Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Overclocked ram & Why 1:1?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Overclocked ram & Why 1:1? - Page 8

post #71 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choggs396 View Post
You are a moron. The lack of your understanding is what is frustrating me. Just because Stephen Hawking couldn't explain quantum gravity to you doesn't mean HE's the IDIOT. The sad thing is the numbers I've presented you are pretty simple yet you still fail to grasp them.
and you complain about paul saying your statement was silly and how people shouldn't call someone else names. yet you can go ahead and call someone an idiot?

Quote:
While Pauldovi is wrong, you can't even make your arguments coherent.
his argument makes sense to me. remember he's the idiot here and your the smart one. shoudln't be too hard to figure out what he says.



but lets sum this up easily. if FSB was held the same and the only option you could change is the memory speed. what would you do? worry about efficiency and keep the 1:1 or go for performance and up the ram speed? as far as it goes why would one lower the FSB just so they can up the memory divider? use some common sense there. if anything people are going to up the fsb as much as they can then up the memory afterwords to get the most from their system at least if they have ram that is worth a damn
compy jr
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
xeon 3350 at 3.6ghz Asus P5k-dlx HIS 7970 @ 1150/1900 Lots of them.  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
vista ultimate x64/xp sp3 compaq 21" junk dell keyboard corsair tx850m 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
upgraded metal box You don't need a mouse Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
compy jr
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
xeon 3350 at 3.6ghz Asus P5k-dlx HIS 7970 @ 1150/1900 Lots of them.  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
vista ultimate x64/xp sp3 compaq 21" junk dell keyboard corsair tx850m 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
upgraded metal box You don't need a mouse Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 88
You can make all the arguments or not, but I stand by what I said:

Quote:
A 1:1 ratio will typically run faster compared to memory running at the same speed that is out of sync
I WANT YOU TO READ THAT QUOTE ONE MORE TIME. OR AS MANY TIMES UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND IT.

NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. I never was trying to make an argument other than this simple fact right here. And as soon as I get the time, I'll run benchmarks to prove it.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.6GHz (lapped) EVGA 780i SLI FTW @ 1600MHz FSB 2 x EVGA 8800GTX 768MB (SLI) @ 625/1500/2000MHz 2x2GB G.Skill PC2-8000 PQ @ 800MHz (linked to FSB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160GB WD RAID 0, 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 LITE-ON 20X SATA DVD/CD RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Viewsonic VA2702w 27" LCD 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Value 100 (beer magnet) Corsair TX 750W Cooler Master ATCS 840 Logitech SBF-90 (cheapest one on Newegg) 
Mouse Pad
Some kinda rubber thing (beer magnet) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.6GHz (lapped) EVGA 780i SLI FTW @ 1600MHz FSB 2 x EVGA 8800GTX 768MB (SLI) @ 625/1500/2000MHz 2x2GB G.Skill PC2-8000 PQ @ 800MHz (linked to FSB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160GB WD RAID 0, 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 LITE-ON 20X SATA DVD/CD RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Viewsonic VA2702w 27" LCD 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Value 100 (beer magnet) Corsair TX 750W Cooler Master ATCS 840 Logitech SBF-90 (cheapest one on Newegg) 
Mouse Pad
Some kinda rubber thing (beer magnet) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi View Post
I agree. But it has nothing to do with the memory ratio. The former has a FSB of 1600Mhz while the latter only has a FSB of 1066Mhz.
And the FSB (as in 1600 or 1066 you're speaking of), the number in and of itself, will have nothing to with actual performance what so ever. It's simply the real FSB X 4 .... but the CPU speed also relies on a thing called a multiplier.

Besides all that: (CL3PO)

Quote:
If you had any kind of proof or example to show, the argument might not be so one-sided. But I suggest YOU do your homework before spouting off crap at the mouth. Just because you have a nice computer, doesnt mean we are believing what you say is truth...PROVE IT OR SHUT IT.
Before telling someone to "shut it", read and UNDERSTAND the mathematical equations first.

