Originally Posted by RickJS
How anyone can agree with this is beyond me. If some many people are complaining, obviously something is wrong.
How about you actually try Vista before flaming it, have you not realised that most people on these forums who have Vista seem to think it runs perfectly fine and alot think it is better than XP (myself included)
Originally Posted by sniperscope
I'm running vista x64. I love it!!
The only cons for me:
- It devours ram (just bought 2GB)
- I can't find printer drivers for my lexmark printer, but I'm blaming that more on Lexmark, those fags
- Nvidia drivers are not quite there yet
Other than that, its totally worth it.
Marvelous list as well by the way!
1. With 2gb you should be fine
2. That is the reason i got rid of my Lexmark printer and got my HP laser printer
3. They aren't quite there yet but they are slowly but surely getting there
The only problems i have had with vista is some software compatability problems but now they are all sorted and most where down to user error, so before people flame vista try it on a decent system first and then try to complain on how it "eats RAM"