Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › Mobo makers say "Phenom delayed to 1Q08", AMD says "launch 2H07"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Mobo makers say "Phenom delayed to 1Q08", AMD says "launch 2H07" - Page 3

post #21 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by prestontrogden View Post
**** what planet do u live on? are u ppl so niave u think they are the only ppl that do this sort of thing?
I don't understand your argument...I'm considering Intel and AMD, and there's evidence in the Anti-trust case against Intel that they paid Dell $1 billion annually to keep exclusivity, and it was all off the books. If AMD does this, I'd be surprised, considering they don't have that kind of capitol, or a pc manufacturer that exclusively makes AMD systems. I'm sure other business have illegal practices, but we're talking about only two specific companies here.

Concerning Phenom, I really hope the motherboard manufacturers rumor isn't true, and AMD can release their new arch on the Desktop by the holiday season.
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by prestontrogden View Post
**** what planet do u live on? are u ppl so niave u think they are the only ppl that do this sort of thing?
other than the grammar, the voice of reason. finally someone sees what i am suffering to make you guys understand. common sense is not common. rep+
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.6 GHz (450X8) GA P965 S3 7600GT 2GB OCZ Gold @ DDR 2 900 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
320GB Maxtor SATA2, 160 for XP, 160 for Slackware DVD+-RW EIDE 21" CRT by Sun Microsystems 680W Echostar 22A on 12V rail 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Black small Mid-T G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.6 GHz (450X8) GA P965 S3 7600GT 2GB OCZ Gold @ DDR 2 900 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
320GB Maxtor SATA2, 160 for XP, 160 for Slackware DVD+-RW EIDE 21" CRT by Sun Microsystems 680W Echostar 22A on 12V rail 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Black small Mid-T G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
I don't understand your argument...I'm considering Intel and AMD, and there's evidence in the Anti-trust case against Intel that they paid Dell $1 billion annually to keep exclusivity, and it was all off the books. If AMD does this, I'd be surprised, considering they don't have that kind of capitol, or a pc manufacturer that exclusively makes AMD systems. I'm sure other business have illegal practices, but we're talking about only two specific companies here.

Concerning Phenom, I really hope the motherboard manufacturers rumor isn't true, and AMD can release their new arch on the Desktop by the holiday season.
and if they did have that capital, what do you think they would do? nothing?

LOL
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.6 GHz (450X8) GA P965 S3 7600GT 2GB OCZ Gold @ DDR 2 900 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
320GB Maxtor SATA2, 160 for XP, 160 for Slackware DVD+-RW EIDE 21" CRT by Sun Microsystems 680W Echostar 22A on 12V rail 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Black small Mid-T G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.6 GHz (450X8) GA P965 S3 7600GT 2GB OCZ Gold @ DDR 2 900 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
320GB Maxtor SATA2, 160 for XP, 160 for Slackware DVD+-RW EIDE 21" CRT by Sun Microsystems 680W Echostar 22A on 12V rail 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Black small Mid-T G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenath View Post
other than the grammar, the voice of reason. finally someone sees what i am suffering to make you guys understand. common sense is not common. rep+
wow...did you guys even read my post?
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
wow...did you guys even read my post?
did you read mine? look up buddy i quoted ya and said what i thought about what you said there
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.6 GHz (450X8) GA P965 S3 7600GT 2GB OCZ Gold @ DDR 2 900 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
320GB Maxtor SATA2, 160 for XP, 160 for Slackware DVD+-RW EIDE 21" CRT by Sun Microsystems 680W Echostar 22A on 12V rail 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Black small Mid-T G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.6 GHz (450X8) GA P965 S3 7600GT 2GB OCZ Gold @ DDR 2 900 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
320GB Maxtor SATA2, 160 for XP, 160 for Slackware DVD+-RW EIDE 21" CRT by Sun Microsystems 680W Echostar 22A on 12V rail 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Black small Mid-T G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenath View Post
and if they did have that capital, what do you think they would do? nothing?

