Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › All 11.6 million Xbox 360s are faulty
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

All 11.6 million Xbox 360s are faulty - Page 13

post #121 of 158
Yeah they are standing behine it which i think is good for them, however i do think that they really didnt want to admit about the design flaw but then when it started getting big how many were actually breaking they had to say something. They did the right thing by extending the warranty. I would be aggravated if i owned one yes, but to say people got owned is funny cuase i consider my self a ps3 fanboy yes but even i got a crap load of fun out of my roomates 360 there is no denying it is awsome and microsoft isonly making it better.
Darkness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k asus z97-ar gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming G-Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Samsung EVO 840 Windows 8 Pro 64Bit Ultrasharp 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP W2338H 23" Black Widow Ultimate Corsair HK1000W Corsair 600T SE 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2 Zowie (Pure exellence) dt880 sound blaster recon3d 
Audio
swan m10 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkness
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4690k asus z97-ar gigabyte 980 ti g1 gaming G-Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
WD Black Samsung EVO 840 Windows 8 Pro 64Bit Ultrasharp 27" 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP W2338H 23" Black Widow Ultimate Corsair HK1000W Corsair 600T SE 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Zowie EC2 Zowie (Pure exellence) dt880 sound blaster recon3d 
Audio
swan m10 
  hide details  
Reply
post #122 of 158
Mine broke within a month lol! I just shipped it off in the coffin yesterday back to Microsoft..
post #123 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
You haven't added anything of value to these 360 and PS3 related threads. You say the same thing over and over. You do nothing but bash the 360.
Looking at the past few weeks' news, it isn't that hard to bash the 360. but where do I literally bash it? I only say things that are true, or I make it pretty clear that I'm only saying what I think will happen. It's called presenting an opinion and I think it's allowed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
And then you say "in flamer's terms, you all got owned." Yeah, that's pretty much "flamer's terms" because that's all you are at this point, a useless flamer.
The point is that I don't use words like "owned" because I don't want to come across as a flamer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
This is a design flaw that Microsoft admitted to and is offering a free 3 year warranty and complete reimbursements to any and all 360 owners. Oh yeah, we're really getting owned. Microsoft stepped up and did what was right for their customers.
How many people opened up their consoles either themselves or because they had a private business do it before the warranty was extended? Simply extending the warranty doesn't mean that every broken console is guaranteed to be fixed. However, money-wise it's all that Microsoft can do and it's all that we can expect. It's also what I expected in the first place...it wasn't a "pleasant surprise' as some people put it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
Not to mention that many people seem to think that just because there is a design flaw that Microsoft wouldn't correct it. Are you kidding me? The newly repaired consoles, as well as future revisions, will include this fix.
I personally don't believe this. Am I the "you" you're referring to? Read the number in the thread title...this is all we're going off of. Remember that Microsoft has yet to be quoted (in some way) as saying that later consoles will be fixed of this design flaw, let alone give us a date for it. You know why? Because it's going to take months to have every manufacturer start making the currently non-existent improved consoles, and if we knew when that was happening, no one would buy a 360 until then.
Creeping Death
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 BE 3.7GHz Asus M3A78-T Visiontek HD4870 512MB 2x2GB OCZ Reaper DDR2-1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD VelociRaptor 300GB Sony DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2x Dell 2408WFP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave USB Antec Neopower 500W Modded Rocketfish Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
(none) 
  hide details  
Reply
Creeping Death
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 BE 3.7GHz Asus M3A78-T Visiontek HD4870 512MB 2x2GB OCZ Reaper DDR2-1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD VelociRaptor 300GB Sony DVD Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 2x Dell 2408WFP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Wave USB Antec Neopower 500W Modded Rocketfish Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
(none) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #124 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENTERPRISE View Post
Flamers + Fanboys have no place on this forum IMO. Do try and keep a conversation friendly and most importantly factual.

