Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › BF2 Airplane help......
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BF2 Airplane help...... - Page 2

post #11 of 24
If you have the opportunity to fly the F-35b (american jet), take it. It's by far the worst jet in the game, and you will learn how to fly very quickly!

The first thing you'll learn is that the jets are horribly imbalanced. The f-35 is just flat out worse than any other plane, it has very few redeeming qualities. If you can take somebody down in the F35, you'll be able to do it with incredible ease in any other plane.

Avoid the J10 (chinese fighter) while you're learning. It's hideously overpowered (by far the best jet in the game, though a skilled pilot in the F18 can give it a run for its money), and you'll pick up bad habits if you fly with it too much. You can always tell who can really fly and who is just a J10 whore.

The most important thing is to always be checking your alternate views. You should learn how to fly in fly-by mode - this is a critical skill to learn. Once you can fly in fly-by mode, you can watch your opponent as you dogfight. You can see when he turns, and figure out how to best get yourself behind him.

Always be thinking. Don't just instinctively try to copy what the other guy does. The goal is to get behind him, not copy his actions. A lot of times the best strategy is to watch your fly-by mode, wait for him to turn off and then you turn the opposite direction and disengage... Maybe try to catch him when he goes to reload at his air field or something.

To summarize: always fly the inferior jet, don't get frustrated, always be making a turn (avoid flying straight... very dangerous!), never talk ****, and practice in single player.
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 635 MSI 770 XFX HD4770 2x2 gig ddr3 gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardCase
64gig C300 Windows XP baby Filco Majestouch 2!! (tenkeyless) CM Cosmos 1000 
MouseMouse Pad
MX518 Razer Mantis 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 635 MSI 770 XFX HD4770 2x2 gig ddr3 gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardCase
64gig C300 Windows XP baby Filco Majestouch 2!! (tenkeyless) CM Cosmos 1000 
MouseMouse Pad
MX518 Razer Mantis 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelirrojo View Post
If you have the opportunity to fly the F-35b (american jet), take it. It's by far the worst jet in the game, and you will learn how to fly very quickly!

The first thing you'll learn is that the jets are horribly imbalanced. The f-35 is just flat out worse than any other plane, it has very few redeeming qualities. If you can take somebody down in the F35, you'll be able to do it with incredible ease in any other plane.

Avoid the J10 (chinese fighter) while you're learning. It's hideously overpowered (by far the best jet in the game, though a skilled pilot in the F18 can give it a run for its money), and you'll pick up bad habits if you fly with it too much. You can always tell who can really fly and who is just a J10 whore.

The most important thing is to always be checking your alternate views. You should learn how to fly in fly-by mode - this is a critical skill to learn. Once you can fly in fly-by mode, you can watch your opponent as you dogfight. You can see when he turns, and figure out how to best get yourself behind him.

Always be thinking. Don't just instinctively try to copy what the other guy does. The goal is to get behind him, not copy his actions. A lot of times the best strategy is to watch your fly-by mode, wait for him to turn off and then you turn the opposite direction and disengage... Maybe try to catch him when he goes to reload at his air field or something.

To summarize: always fly the inferior jet, don't get frustrated, always be making a turn (avoid flying straight... very dangerous!), never talk ****, and practice in single player.
I have to disagree. The F35 has the ability to hover, thus allowing it to slow down without stalling. When in a chase...you don't want to go fast...you want to go slower than your opponent, that way they move in front of you allowing you to go in for the kill. I agree, the J-10 is so much easier, but the F35 isn't half bad.
me setup
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD X2 4600 MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum BFG 7950GT OC 256mb 2x1 gb OCZ Performance DDR400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 80 GB, Maxtor 300 Windows XP Profession SP2 Acer 19', Proview 15' LCD G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ GameXtreme 600W Thermaltake Soprano Logitech MX518 SteelPad 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
me setup
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD X2 4600 MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum BFG 7950GT OC 256mb 2x1 gb OCZ Performance DDR400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Samsung 80 GB, Maxtor 300 Windows XP Profession SP2 Acer 19', Proview 15' LCD G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ GameXtreme 600W Thermaltake Soprano Logitech MX518 SteelPad 5L 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer126 View Post
I have to disagree. The F35 has the ability to hover, thus allowing it to slow down without stalling. When in a chase...you don't want to go fast...you want to go slower than your opponent, that way they move in front of you allowing you to go in for the kill. I agree, the J-10 is so much easier, but the F35 isn't half bad.
THE JSF F-35 series is one of the best stealth jets in the world..

