Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › All 11.6 million Xbox 360s are faulty
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

All 11.6 million Xbox 360s are faulty - Page 15

post #141 of 158
I don't see why some of you think 360 owners are ok with what has happened. I would say that most of us aren't happy with it in no uncertain terms. What I am ok with, and I think most are ok with, is Microsoft stepping up and supporting their product.

Read the interview with Peter Moore - http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/13/e...-head-of-xbox/

I think he has a point. This may be a design flaw but it probably wasn't something that came to light until Microsoft had over 11 million consoles in the market. Why is that so hard to fathom? The PS2 had problems when it was released and it overcame them. The PS3 couldn't meet product its production and delivery goals when it debuted because of production line problems. It overcame those as well.

This kind of stuff happens. Being Microsoft they can afford to put any amount of money behind their product and get this resolved. There are millions of consoles that work fine and have never had a problem. So this design flaw is something that is only uncovered under specific circumstances. Perhaps Microsoft was able to narrow down the actual cause.

Your analogy to a KIA doesn't hold. Once the problem has been identified and the proper fix applied, you'll be fine. Not to mention every company in the world has let things get by quality control. As I said, there are millions of consoles that work fine despite being flawed, so obviously this problem may not be some small and easily seen issue.

Bringing up Newegg? Come on now. That only shows you prefer Newegg. It doesn't have any bearing on this issue. You just return the product to them. They don't manufacture the products, they aren't involved with the warranty, they don't repair products, etc.
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #142 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
I don't see why some of you think 360 owners are ok with what has happened. I would say that most of us aren't happy with it in no uncertain terms. What I am ok with, and I think most are ok with, is Microsoft stepping up and supporting their product.

Read the interview with Peter Moore - http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/13/e...-head-of-xbox/

I think he has a point. This may be a design flaw but it probably wasn't something that came to light until Microsoft had over 11 million consoles in the market. Why is that so hard to fathom? The PS2 had problems when it was released and it overcame them. The PS3 couldn't meet product its production and delivery goals when it debuted because of production line problems. It overcame those as well.

This kind of stuff happens. Being Microsoft they can afford to put any amount of money behind their product and get this resolved. There are millions of consoles that work fine and have never had a problem. So this design flaw is something that is only uncovered under specific circumstances. Perhaps Microsoft was able to narrow down the actual cause.

OK, point proven. A few million of you are OK with paying for return shipping, waiting god knows how long for it to come back, as well as your reimbursement. I personally want the product made right, or I want to be able to have a replacement sent to me, so I am not out of commission. This being a gaming console, instead of a business server, I guess makes it less important that it be available all the time. So, I get your drift. This is yet another reason not to buy things right when they come out. *cough* Iphone...

Your analogy to a KIA doesn't hold. Once the problem has been identified and the proper fix applied, you'll be fine. Not to mention every company in the world has let things get by quality control. As I said, there are millions of consoles that work fine despite being flawed, so obviously this problem may not be some small and easily seen issue.

Ugh. Fine. I don't feel like explaining this on myself, all I will get is "Kias are great" flame'd. Obviously you didn't get the way I was trying to relate it, and I don't feel like dragging it on...

Bringing up Newegg? Come on now. That only shows you prefer Newegg. It doesn't have any bearing on this issue. You just return the product to them. They don't manufacture the products, they aren't involved with the warranty, they don't repair products, etc.
Hey, uh. Yeah. Did I say anything about returning a 360 through newegg? No. I was mearly trying to point out that Newegg has great customer service - they will pay for return shipping up front. One could only hope Microsoft would do that as well. That's all I was saying, I feel like you are just digging for some other point to argue with me...
I don't own a 360, or a PS3, nor do I have a BIAS for EITHER company.
I am merely stating I think MS should not have overlooked something as simple as a heat issue, and that since they screwed up they should cover shipping - without having the end user have to pay more out of pocket just do get their console fixed.
It's like a BMW warranty vs a kia...
BMW will do whatever necessary to remedy the situation, and kia will try every possible way to blame it on the end user... And I hate BMW.

God damn, why does everything always have to end in a fight around here?
I am sick of it. I merely state my opinion on the fact that I think MS should not have let this happen, and that they are providing bad support.
And I get burned for it. God, things like this turn me from 4-5 hour days on OCN, to not wanting to get on here at all for a week.