Any fool can shout '' Hah you guys got owned''.
so basically you are saying 99% of the people here shouldn't be here since they all are fanboy's of something that is discussed here....
post #125 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruboy View Post
Looking at the past few weeks' news, it isn't that hard to bash the 360. but where do I literally bash it? I only say things that are true, or I make it pretty clear that I'm only saying what I think will happen. It's called presenting an opinion and I think it's allowed.
Your posts usually appear to be pro-Sony. That's fine but I have seen a few negative comments about the 360 from you. You aren't the only one. You just happened to be the most recent post so I used you as an example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruboy View Post
The point is that I don't use words like "owned" because I don't want to come across as a flamer.
The point is that this time, you did say owned. You had to think your post came off as anti-Microsoft and unproductive flame bait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruboy View Post
How many people opened up their consoles either themselves or because they had a private business do it before the warranty was extended? Simply extending the warranty doesn't mean that every broken console is guaranteed to be fixed. However, money-wise it's all that Microsoft can do and it's all that we can expect. It's also what I expected in the first place...it wasn't a "pleasant surprise' as some people put it.
I never said every 360 was fixed. Now it seems that you're putting words in my mouth. Microsoft extended the warranty for launch consoles after their warranty expired. Then they extended the warranty a few months ago. Now they're doing it again. It's not like this is the first time something like this happened. Console manufacturers face hardships at every turn. The PS2 had plenty when it shipped and it overcame them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Guruboy View Post
I personally don't believe this. Am I the "you" you're referring to? Read the number in the thread title...this is all we're going off of. Remember that Microsoft has yet to be quoted (in some way) as saying that later consoles will be fixed of this design flaw, let alone give us a date for it. You know why? Because it's going to take months to have every manufacturer start making the currently non-existent improved consoles, and if we knew when that was happening, no one would buy a 360 until then.
I was talking about people in general. If you reread my post you can see that I'm responding to my own previous sentence. It's a hypothetical. Do we really need a Microsoft quote saying they will fix this design flaw? I agree that would legitimize a purported fix but I think it's safe to assume that if Microsoft admits there is a problem and that they have identified it that consoles will be receiving it. http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/13/e...-head-of-xbox/ They discussed some of this very topic. Microsoft's manufacturers can easily update the hardware. Everything is on a production line. I don't know why you think it would take so long for them to change out some parts. As for new buyers, even if they bought a 360 and it crapped out, they have a 3 year warranty and if they had to send it in, I think it's safe to assume that Microsoft would apply their fix to it or send a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldboy View Post
so basically you are saying 99% of the people here shouldn't be here since they all are fanboy's of something that is discussed here....
There's nothing wrong with being a fanboy. Everybody has their bias and their preferences. However, when you come into a thread and argue just for the sake of arguing, something should be done. Not to mention when a PS3 fan goes into a 360 thread just to say "Microsoft is evil" or when a 360 fan goes into a PS3 thread just to say "At least I have games to play."
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #126 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
I'm not "cool" with it. What I am fine with is the fact that Microsoft is still putting themselves behind the 360.

Of course 360 owners are irritated, I know I am. But my current 360 works fine so I have no reason to be pissed. Then again, this is also my 5th one.

Either way, a 3 year warranty and reimbursements are always good.
I wasn't referring specifically to you.

Your 5th one ? ....
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 Asus P6T Gigabyte 4870 1 GB Kingston 3 x 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 750GB LG DVD Drive Windows 7 x64 Corsair HX 520W 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 Asus P6T Gigabyte 4870 1 GB Kingston 3 x 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 750GB LG DVD Drive Windows 7 x64 Corsair HX 520W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #127 of 158
Don't worry, I know you didn't mean me specifically.

Let me break it down # wise.

# 1 Bought new 360 at Wal-Mart, get home, booted it up and got an E68 error. Hard drive was dead, worked fine without hard drive. Returned it for a new one.

# 2 New one came with a free game so I brought it home and it looked like it had been opened so I kept the game and brought it back and said it looked used and didn't include the game so give me a new one.

# 3 New one was fine for almost the entire 90 day retailer return time. For about 3 weeks before the time ran out, the Samsung DVD drive made a slightly louder spin up sound at boot. I just didn't feel like risking it so I returned it for a a new one.

# 4 Brought new one home, everything seems fine. Then I stare at the faceplate and realize that there's a dent. Went to Wal-Mart for the 4th time and said give me my money back, 4 is too much.

# 5 Bought a new one at Target with another free game. Everything has been fine since.
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #128 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
Don't worry, I know you didn't mean me specifically.

Let me break it down # wise.

# 1 Bought new 360 at Wal-Mart, get home, booted it up and got an E68 error. Hard drive was dead, worked fine without hard drive. Returned it for a new one.

# 2 New one came with a free game so I brought it home and it looked like it had been opened so I kept the game and brought it back and said it looked used and didn't include the game so give me a new one.

# 3 New one was fine for almost the entire 90 day retailer return time. For about 3 weeks before the time ran out, the Samsung DVD drive made a slightly louder spin up sound at boot. I just didn't feel like risking it so I returned it for a a new one.

# 4 Brought new one home, everything seems fine. Then I stare at the faceplate and realize that there's a dent. Went to Wal-Mart for the 4th time and said give me my money back, 4 is too much.

# 5 Bought a new one at Target with another free game. Everything has been fine since.
Moral of the story? Screw Wal-Mart!!!
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 Asus P6T Gigabyte 4870 1 GB Kingston 3 x 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 750GB LG DVD Drive Windows 7 x64 Corsair HX 520W 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 920 Asus P6T Gigabyte 4870 1 GB Kingston 3 x 2 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
WD 750GB LG DVD Drive Windows 7 x64 Corsair HX 520W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #129 of 158
I was going to add "Moral of the story is? Remember, it's Wal-Mart " but I decided not to.

It could have been Microsoft quality control, Wal-Mart employee's handling of stock, coincidence or any combination thereof.
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #130 of 158
I was waiting for this, finally now I can get the new improved version. I win.
The Suitcase
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe Nvidia Geforce 7950GX2 4 GB. (2x2) DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 250 GB. (2x) Win XP Pro x64 Viewsonic VX2025wm 20.1'' Wireless Windows 
PowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake 750 Watt Nzxt Lexa Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
The Suitcase
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe Nvidia Geforce 7950GX2 4 GB. (2x2) DDR2 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 250 GB. (2x) Win XP Pro x64 Viewsonic VX2025wm 20.1'' Wireless Windows 
PowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake 750 Watt Nzxt Lexa Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › All 11.6 million Xbox 360s are faulty