F-35B for Marines are amazing Maybe not in this game but in real life
Workoholic REborn
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 12GB 1x4GB+1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series WD Black ASUS DVD+RW Sunbeam Twister 120 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate LG OLED65C7P Oculus Rift Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 620 Modular Lian Li V1020B G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
Workoholic REborn
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 12GB 1x4GB+1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series WD Black ASUS DVD+RW Sunbeam Twister 120 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate LG OLED65C7P Oculus Rift Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 620 Modular Lian Li V1020B G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 24
i fly with mouse/keyboard fine......
and a bunch of amazing pilots i know do the same.... im just deece...
all it takes is practice practice practice.
then increase the sensitivity.
then practice practice practice.
always fly fast..... it makes it harder for you to be shot down. have as high of a sensitivity as you can (and still be able to fly). everyone has their own evasive manuevers
BoS Terminal
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4440 ASRock Z87E-ITX MSI OC GTX 760 4GB x 2 G.Skill RipJaw 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial 240GB SSD Gelid Silent Fans Windows 8.1 55" LED Samsung 3D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K400 Corsiar RM650 CM Elite 130 m ITX Logitech G700S 
Audio
Logitech G930 or 5.1 Home Theater Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
BoS Terminal
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4440 ASRock Z87E-ITX MSI OC GTX 760 4GB x 2 G.Skill RipJaw 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial 240GB SSD Gelid Silent Fans Windows 8.1 55" LED Samsung 3D 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K400 Corsiar RM650 CM Elite 130 m ITX Logitech G700S 
Audio
Logitech G930 or 5.1 Home Theater Surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer126 View Post
I have to disagree. The F35 has the ability to hover, thus allowing it to slow down without stalling. When in a chase...you don't want to go fast...you want to go slower than your opponent, that way they move in front of you allowing you to go in for the kill. I agree, the J-10 is so much easier, but the F35 isn't half bad.
Well, I have to respectfully tell you that you're wrong The F35 is the worst fighter jet in the game, period. Slowing down in a dogfight is generally a bad idea, though it can get you out of a tight spot now and then. People won't expect it, but as they go past you they'll generally out-turn you and then just come up behind while you're slowed down and blow you away. It's pretty much suicide, but sometimes it's all you can do. Flying the F35 is often suicide if you're up against an equal pilot. But that's how you learn.

If you're a better pilot, it's not impossible to shoot down a J10 with an F35, but you're putting yourself at a massive disadvantage.
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 635 MSI 770 XFX HD4770 2x2 gig ddr3 gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardCase
64gig C300 Windows XP baby Filco Majestouch 2!! (tenkeyless) CM Cosmos 1000 
MouseMouse Pad
MX518 Razer Mantis 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 635 MSI 770 XFX HD4770 2x2 gig ddr3 gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardCase
64gig C300 Windows XP baby Filco Majestouch 2!! (tenkeyless) CM Cosmos 1000 
MouseMouse Pad
MX518 Razer Mantis 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelirrojo View Post
Well, I have to respectfully tell you that you're wrong The F35 is the worst fighter jet in the game, period. Slowing down in a dogfight is generally a bad idea, though it can get you out of a tight spot now and then. People won't expect it, but as they go past you they'll generally out-turn you and then just come up behind while you're slowed down and blow you away. It's pretty much suicide, but sometimes it's all you can do. Flying the F35 is often suicide if you're up against an equal pilot. But that's how you learn.

If you're a better pilot, it's not impossible to shoot down a J10 with an F35, but you're putting yourself at a massive disadvantage.
Well good luck in RL to shoot down a F35... Partically because good luck seeing it. 2x the speed of sound and made of 100% anti-magnetic material almost impossible to see on radar..

