Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › PS3 Halo-Killer Killzone 2 To Be Shown At E3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

PS3 Halo-Killer Killzone 2 To Be Shown At E3 - Page 6

post #51 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
I hope you're joking.

Oldboy and I have had a futile argument or two but the kid posts nothing but negative comments when anything Microsoft related comes up.
Eh? I was poking fun at him for saying the graphics were bad on a 6 year old game.
post #52 of 95
No, what I was saying is was that you shouldn't be surprised that he was saying something negative about Halo 2. Because he has a tendency to post negative comments about anything Microsoft related.
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #53 of 95
I read this thread and see people that hate Halo and then I think. These are probably the same people that need directions on a pack of toothpicks.
Mira
(17 items)
 
R a z a N e u n
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2400S ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 AMD Radeon R9 390 Crucial Ballistix Tracer 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB Western Digital WD50000LPLX LG BR/DVD/CD Burner Air Nation 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Home RCA 32" 1080p RCA 32" 1080p LG 32" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Devastator II Ultra 1000w PC Voodoo Rage Cooler Master Devastator II 
Mouse Pad
Custom 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 EP45-UD3L ATI Radeon HD 6950 Crucial Ballistix Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Western Digital LiteON DVD+-RW ArcticCooling CPU | 4x 80mm Case Fans Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony 46" + LG 32" Logitech G15 Silverstone ST60F 600W VoodooPC Rage D:100 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech VX Revolution Vera Wang AltecLansing 5.1 300W Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
Mira
(17 items)
 
R a z a N e u n
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2400S ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 AMD Radeon R9 390 Crucial Ballistix Tracer 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung SSD 850 Pro 256GB Western Digital WD50000LPLX LG BR/DVD/CD Burner Air Nation 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Home RCA 32" 1080p RCA 32" 1080p LG 32" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cooler Master Devastator II Ultra 1000w PC Voodoo Rage Cooler Master Devastator II 
Mouse Pad
Custom 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 EP45-UD3L ATI Radeon HD 6950 Crucial Ballistix Tracer 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1TB Western Digital LiteON DVD+-RW ArcticCooling CPU | 4x 80mm Case Fans Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit) 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony 46" + LG 32" Logitech G15 Silverstone ST60F 600W VoodooPC Rage D:100 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech VX Revolution Vera Wang AltecLansing 5.1 300W Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #54 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfroth View Post
At the risk of fanning the obligatory flame war I'm sure is happening as we speak on this topic... wouldn't people actually have to own a PS3 for it to be a halo killer? I'm not a fan boy... but I mean... ya you know what I mean... GO WII!!!
if you look at the numbers it is selling just as good as the 360 was in it's first 6 months.... ....Fanboy....and once KZ2, MGS4, GT5, HS, Lair and so on all are released it will start selling more, especially with the rumored christmas price drop.
post #55 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
I hope you're joking.

Oldboy and I have had a futile argument or two but the kid posts nothing but negative comments when anything Microsoft related comes up.
Obviously you never pay attention to me then since i Love Forza(i'm thinking about buying #2), and i even bought Gears of War(actually traded for it but still) even though i don't even have a 360, i usually play it wherever i can, mostly at my gf's on her brothers, though those are the only 2 games that interest me on the system...I hate the 360 because of how poorly made it is(30% fail rate) and Halo is the most overrated piece of garbage i have ever played....and Yes i have played both games.



Here are TRUE ratings for Halo 2 and Halo: Halo 2 - Halo


and also here is some info on the hardware failures from a respectable source: http://gamepolitics.com/2007/06/28/x...nsumer-action/
post #56 of 95
1. The smilie is used to denote sarcasm and considering our previous argument, I figured you would have picked up on that.

2. There still is no solid proof of an absurd 30% failure rate yet you state it as fact.

3. You call Halo garbage simply because you don't like it but consider Killzone great when almost every other poster here considers it garbage. Double standards anyone?