******EDIT*******

I'm sick of playing in the mud at this thread, and I'm through with posting in this pointless argument. I'm taking the high road now, as I should have a long time ago.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.6GHz (lapped) EVGA 780i SLI FTW @ 1600MHz FSB 2 x EVGA 8800GTX 768MB (SLI) @ 625/1500/2000MHz 2x2GB G.Skill PC2-8000 PQ @ 800MHz (linked to FSB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160GB WD RAID 0, 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 LITE-ON 20X SATA DVD/CD RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Viewsonic VA2702w 27" LCD 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Value 100 (beer magnet) Corsair TX 750W Cooler Master ATCS 840 Logitech SBF-90 (cheapest one on Newegg) 
Mouse Pad
Some kinda rubber thing (beer magnet) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.6GHz (lapped) EVGA 780i SLI FTW @ 1600MHz FSB 2 x EVGA 8800GTX 768MB (SLI) @ 625/1500/2000MHz 2x2GB G.Skill PC2-8000 PQ @ 800MHz (linked to FSB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160GB WD RAID 0, 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 LITE-ON 20X SATA DVD/CD RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Viewsonic VA2702w 27" LCD 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Value 100 (beer magnet) Corsair TX 750W Cooler Master ATCS 840 Logitech SBF-90 (cheapest one on Newegg) 
Mouse Pad
Some kinda rubber thing (beer magnet) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 88
You will be playing in the mud outside the forums if you aren't careful...

If you are so sure that your theory is correct, then run some tests and report back, the people you're talking to aren't as stupid as you think.
DDTR EX
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x6800 eVGA 680i 2x Asus 8800GTX VM 30" Dell HC 2x 19" Benq 4GB Corsair D9s 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Raptor 150 Raid 0 <20db USB Plextor, when needed Vista Ultimate Dell 30" 2560x1600 Res, 4 Benq 19" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Enermax 1KW UV blue DD Torture Rack Mod Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Func f10.s 
  hide details  
Reply
DDTR EX
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
x6800 eVGA 680i 2x Asus 8800GTX VM 30" Dell HC 2x 19" Benq 4GB Corsair D9s 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Raptor 150 Raid 0 <20db USB Plextor, when needed Vista Ultimate Dell 30" 2560x1600 Res, 4 Benq 19" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Enermax 1KW UV blue DD Torture Rack Mod Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
Func f10.s 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 88
I've taken much more offense here than I've given, and been ganged up on and insulted. I admit I haven't been totally pleasant, but a lot of the things said to me were uncalled for and lacked honest contribution as well.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.6GHz (lapped) EVGA 780i SLI FTW @ 1600MHz FSB 2 x EVGA 8800GTX 768MB (SLI) @ 625/1500/2000MHz 2x2GB G.Skill PC2-8000 PQ @ 800MHz (linked to FSB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160GB WD RAID 0, 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 LITE-ON 20X SATA DVD/CD RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Viewsonic VA2702w 27" LCD 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Value 100 (beer magnet) Corsair TX 750W Cooler Master ATCS 840 Logitech SBF-90 (cheapest one on Newegg) 
Mouse Pad
Some kinda rubber thing (beer magnet) 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.6GHz (lapped) EVGA 780i SLI FTW @ 1600MHz FSB 2 x EVGA 8800GTX 768MB (SLI) @ 625/1500/2000MHz 2x2GB G.Skill PC2-8000 PQ @ 800MHz (linked to FSB) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x160GB WD RAID 0, 750GB Samsung Spinpoint F1 LITE-ON 20X SATA DVD/CD RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Viewsonic VA2702w 27" LCD 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Value 100 (beer magnet) Corsair TX 750W Cooler Master ATCS 840 Logitech SBF-90 (cheapest one on Newegg) 
Mouse Pad
Some kinda rubber thing (beer magnet) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #76 of 88
0.o ...ok... I started reading this thread with the hope of increasing my knowledge on the topic of OC memory etc. All I got was a headache!?
po-ta-toe
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600 DH67CL Radeon HD 6850 Mix-a-match 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 EVO Western Digital Blue Western Digital Green LG Multi-write DVD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Manjaro i3 Community Edition Samsung TV Steelseries 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouse
No name 550kW Circle Steelseries Sensei 
  hide details  
Reply
po-ta-toe
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600 DH67CL Radeon HD 6850 Mix-a-match 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 EVO Western Digital Blue Western Digital Green LG Multi-write DVD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Manjaro i3 Community Edition Samsung TV Steelseries 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouse
No name 550kW Circle Steelseries Sensei 
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenailedone View Post
0.o ...ok... I started reading this thread with the hope of increasing my knowledge on the topic of OC memory etc. All I got was a headache!?
Read the guide in the Intel topic.. one of them... sdfjkoajkl; They have info
Workoholic REborn
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 12GB 1x4GB+1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series WD Black ASUS DVD+RW Sunbeam Twister 120 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate LG OLED65C7P Oculus Rift Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 620 Modular Lian Li V1020B G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
Workoholic REborn
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 12GB 1x4GB+1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series WD Black ASUS DVD+RW Sunbeam Twister 120 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate LG OLED65C7P Oculus Rift Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 620 Modular Lian Li V1020B G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGX1016 View Post
Read the guide in the Intel topic.. one of them... sdfjkoajkl; They have info
LOL... will do (but this wasn't the real reason for my post... more a little rant on a thread gone wrong )
po-ta-toe
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600 DH67CL Radeon HD 6850 Mix-a-match 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 EVO Western Digital Blue Western Digital Green LG Multi-write DVD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Manjaro i3 Community Edition Samsung TV Steelseries 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouse
No name 550kW Circle Steelseries Sensei 
  hide details  
Reply
po-ta-toe
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600 DH67CL Radeon HD 6850 Mix-a-match 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 850 EVO Western Digital Blue Western Digital Green LG Multi-write DVD-ROM 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Manjaro i3 Community Edition Samsung TV Steelseries 6Gv2 
PowerCaseMouse
No name 550kW Circle Steelseries Sensei 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choggs396 View Post
You can make all the arguments or not, but I stand by what I said:



I WANT YOU TO READ THAT QUOTE ONE MORE TIME. OR AS MANY TIMES UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND IT.

NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. I never was trying to make an argument other than this simple fact right here. And as soon as I get the time, I'll run benchmarks to prove it.
what you are worried about arguing this anyway. it doesn't mean anything. it doesn't make your computer faster. it does nothing. so why fret and worry about something that in the long run isn't going to gain you anything if you have any common sense.
compy jr
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
xeon 3350 at 3.6ghz Asus P5k-dlx HIS 7970 @ 1150/1900 Lots of them.  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
vista ultimate x64/xp sp3 compaq 21" junk dell keyboard corsair tx850m 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
upgraded metal box You don't need a mouse Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
compy jr
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
xeon 3350 at 3.6ghz Asus P5k-dlx HIS 7970 @ 1150/1900 Lots of them.  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
vista ultimate x64/xp sp3 compaq 21" junk dell keyboard corsair tx850m 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
upgraded metal box You don't need a mouse Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choggs396 View Post
You can make all the arguments or not, but I stand by what I said:



I WANT YOU TO READ THAT QUOTE ONE MORE TIME. OR AS MANY TIMES UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND IT.

NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS. I never was trying to make an argument other than this simple fact right here. And as soon as I get the time, I'll run benchmarks to prove it.
If my memory will run faster than a 1:1 "sync" it is advantageous to do so. Do you not agree. Like my scenario earlier, and my benchmarks showed. The higher the memory speed, the higher the performance.

How can you test different dividers without changing memory speed, cpu speed, and FSB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choggs396 View Post
And the FSB (as in 1600 or 1066 you're speaking of), the number in and of itself, will have nothing to with actual performance what so ever. It's simply the real FSB X 4 .... but the CPU speed also relies on a thing called a multiplier.

Besides all that: (CL3PO)



Before telling someone to "shut it", read and UNDERSTAND the mathematical equations first.

******EDIT*******

I'm sick of playing in the mud at this thread, and I'm through with posting in this pointless argument. I'm taking the high road now, as I should have a long time ago.
Are you for real? The FSB has nothing to do with performance just because it has been multiplied by 4? If I multiply all the FSB by 100,000,000, it will still tell us about performance, because they have all been multiplied by a constant.
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Overclocked ram & Why 1:1?