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
D820 2.8 300x14 = 4.2Ghz (50%OC) P5QC EVGA 8800GT 4GB (2x2) Ballistix Tracers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 West.Dig. SATA Samsung CDRW-DVDRom/HP DVD Writer(LightScribe) XP-SP3/Ubuntu-Ibex/Win7 19" Acer WS & 42" Plasma 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Micro Innovations Multimedia GS 600 Antec 900 (See Gallery!) Microsoft USB Optical 
Mouse Pad
Keyboard Tray FTW! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
D820 2.8 300x14 = 4.2Ghz (50%OC) P5QC EVGA 8800GT 4GB (2x2) Ballistix Tracers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 West.Dig. SATA Samsung CDRW-DVDRom/HP DVD Writer(LightScribe) XP-SP3/Ubuntu-Ibex/Win7 19" Acer WS & 42" Plasma 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Micro Innovations Multimedia GS 600 Antec 900 (See Gallery!) Microsoft USB Optical 
Mouse Pad
Keyboard Tray FTW! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #143 of 158
See? I disagree and you are just saying that I'm arguing. I'm not fighting. Disagreements are healthy but you seem to be taking offense just because I provided a legitimate counterpoint.

It's not just a heat issue. I think the problem is something else. Heat may be a side effect or even a causal factor but it is not the sole problem here.

I didn't say anything about 360s returning to Newegg. You completely missed my point. You are trying to say how great Newegg is and what I'm saying is that of course they are great. Because they don't manufacture the products, honor warranties, deal with repairs, etc. They can easily pay for shipping back to them if they sold you a defective product. What I'm saying is that you ignored a few reasons for what Microsoft does what they do and Newegg is able to do what they do.

I'm confident that most people who read this thread see exactly what I'm going for and it wasn't me who didn't comprehend the conversation. Just because we disagree doesn't mean we are fighting.
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #144 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
See? I disagree and you are just saying that I'm arguing. I'm not fighting. Disagreements are healthy but you seem to be taking offense just because I provided a legitimate counterpoint.

You certainly come off like you are arguing...

It's not just a heat issue. I think the problem is something else. Heat may be a side effect or even a causal factor but it is not the sole problem here.

Hasn't it been proven it has something to do with heat causing the board to flex and short out? I that that's what this was all about?

I didn't say anything about 360s returning to Newegg. You completely missed my point. You are trying to say how great Newegg is and what I'm saying is that of course they are great. Because they don't manufacture the products, honor warranties, deal with repairs, etc. They can easily pay for shipping back to them if they sold you a defective product. What I'm saying is that you ignored a few reasons for what Microsoft does what they do and Newegg is able to do what they do.

Uh... I didn't even reference newegg + warranties and newegg + manufacturing... I merely stated that they provide great customer support, and all the 360 owners should hope their support is just as good... And what did I ignore about why MS does what they do... I ignored why they failed to catch a warping motherboard

I'm confident that most people who read this thread see exactly what I'm going for and it wasn't me who didn't comprehend the conversation. Just because we disagree doesn't mean we are fighting.
I am only defending my reasoning for what I said... I am also confident people will see what I am saying, MS screwed up.
Oh, and disagreements turn to arguements when someone targets another, and picks them to pieces...
I am done... holy heck I am done with this thread.
I simply state that Newegg is a great example of customer service, and that MS screwed up royally and it took them nearly 12million products to admit it... Then I become a target.

[/Unsubscribe]


    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
D820 2.8 300x14 = 4.2Ghz (50%OC) P5QC EVGA 8800GT 4GB (2x2) Ballistix Tracers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 West.Dig. SATA Samsung CDRW-DVDRom/HP DVD Writer(LightScribe) XP-SP3/Ubuntu-Ibex/Win7 19" Acer WS & 42" Plasma 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Micro Innovations Multimedia GS 600 Antec 900 (See Gallery!) Microsoft USB Optical 
Mouse Pad
Keyboard Tray FTW! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
D820 2.8 300x14 = 4.2Ghz (50%OC) P5QC EVGA 8800GT 4GB (2x2) Ballistix Tracers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 West.Dig. SATA Samsung CDRW-DVDRom/HP DVD Writer(LightScribe) XP-SP3/Ubuntu-Ibex/Win7 19" Acer WS & 42" Plasma 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Micro Innovations Multimedia GS 600 Antec 900 (See Gallery!) Microsoft USB Optical 
Mouse Pad
Keyboard Tray FTW! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #145 of 158
Yes, heat and flexing because of the tin based lead. But we don't know if this is the exact issue that must be fixed or if there is something more going on.

If you really feel you are the target then enjoy your paranoia.

Oh noes, we disagreed. The sky is falling.
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #146 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenut View Post
Yes, heat and flexing because of the tin based lead. But we don't know if this is the exact issue that must be fixed or if there is something more going on.