And by the way, that link to Halo 2 is for the recent PC release not the original Xbox release. That doesn't lend much credibility to your argument. They are rating a game that was released 3 years ago and just now ported to PC. Not exactly a fair comparison but since you are not a Halo fan, which is fine, I see that you can't discern the difference.
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #57 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
yes it had generic graphics for it's generation, and no i am not being ignorant and comparing it to PS3/360 type graphics...
It had great graphics for its generation. I have no idea what you are bickering about...

What other console game from 2004 could surpase the game in visuals (not that it matters) and its constant framerate? Name one please.

You do realize that the original xbox was only powered by a 700mhz CPU, and a modified Ge-Force 2....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
Well if there was anything worth actually paying $50 to play online then it wouldn't be #1.....Halo isn't even worth 5 cents if ya ask me....
You're not paying to play Halo 2 online, you're paying for the xbox live service. Downloadable content, voice chat, ranking systems....all for multiple games.

Now if you can't afford $50 a YEAR, you need a job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
well that's pretty ironic since one of the most hyped areas of those games were the graphics, which led people to state greatest game ever, which it was neither that good, nor pretty
I don't know where you heard this. The visuals weren't really ever hyped up....online multiplayer was the most talked about aspect before its release.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4430 MSI H81M-P33 MSI GTX960 2x4GB GSKILL DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerMouse
Samsung EVO 850 256GB Win 10 EVGA 500B Zowie EC2-A 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Zowie GSR SHP 9500S + FIO E10K ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4430 MSI H81M-P33 MSI GTX960 2x4GB GSKILL DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerMouse
Samsung EVO 850 256GB Win 10 EVGA 500B Zowie EC2-A 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Zowie GSR SHP 9500S + FIO E10K ASUS VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz 1ms  
  hide details  
Reply
post #58 of 95
in my opinion, halo 1 and 2 are one of the worst games on xbox. i dont know why u guys like them so much i rlly hate them. i'd much rather play metroid prime than that.
It sucks I know
(13 items)
 
  
CPURAMHard Drive
Pentium 3, 736 mghz 256 mb 20 gb 
  hide details  
Reply
It sucks I know
(13 items)
 
  
CPURAMHard Drive
Pentium 3, 736 mghz 256 mb 20 gb 
  hide details  
Reply
post #59 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
1. The smilie is used to denote sarcasm and considering our previous argument, I figured you would have picked up on that.

2. There still is no solid proof of an absurd 30% failure rate yet you state it as fact.

3. You call Halo garbage simply because you don't like it but consider Killzone great when almost every other poster here considers it garbage. Double standards anyone?

And by the way, that link to Halo 2 is for the recent PC release not the original Xbox release. That doesn't lend much credibility to your argument. They are rating a game that was released 3 years ago and just now ported to PC. Not exactly a fair comparison but since you are not a Halo fan, which is fine, I see that you can't discern the difference.
No Killzone was a GOOD game on the PS2 but nothing compared, like halo, to PC fps games....

Yes those Ratings do add credibility since it is the SAME EXACT game, and compared to other pc games it has nothing on them, as shown by the ratings...

You keep saying there is no proof yet all you hear about is the enormous amount of hardware failures, without anythign about wii/ps3 failures....stop trying to ignore the truth.

Halo was a generic game. There were alot better games from that generation.
post #60 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal05 View Post
It had great graphics for its generation. I have no idea what you are bickering about...

What other console game from 2004 could surpase the game in visuals (not that it matters) and its constant framerate? Name one please.

You do realize that the original xbox was only powered by a 700mhz CPU, and a modified Ge-Force 2....



You're not paying to play Halo 2 online, you're paying for the xbox live service. Downloadable content, voice chat, ranking systems....all for multiple games.

Now if you can't afford $50 a YEAR, you need a job.


I don't know where you heard this. The visuals weren't really ever hyped up....online multiplayer was the most talked about aspect before its release.

Yet i would say around 25% atleast signed up for live ONLY because of Halo(and that's a conservative estimate), and that is why the service expanded...Wasn't Halo 2 still the most played game on Live up until Gears came out??
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › PS3 Halo-Killer Killzone 2 To Be Shown At E3