Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › 2.3Ghz 2500+ Barton Core sktA...STOCK COOLING!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2.3Ghz 2500+ Barton Core sktA...STOCK COOLING! - Page 3

post #21 of 46
Did you try 83%? Certain ram can be very picky about being overclocked even if it's just a little bit.
post #22 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubz View Post
Did you try 83%? Certain ram can be very picky about being overclocked even if it's just a little bit.
trying Prime 95 now at 172.9MHZ, will post back shortly. (prolly go have dinner too )
Blue Steal
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming, 8GB 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX Black C15 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung EVO 850 (SSD) WD 4TB 5,900rpm Corsair Hydro H75 (p/p) Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB1 28" 4K UHD G-Sync Logitech G910 Mechanical EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 80+ Gold Modular NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) + 2x 140mm NZXT Case Fans 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Gigabyte 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steal
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming, 8GB 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX Black C15 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung EVO 850 (SSD) WD 4TB 5,900rpm Corsair Hydro H75 (p/p) Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB1 28" 4K UHD G-Sync Logitech G910 Mechanical EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 80+ Gold Modular NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) + 2x 140mm NZXT Case Fans 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Gigabyte 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 46
Thread Starter 
Well, the Memory Bus is lowered to 345Mhz and the FSB is 414Mhz. Ran Prime95, lasted for about 2 minutes and then came up with the same error. Got me stumped
Blue Steal
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming, 8GB 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX Black C15 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung EVO 850 (SSD) WD 4TB 5,900rpm Corsair Hydro H75 (p/p) Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB1 28" 4K UHD G-Sync Logitech G910 Mechanical EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 80+ Gold Modular NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) + 2x 140mm NZXT Case Fans 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Gigabyte 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steal
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming, 8GB 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX Black C15 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung EVO 850 (SSD) WD 4TB 5,900rpm Corsair Hydro H75 (p/p) Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB1 28" 4K UHD G-Sync Logitech G910 Mechanical EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 80+ Gold Modular NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) + 2x 140mm NZXT Case Fans 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Gigabyte 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 46
That's a pretty good OCr. Keep it going, mate
post #25 of 46
Just to let you know, if you are EVER doing any OCing on a Socket A rig, always always use a 1:1 ratio. Always. Never ever run dividers.

If you're using the crap stock cooler that came with all the XP CPUs, ditch it and go find yourself a good Zalman or preferably an SI-97 or SP-97. Don't take the VCore over 1.65 volts on the stock cooler unless you're in Alaska and have your rig sitting outside in -20C temps.

If you want to see if your RAM is the problem, just do what everyone else does and use memtest. What kind of chips is your RAM using?

Also, what is the stepping on the CPU? If you got a crap stepping, or even a good stepping that was manufactured too early, there's no way it will work with only 1.75 volts. My 2800 mobile (IQYHA, week 20 of 05) has a stock voltage of 1.55 and needs 1.675 to hit 2.35ghz. So if you've got a bad stepping, it's going to need more juice.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4850e M3A78 4850 4x2GB 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
1TB WD Blac Hanns G 28" Corsair HX 520 TT 8003BWS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4850e M3A78 4850 4x2GB 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
1TB WD Blac Hanns G 28" Corsair HX 520 TT 8003BWS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_STiK View Post
Just to let you know, if you are EVER doing any OCing on a Socket A rig, always always use a 1:1 ratio. Always. Never ever run dividers.

If you're using the crap stock cooler that came with all the XP CPUs, ditch it and go find yourself a good Zalman or preferably an SI-97 or SP-97. Don't take the VCore over 1.65 volts on the stock cooler unless you're in Alaska and have your rig sitting outside in -20C temps.

If you want to see if your RAM is the problem, just do what everyone else does and use memtest. What kind of chips is your RAM using?

Also, what is the stepping on the CPU? If you got a crap stepping, or even a good stepping that was manufactured too early, there's no way it will work with only 1.75 volts. My 2800 mobile (IQYHA, week 20 of 05) has a stock voltage of 1.55 and needs 1.675 to hit 2.35ghz. So if you've got a bad stepping, it's going to need more juice.
Well the chips on the ram say:

PSC, and then a whole heap of numbers and letters. its Generic ram, so Im not expecting much out of it.

And at 2.28Ghz at full load its getting to 50-51*C so thats not too bad.