If you really feel you are the target then enjoy your paranoia.

Oh noes, we disagreed. The sky is falling.

So everyone knows about the tin lead. You are saying something else is wrong? on what that might be?

I could care less about your 360s now. As long as the kids downstairs from me don't let theirs light on fire, I am good. And PS - your sarcasm is uncalled for, and not appreciated. Turn the tables - what if I picked apart your entire post, wouldn't you feel targeted too?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
D820 2.8 300x14 = 4.2Ghz (50%OC) P5QC EVGA 8800GT 4GB (2x2) Ballistix Tracers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 West.Dig. SATA Samsung CDRW-DVDRom/HP DVD Writer(LightScribe) XP-SP3/Ubuntu-Ibex/Win7 19" Acer WS & 42" Plasma 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Micro Innovations Multimedia GS 600 Antec 900 (See Gallery!) Microsoft USB Optical 
Mouse Pad
Keyboard Tray FTW! 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
D820 2.8 300x14 = 4.2Ghz (50%OC) P5QC EVGA 8800GT 4GB (2x2) Ballistix Tracers 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320 West.Dig. SATA Samsung CDRW-DVDRom/HP DVD Writer(LightScribe) XP-SP3/Ubuntu-Ibex/Win7 19" Acer WS & 42" Plasma 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Micro Innovations Multimedia GS 600 Antec 900 (See Gallery!) Microsoft USB Optical 
Mouse Pad
Keyboard Tray FTW! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #147 of 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpawl31 View Post
You are saying something else is wrong? on what that might be?
Read my posts. I said "believe" and "think" and stated that there is no conclusive evidence for anything yet. There is no proof to show because I never said anyone else was wrong. I'm pointing out the possibility for other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpawl31 View Post
And PS - your sarcasm is uncalled for, and not appreciated. Turn the tables - what if I picked apart your entire post, wouldn't you feel targeted too?
I'm sarcastic and facetious. I make no apologies for that. Of course if you are offended I would like to point out that I don't do it to intentionally upset anyone, that is merely a side effect for some people.

And no, I wouldn't feel targeted. I suppose we just feel differently about this. I replied just to show my opinion, not to make you feel like your post was worthless. That's what a forum is for, discussion. I'm sorry you felt that way.

I included plenty of smilies to lighten the situation. You should see that I wasn't serious at least. As I said, I make no apologies for my sarcasm, however, if you took it as a direct insult, I do apologize because that is not how it was meant.
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
ADHDcore
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium4 3.0 GHz Prescott MSI 865PE Neo2-P Platinum BFG 6800GT Rev2 Corsair Platinum XMS 2x512 Meg 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD SATA 80 & 200 Gig NEC 3550A & MSI Combo Drive XP Pro KDS 19" XF-9e Xtreme Flat CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Memorex Multimedia 500 watt Titanium Green X-Connect Wicked Green Scorpio 868 MS Trackball Optical 
  hide details  
Reply
post #148 of 158
oh noes. I got mine 16 months ago. :O
Lenovo
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Lenovo Nvidia 8600gt 4gb Memory 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
260gb XP 32-bit Razer Black Widow 500w 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Death Adder None 
  hide details  
Reply
Lenovo
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Lenovo Nvidia 8600gt 4gb Memory 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
260gb XP 32-bit Razer Black Widow 500w 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Death Adder None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #149 of 158
A debate is good guys. Just remember to keep it friendly and chilled.
post #150 of 158
eh this kinda pisses me off because I just got an xbox360 for my birthday like a couple months ago... sweet...
Primary PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme6 NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition G.Skill 8 x 2GB (16GB) 1600MHz Dual Channel  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor 256GB SSD  Western Digital 640gb 7200rpm 32mb Cache Corsair H50  Windows 7 64bit Professional 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 22" IPS LED  Samsung SyncMaster PX2370 22" LED Razer BlackWidow SilverStone 750 Modular 
CaseMouseAudio
CoolerMaster Cosmos Razer DeathAdder Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Primary PC
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4690K ASRock Z97 Extreme6 NVIDIA EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition G.Skill 8 x 2GB (16GB) 1600MHz Dual Channel  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Plextor 256GB SSD  Western Digital 640gb 7200rpm 32mb Cache Corsair H50  Windows 7 64bit Professional 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 22" IPS LED  Samsung SyncMaster PX2370 22" LED Razer BlackWidow SilverStone 750 Modular 
CaseMouseAudio
CoolerMaster Cosmos Razer DeathAdder Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › All 11.6 million Xbox 360s are faulty