BF2 should make the jets more realistic..
Workoholic REborn
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 12GB 1x4GB+1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series WD Black ASUS DVD+RW Sunbeam Twister 120 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate LG OLED65C7P Oculus Rift Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 620 Modular Lian Li V1020B G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
Workoholic REborn
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 12GB 1x4GB+1x8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series WD Black ASUS DVD+RW Sunbeam Twister 120 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Ultimate LG OLED65C7P Oculus Rift Logitech K400 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 620 Modular Lian Li V1020B G9x 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGX1016 View Post
2x the speed of sound

BF2 should make the jets more realistic..
If you were going 2x the speed of sound you wouldn't be able to stay in the tiny little BF2 map BF2 is very very arcade-y as far as flight goes, but that's okay I think.

I do think they should make the F35 better though, it's kind of ridiculous that it's probably the best RL jet and yet it's easily the worst in game.
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 635 MSI 770 XFX HD4770 2x2 gig ddr3 gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardCase
64gig C300 Windows XP baby Filco Majestouch 2!! (tenkeyless) CM Cosmos 1000 
MouseMouse Pad
MX518 Razer Mantis 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 635 MSI 770 XFX HD4770 2x2 gig ddr3 gskill 1600 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardCase
64gig C300 Windows XP baby Filco Majestouch 2!! (tenkeyless) CM Cosmos 1000 
MouseMouse Pad
MX518 Razer Mantis 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 24
I have a joystick and when I pull back it goes down! But if I invert the mouse in the game it fixes that axis but then when I turn left it goes RIGHT! And I cant figure out how to use the software. I inverted the axis but in the game it doesn't work.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500 Barton Asus 7800 GTS 2gigs xmspro 
Optical DriveOSKeyboardPower
Plextor Windows xp pro Logitech Antec Neo Power 480 
CaseMouse
Antec-Plus view Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500 Barton Asus 7800 GTS 2gigs xmspro 
Optical DriveOSKeyboardPower
Plextor Windows xp pro Logitech Antec Neo Power 480 
CaseMouse
Antec-Plus view Logitech 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2long4u View Post
I have a joystick and when I pull back it goes down! But if I invert the mouse in the game it fixes that axis but then when I turn left it goes RIGHT! And I cant figure out how to use the software. I inverted the axis but in the game it doesn't work.
Calibrate the axis, try that first also sometimes there might be a lil switch which will solve the problem, check for it.
The Only One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 ASUS 4850 4GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x320GB + 1x 750GB + 2x1TB 2 x DVD-RW drives Windows XP Pro SP3 ACER x243W 
KeyboardCaseMouseMouse Pad
Saitek Eclipse Somethign Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 Something 
  hide details  
Reply
The Only One
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 ASUS 4850 4GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x320GB + 1x 750GB + 2x1TB 2 x DVD-RW drives Windows XP Pro SP3 ACER x243W 
KeyboardCaseMouseMouse Pad
Saitek Eclipse Somethign Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 Something 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelirrojo View Post
Well, I have to respectfully tell you that you're wrong The F35 is the worst fighter jet in the game, period. Slowing down in a dogfight is generally a bad idea, though it can get you out of a tight spot now and then. People won't expect it, but as they go past you they'll generally out-turn you and then just come up behind while you're slowed down and blow you away. It's pretty much suicide, but sometimes it's all you can do. Flying the F35 is often suicide if you're up against an equal pilot. But that's how you learn.

If you're a better pilot, it's not impossible to shoot down a J10 with an F35, but you're putting yourself at a massive disadvantage.
Actually slowing down in a dogfight is a real life statagy, but due to the speed limits in BF2, it's only usable when both planes are going on after burners, and at a close-ish distance.
Rig 2.1
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k ASUS P8Z77-V LK Sapphire 7850 1GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 F3-12800CL... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Blue 1TB WD10EZEX Search Results Crucial MX100 CT256MX100SSD1 256GB ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD±R/RW Zalman CNPS10X Optima 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 23" IPS CM Storm Quick Fire Pro Brown OCZ StealthXStream 600W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec P182 Logitech MX518 Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig 2.1
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k ASUS P8Z77-V LK Sapphire 7850 1GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 F3-12800CL... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Western Digital Blue 1TB WD10EZEX Search Results Crucial MX100 CT256MX100SSD1 256GB ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD±R/RW Zalman CNPS10X Optima 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Dell 23" IPS CM Storm Quick Fire Pro Brown OCZ StealthXStream 600W 
CaseMouseAudio
Antec P182 Logitech MX518 Logitech X-530 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › BF2 Airplane help......