Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › MGS 4 Exclusivity in Question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

MGS 4 Exclusivity in Question - Page 4

post #31 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactard View Post
What the hell?

Please, try that sentence again, I have absolutely no idea what it's trying to say.
Sorry i do that sometimes.

What im saying is that people are calling PS3 owners idiots anyways so really the Ferrari analogy doesn't apply.

Quote:
Cause no one is going to have a need to buy them as much.
Sony is being more then generous enough to sell you the PS3 at that price, considering they are losing nearly half the amount they spent on making it.

And you all say the 360 is better, M$ wheres my 65nm core, wheres my wireless connection, where is my built in HD-DVD drive?
I have always been behind Sony over other gaming consoles and i still am on the PS3. But, i am loosing my stand with them and moving towards 360, even with its flaws. The PS3 is just so badly marketed by Sony i can't get behind it. I've been PC exclusive for last 2 year but i might just get an xbox 360 elite since it is black (i DESPISE white) and will be more powerful and the games on the 360 are very cool. Besides viva la bluray!! Lol.
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licht View Post
Sorry i do that sometimes.

What im saying is that people are calling PS3 owners idiots anyways so really the Ferrari analogy doesn't apply.



I have always been behind Sony over other gaming consoles and i still am on the PS3. But, i am loosing my stand with them and moving towards 360, even with its flaws. The PS3 is just so badly marketed by Sony i can't get behind it. I've been PC exclusive for last 2 year but i might just get an xbox 360 elite since it is black (i DESPISE white) and will be more powerful and the games on the 360 are very cool. Besides viva la bluray!! Lol.
People, in most cases, call PS3 owners idiots because of the high price tag. With a dropped price tag and significantly larger user base, the exclusivity of many of its titles won't be in question.


X360 Elite is a waste of cash, IMO. Rather get a normal 360 + HD DVD drive, then again what with all the issues the 360s are having now you'd better off waiting for the hardware update to the console.
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 Asus P6T Gigabyte 4870 1 GB Kingston 3 x 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 750GB LG DVD Drive Windows 7 x64 Corsair HX 520W 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 Asus P6T Gigabyte 4870 1 GB Kingston 3 x 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 750GB LG DVD Drive Windows 7 x64 Corsair HX 520W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactard View Post
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/716/716039p1.html

This is the second time you've accused me of talking out my ass. Please stop.
This was before it even came out,He didnt know that the PS3 would sell like used condoms when he said this,They are going to need to make the money back and the slow rate of sell for the PS3 is not a good thing,And i know that with the 100$ cut it has goten better but not by much.
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00GHz ATI Radeon HD 3650 512MB RAM 4GB DDR2 800MHZ One 250GB and one 320GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
DVD-RW Windows vista  17" Toshiba Toshiba 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Toshiba Touchpad None 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.00GHz ATI Radeon HD 3650 512MB RAM 4GB DDR2 800MHZ One 250GB and one 320GB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
DVD-RW Windows vista  17" Toshiba Toshiba 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Toshiba Touchpad None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny1989 View Post
This was before it even came out,He didnt know that the PS3 would sell like used condoms when he said this,They are going to need to make the money back and the slow rate of sell for the PS3 is not a good thing,And i know that with the 100$ cut it has goten better but not by much.
A 2800% buyer's gain and number one seller 1st ahead of the Wii on amazon, uh huh not much.
D-Core
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 (3.16GHz) Intel 945GCT-M ZOTAC 8800GT AMP! Edition Patriot PC6400 DDR2 (4x2)4GB RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 750GB 7200RPM CD-RW/DVD+RW Reader Windows Vista Ultimate x64 20" Widescreeen AOC 1680 x 1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Generic European Keyboard Case Stock 380W Rosewill TU-155 Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
  hide details  
Reply
D-Core
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 (3.16GHz) Intel 945GCT-M ZOTAC 8800GT AMP! Edition Patriot PC6400 DDR2 (4x2)4GB RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 750GB 7200RPM CD-RW/DVD+RW Reader Windows Vista Ultimate x64 20" Widescreeen AOC 1680 x 1050 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Generic European Keyboard Case Stock 380W Rosewill TU-155 Razer Copperhead 
Mouse Pad
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malachor View Post
A 2800% buyer's gain and number one seller 1st ahead of the Wii on amazon, uh huh not much.
1. Wii is out of stock on Amazon.
2. It has been mentioned that if, for example, the PS3 sold 10 consoles a day, it is now selling 280. An increase yes, but is that enough to make exclusivity worth it?
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 Asus P6T Gigabyte 4870 1 GB Kingston 3 x 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 750GB LG DVD Drive Windows 7 x64 Corsair HX 520W 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 Asus P6T Gigabyte 4870 1 GB Kingston 3 x 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 750GB LG DVD Drive Windows 7 x64 Corsair HX 520W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk_this_way View Post
2. It has been mentioned that if, for example, the PS3 sold 10 consoles a day, it is now selling 280. An increase yes, but is that enough to make exclusivity worth it?

