Overclock.net banner

MB Temp vs. BF2142 Stability?

318 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  kidwolf909 
#1 ·
Well lately my computer has been locking up/glitching when I play BF2142 for some odd reason and I never thought it could be anything but the GPU (it had been acting funny anyway), so I RMA'd it. Popped in my new 7900GS and the problem still persists! However, lately I've noticed that my Motherboard temperature is getting up to like 49C at just idle! In the past my motherboard has ALWAYS been at a lower temp than my CPU.

When the CPU is at 36C (idle), the mobo is at 49C or more! And when I game the CPU hits 46-47C and the mobo to 52-53C
Now do you think that my BF2142 issue could somehow be directly related to my motherboard temps rising?

Another interesting quirk, I think (fuzzy, but possible) that when I installed my BT is when BF2142 started to act up... Now everybody know the stock Intel HSF blows ass, but perhaps it's low profile actually stirred more air over the NB.

I'm not really sure what to do, I could buy a new NB heatsink fan and hope that does the trick (from Radioshack probably), or I could try to stick a fan on there myself which would be tricky... I don't really know what to actually.

I even tried running with my Firewall completely disable and ALL unnecessary programs shut down.. still did it.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! I can't stand being in the middle of a 64 man battle as commander and get frickin kicked from 2142

EDIT: Oh and reps for EVERY person who can help out..

See less See more
#2 ·
i would suggest a reinstall of graphics card drivers, but if anything i would say ram instability. i doubt its your nb, but i would buy a mem cooler to go along with your heat spreaders. i use to have random freeze's and kicks until i reinstalled my drivers.

try the dominator mem fan, its only 20$ from new egg or frozen cpu. i have it and its near silent. dropped my mb temps about 5 degrees. if thjose dont help, hit me up again

• Rep+
Reactions: kidwolf909
#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by phospholipid
View Post

i would suggest a reinstall of graphics card drivers, but if anything i would say ram instability. i doubt its your nb, but i would buy a mem cooler to go along with your heat spreaders. i use to have random freeze's and kicks until i reinstalled my drivers.

try the dominator mem fan, its only 20$ from new egg or frozen cpu. i have it and its near silent. dropped my mb temps about 5 degrees. if thjose dont help, hit me up again

You know, I never really though about drivers.. I used the same Xtreme-G 92.91's with my 7800GT that I RMA'd too :-\\

But the game used to run flawlessly with those drivers a long time ago... This is weird. And @MGX - Yea I've though about it being RAM issues, but they're underclocked and memtest 86+ shows no errors, so I think they're good.

I'm still a bit concerned about my NB temp, since it used to be soooo much cooler, but I'll just try driver for now, thanks guys! REPS

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ihatethedukes
View Post

Did you reseat your NB heatsink with new AS5 yet?

No, I actually haven't been able to figure out how yet... It uses a very odd retention system that I don't know how to pop free :-\\

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.