ok, don't know what info Audi wants or if he even wants any still but, this is how my second attempt went. There are pics to go along with it.
1. This is what my as5 coverage was after i removed the hsf from my try last night.
2. The clean cpu ihs after alcohol treatment.
3. The applicator. Ok, so i decided too much as5 was wasted just by putting the end of the mechanical pencil on the end of the oem applicator. So what i did was use an OfficeMax 0.7 pencil. I cut the first 3/8 inch of the tip off of the pencil. As i applied it i just used two fingers as I squeezed the syringe plunger down. It was a bit tedious but i didn't waste as much as5. (on my pencil there was some plastic that prevented it from sliding on but I just used a electronics screwdriver and twisted it out)
(sorry about the blurriness)
4. After the application, this is the amount of as5 on cpu.
5. And the hsf installation. Here is a pic just for the heck of it.(my hs base)
6. The results so far are the same as my normal application of as5.
Idle=42c on tat,30c speedfan, and 36c core0/40c core1 by coretemp.
Load(same order as above)=58c,54c,58c/61c
I may still be using too much as5, because my temps have not increased either. I may try again tomm. once i get some more time. Gonna have to stock up on as5, finally after 2 years i need some more as5, lol.
Ok, here is how it went for the testing also. I have an ambient temp of 21-22c and it is only hitting the 80f out side so my basement is staying pretty cool.My vcore is at 1.35v and am running 325x9.
Well,hope some find interest/use of this.
Audi, def. a good idea either way. Thanks for the suggestion.