Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Need help with P4 IHS removal
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need help with P4 IHS removal - Page 2

post #11 of 15
its solder.
sorry to hear that. if you get a new CPU though, the E4*00s have thermal paste instead of solder under the IHS. you'd have to get a 775 board though. (would be smart even if you still had the P4)
post #12 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChielScape View Post
its solder.
sorry to hear that. if you get a new CPU though, the E4*00s have thermal paste instead of solder under the IHS. you'd have to get a 775 board though. (would be smart even if you still had the P4)
Haha. If that was my first PC I would not do suck a thing on it. Actually that was my secondary PC. I will buy a new CPU. I would like a 3.2 but as it seems its price is still high ^^'' So I am probably buying a 3.0 I found that is at 3 GHz. and 60 euro on ebay or wait someone in here to sell his.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i5-2310 Pegatron Cleveland 2AB6 Dual-X R9 280X 3G D5 Corsair Value Select 2GB VS2GB1333D3 x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB Seagate Barracuda ST31000333AS 1TB Western Digital Red NAS WD30EFRX 3TB Plextor PX820-SA 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Xilence M403 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Windows 10 Home 64bit LG 23MP65 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer AL1714 Logitech Cordless Desktop S520 Thermaltake Toughpower XT 750W Hewlett Packard P7 case 
Mouse
Natec Genesis GX77 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i5-2310 Pegatron Cleveland 2AB6 Dual-X R9 280X 3G D5 Corsair Value Select 2GB VS2GB1333D3 x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB Seagate Barracuda ST31000333AS 1TB Western Digital Red NAS WD30EFRX 3TB Plextor PX820-SA 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Xilence M403 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Windows 10 Home 64bit LG 23MP65 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer AL1714 Logitech Cordless Desktop S520 Thermaltake Toughpower XT 750W Hewlett Packard P7 case 
Mouse
Natec Genesis GX77 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltall View Post
Haha. If that was my first PC I would not do suck a thing on it. Actually that was my secondary PC. I will buy a new CPU. I would like a 3.2 but as it seems its price is still high ^^'' So I am probably buying a 3.0 I found that is at 3 GHz. and 60 euro on ebay or wait someone in here to sell his.
just go for the cheapes you can find, especially if you're gonna try again. look around to see which ones have paste instead of solder inside. Celerons maybe?
post #14 of 15
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChielScape View Post
just go for the cheapes you can find, especially if you're gonna try again. look around to see which ones have paste instead of solder inside. Celerons maybe?
Lol I assure you there is no way I am doing it again. I will probably just lap it this time. I hope the temps will be better.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i5-2310 Pegatron Cleveland 2AB6 Dual-X R9 280X 3G D5 Corsair Value Select 2GB VS2GB1333D3 x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB Seagate Barracuda ST31000333AS 1TB Western Digital Red NAS WD30EFRX 3TB Plextor PX820-SA 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Xilence M403 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Windows 10 Home 64bit LG 23MP65 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer AL1714 Logitech Cordless Desktop S520 Thermaltake Toughpower XT 750W Hewlett Packard P7 case 
Mouse
Natec Genesis GX77 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel® Core™ i5-2310 Pegatron Cleveland 2AB6 Dual-X R9 280X 3G D5 Corsair Value Select 2GB VS2GB1333D3 x4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB Seagate Barracuda ST31000333AS 1TB Western Digital Red NAS WD30EFRX 3TB Plextor PX820-SA 
CoolingOSOSMonitor
Xilence M403 Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit Windows 10 Home 64bit LG 23MP65 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer AL1714 Logitech Cordless Desktop S520 Thermaltake Toughpower XT 750W Hewlett Packard P7 case 
Mouse
Natec Genesis GX77 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltall View Post
Lol I assure you there is no way I am doing it again. I will probably just lap it this time. I hope the temps will be better.
my 775 520j acted dead when i removed it, put the IHS back on with past and try it see if it posts
i put it back on and it worked fine
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Need help with P4 IHS removal