LOL
invest in greater production capacity? research divisions? research partnerships? AMD doesn't have the bullying power to bribe for Exclusivity, I'm not sure what you're suggesting.
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
invest in greater production capacity? research divisions? research partnerships? AMD doesn't have the bullying power to bribe for Exclusivity, I'm not sure what you're suggesting.
If they had more capital, they would have significantly more 'bullying power to bribe for exclusivity'. The reason they would invest in research divisions/partnerships in their current state is because they are small, and are getting pwned. If AMD were in Intel's situation, with the same company, they would do similar things.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.6 GHz (450X8) GA P965 S3 7600GT 2GB OCZ Gold @ DDR 2 900 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
320GB Maxtor SATA2, 160 for XP, 160 for Slackware DVD+-RW EIDE 21" CRT by Sun Microsystems 680W Echostar 22A on 12V rail 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Black small Mid-T G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.6 GHz (450X8) GA P965 S3 7600GT 2GB OCZ Gold @ DDR 2 900 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
320GB Maxtor SATA2, 160 for XP, 160 for Slackware DVD+-RW EIDE 21" CRT by Sun Microsystems 680W Echostar 22A on 12V rail 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Black small Mid-T G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenath View Post
If they had more capital, they would have significantly more 'bullying power to bribe for exclusivity'. The reason they would invest in research divisions/partnerships in their current state is because they are small, and are getting pwned. If AMD were in Intel's situation, with the same company, they would do similar things.
so, if they had money, instead of focusing on research for progress to get ahead of their competition, they'd instead spend it on bribing other companies? I really don't understand that line of logic.
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryboto View Post
so, if they had money, instead of focusing on research for progress to get ahead of their competition, they'd instead spend it on bribing other companies? I really don't understand that line of logic.
I dont understand how you cant understand that...i wish i could take back that REP i just gave you for a nice debate....
They would want to make more money on what they have right now, squeeze everything they can out of their current architecture LIKE INTEL DID AND HAS DONE
and, well, you said Intel did that, right? thats EXACTLY what Intel did, they had money and focused on bribing dell instead of research in the netburst days

and intel is smarter than you, albeit evil
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.6 GHz (450X8) GA P965 S3 7600GT 2GB OCZ Gold @ DDR 2 900 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
320GB Maxtor SATA2, 160 for XP, 160 for Slackware DVD+-RW EIDE 21" CRT by Sun Microsystems 680W Echostar 22A on 12V rail 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Black small Mid-T G5 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.6 GHz (450X8) GA P965 S3 7600GT 2GB OCZ Gold @ DDR 2 900 5-5-5-15 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
320GB Maxtor SATA2, 160 for XP, 160 for Slackware DVD+-RW EIDE 21" CRT by Sun Microsystems 680W Echostar 22A on 12V rail 
CaseMouse
Rosewill Black small Mid-T G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreenath View Post
I dont understand how you cant understand that...i wish i could take back that REP i just gave you for a nice debate....
They would want to make more money on what they have right now, squeeze everything they can out of their current architecture LIKE INTEL DID AND HAS DONE
and, well, you said Intel did that, right? thats EXACTLY what Intel did, they had money and focused on bribing dell instead of research in the netburst days

and intel is smarter than you, albeit evil
I guess I just don't jump to easy at the idea of illegal bribery from a company who is actively involved in a case against just that sort of thing. Just because Intel bribed Dell doesn't mean AMD would. I think that was the root of all of this, business practices. Neither you, nor I can say whether or not they would play the majority role legally, but given their track record, I see nothing to suggest that they would. Bleeding a tech dry is one thing, but making sure yours is the only one to be sold by one of the largest pc manufacturers is another.
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
mitx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K 4.5ghz ASRock Z77E-ITX Sapphire R9 290x Tri-X 1200/1500 Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8 GB 8-8-8-24-1T 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Pro 256gb Western Digital Velociraptor Western Digital WD15EARX Western Digital WD15EADS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Silverstone NT06-Pro Windows 10 x64 LG 29UM67 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Silverstone SG08 600W PSU Silverstone SG08B Logitech G700 Pioneer SE-A1000 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › Mobo makers say "Phenom delayed to 1Q08", AMD says "launch 2H07"