Exactly. They're saying a 2800% increase in sales, but from what number?

Sounds to me like an attempt at making small numbers sound big.
Econobox
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PhenomII 940 MSI K9A2 Platinum X1950 PRO 2 X 1024 Ballistix DDR2 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Vista Home Premium SP1 19" widescreen LCD Ultra 600W Antec P180 
  hide details  
Reply
Econobox
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
PhenomII 940 MSI K9A2 Platinum X1950 PRO 2 X 1024 Ballistix DDR2 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Vista Home Premium SP1 19" widescreen LCD Ultra 600W Antec P180 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk_this_way View Post
1. Wii is out of stock on Amazon.
2. It has been mentioned that if, for example, the PS3 sold 10 consoles a day, it is now selling 280. An increase yes, but is that enough to make exclusivity worth it?
the wii is not selling on amazon because it is out of stock yet is outselling every single video game console/game/accesory....Yeah they aren't selling any....Look at the facts, teh PS3 has been selling better for 3 straight days now, it's only 3 days so all of you stop now, even though i started it , at the end of the month when the PS3 is still selling strong then all the haters can ****...
post #38 of 55
Don't just assume that thy sold 10 one day, you people are horrible, they could have just as easily sold 1,000 or 10,000 we don't know, so how can you just play it off and say maybe they just sold 10, just because it supports your argument doesn't mean it's true. Plus it was said that it was on amazons top sellers. I really think ps3 is the best value out there as far as hardware goes, they lost a lot of exclusives, so we will see in a few hours if they can hold water.
post #39 of 55
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-80 View Post
Don't just assume that thy sold 10 one day, you people are horrible, they could have just as easily sold 1,000 or 10,000 we don't know, so how can you just play it off and say maybe they just sold 10, just because it supports your argument doesn't mean it's true. Plus it was said that it was on amazons top sellers. I really think ps3 is the best value out there as far as hardware goes, they lost a lot of exclusives, so we will see in a few hours if they can hold water.
It's an assumption and its a possibilty considering its extremely low sales. Lol it was ranked 17th on consoles sales on Amazon before the price drop.
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 Asus P6T Gigabyte 4870 1 GB Kingston 3 x 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 750GB LG DVD Drive Windows 7 x64 Corsair HX 520W 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 Asus P6T Gigabyte 4870 1 GB Kingston 3 x 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 750GB LG DVD Drive Windows 7 x64 Corsair HX 520W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 55
Why do people care so much about console sales?

Japanese people are hard to understand...you never know what they're getting at. Anyway, isn't the point that this game was built from the ground-up for PS3?
Creeping Death
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 BE 3.7GHz Asus M3A78-T Visiontek HD4870 512MB 2x2GB OCZ Reaper DDR2-1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD VelociRaptor 300GB Sony DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2x Dell 2408WFP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave USB Antec Neopower 500W Modded Rocketfish Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
(none) 
  hide details  
Reply
Creeping Death
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 BE 3.7GHz Asus M3A78-T Visiontek HD4870 512MB 2x2GB OCZ Reaper DDR2-1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD VelociRaptor 300GB Sony DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2x Dell 2408WFP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave USB Antec Neopower 500W Modded Rocketfish Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
(none) 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › MGS 4 Exclusivity in Question