What do you mean by the stepping? how do I check this?
Blue Steal
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming, 8GB 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX Black C15 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung EVO 850 (SSD) WD 4TB 5,900rpm Corsair Hydro H75 (p/p) Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB1 28" 4K UHD G-Sync Logitech G910 Mechanical EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 80+ Gold Modular NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) + 2x 140mm NZXT Case Fans 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Gigabyte 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steal
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming, 8GB 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX Black C15 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung EVO 850 (SSD) WD 4TB 5,900rpm Corsair Hydro H75 (p/p) Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB1 28" 4K UHD G-Sync Logitech G910 Mechanical EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 80+ Gold Modular NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) + 2x 140mm NZXT Case Fans 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Gigabyte 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 46
The stepping is what's written on the black tag on the CPU. Though some say you can, you cannot check the stepping in CPU-Z, that's just a revision number. Just give me the letter and numbers on the tag and I can probably give you ballpark of where you'll go with it.

Some generic RAM came with BH5 chips, you never know. Go ahead and write down all the number and letters that are on the IC itself.

You really need to keep the CPU in the mid 40s range. When you start OCing, Bartons tend to shy away from 54C+ temps. They'll make it up to 58C, but you don't want it that high.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4850e M3A78 4850 4x2GB 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
1TB WD Blac Hanns G 28" Corsair HX 520 TT 8003BWS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4850e M3A78 4850 4x2GB 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
1TB WD Blac Hanns G 28" Corsair HX 520 TT 8003BWS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_STiK View Post
The stepping is what's written on the black tag on the CPU. Though some say you can, you cannot check the stepping in CPU-Z, that's just a revision number. Just give me the letter and numbers on the tag and I can probably give you ballpark of where you'll go with it.

Some generic RAM came with BH5 chips, you never know. Go ahead and write down all the number and letters that are on the IC itself.

You really need to keep the CPU in the mid 40s range. When you start OCing, Bartons tend to shy away from 54C+ temps. They'll make it up to 58C, but you don't want it that high.
Black tag? whats that?

the numbers on the ram chips are:

PSC

A2S56D30CTP
517ALA2X
TAIWAN-5

and on the sticker it says:

512Mb UNB PC3200 CL2.5
Blue Steal
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming, 8GB 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX Black C15 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung EVO 850 (SSD) WD 4TB 5,900rpm Corsair Hydro H75 (p/p) Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB1 28" 4K UHD G-Sync Logitech G910 Mechanical EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 80+ Gold Modular NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) + 2x 140mm NZXT Case Fans 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Gigabyte 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steal
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming, 8GB 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX Black C15 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung EVO 850 (SSD) WD 4TB 5,900rpm Corsair Hydro H75 (p/p) Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB1 28" 4K UHD G-Sync Logitech G910 Mechanical EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 80+ Gold Modular NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) + 2x 140mm NZXT Case Fans 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Gigabyte 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unl33t View Post
Black tag? whats that?

the numbers on the ram chips are:

PSC

A2S56D30CTP
517ALA2X
TAIWAN-5

and on the sticker it says:

512Mb UNB PC3200 CL2.5
CPU stepping looks like this on the CPU:

post #30 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dskina View Post
CPU stepping looks like this on the CPU:



Ohhh, THAT black tag... Im not to sure If i want to remove the HSF though because I dont have any AS5 handy to reseat.
Blue Steal
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming, 8GB 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX Black C15 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung EVO 850 (SSD) WD 4TB 5,900rpm Corsair Hydro H75 (p/p) Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB1 28" 4K UHD G-Sync Logitech G910 Mechanical EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 80+ Gold Modular NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) + 2x 140mm NZXT Case Fans 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Gigabyte 
  hide details  
Reply
Blue Steal
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake 4Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z170X Gaming 3  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming, 8GB 16GB (2x8GB) Vengeance LPX Black C15 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB Samsung EVO 850 (SSD) WD 4TB 5,900rpm Corsair Hydro H75 (p/p) Windows 10 PRO 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer Predator XB1 28" 4K UHD G-Sync Logitech G910 Mechanical EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2 80+ Gold Modular NZXT S340 (Black/Blue) + 2x 140mm NZXT Case Fans 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G502 Gigabyte 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD CPUs › 2.3Ghz 2500+ Barton Core sktA...STOCK COOLING!