Hereâ€™s the latest. Just in time for the bios on my ds3 to pop itâ€™s lid. RMA turnaround time should give me plenty of time to work out and the kinks in the w.c. loop.
As the chips are falling, the only area thatâ€™s looking (probably) to tight to bend Â½â€™ hose is the inlet/outlet of the CPU block. Worse case may require my fab/modding new â€œsweepingâ€ barbs to the CPU block.
CHANGES SINCE LAST PICTURE POSTS:
1) Split/part line takes a zigzag shape to accommodate worse case scenario of a line of 3 full height PCI cards + graphics card and 2 pci express cards.
2) Bumped out the water pump to be over the top fan, frees up some room for comfortable tube bends to and from the pump.
3) Grafted on a modded rear panel (with all the card mounting sheet metal and accessories plug in panel) to the folddown side panel.
4) Spliced in psu mounting panel to opposite side of the case
5) Mounted hacked up motherboard mounting plate and fitted it to the fold down door.
6) Made a mess.
So at this point it ready to become a functioning mule. Bit rough around the edges, pop riveted together, etc. I may dial it in, mig weld the joints, etc, or, build another less butchered case (cause this time I'd know where Iâ€™m headed) or, just use it like it is.
Oh Yea, need to design and fabricate a nice front bezel
*Note: Three year olds stealing the scene , dads know...gotta pick your battles...he stays... this time...
FRNT VIEW (Ya think it need s a frnt. bezel ) BUTTONEND UP, EVERY THING FITS INSIDE
OPENED UP. NOTE PEGS REPRESENTING CPU BLOCK BARBS, PLUMBING NEXT ON THE AGENDA
BACK VIEW ILLUSTRATES REAR PANEL INTERFACE DIVISION BETWEEN EITHER SIDE OF CASE. (Double hard drive cage not in view, fits fine, just haven't figured the best way to mount it.)
So, plumbingâ€™s next. Preliminary mockups donâ€™t show any big problem areas except the inlet/outlet for the CPU blockâ€¦plan in the works. In general relatively easy, challenge is to optimize a kluge set of components. Means avoiding elbows and the like. Messing around with some fabbed swept bends now, not sure of there final composition.
Any way, check back in a week or two, by then should have the loop mocked up, hooked up and tested for leaks. Hopefully the mobo will be back by then and I might even be running.