Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › 4x512mb ddr troubles
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

4x512mb ddr troubles - Page 2

post #11 of 20
Thread Starter 
ok at 3-3-3-8 w/ 2.7v i got 1024 errors after about a minute....
post #12 of 20
Thread Starter 
is it safe to say this just wont work together?

I reset the CMOS and vista actually booted up and it says i only have a gig...
post #13 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESS_Eisenkreuz View Post
ok at 3-3-3-8 w/ 2.7v i got 1024 errors after about a minute....
OK. Remove your Corsair DIM's and try memtest86+, with your memory timeings set by SPD. If that passes, turn off your system, remove the Rosewill and replace it with the Corsair, once again by SPD, and then run memtest86+ again. If you get a lots of erros with just the Corsair DIMM's in your system than this will confirm that they're faulty. In each test also make sure that you're RAM vCore is set to AUTO, this will elimate the possibility of overvolting or undervolting your RAM.
post #14 of 20
Thread Starter 
ok ill post back in however long. You get rep for staying with me this long. I truly appreciate it.
post #15 of 20
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by t4ct1c47 View Post
OK. Remove your Corsair DIM's and try memtest86+, with your memory timeings set by SPD. If that passes, turn off your system, remove the Rosewill and replace it with the Corsair, once again by SPD, and then run memtest86+ again. If you get a lots of erros with just the Corsair DIMM's in your system than this will confirm that they're faulty. In each test also make sure that you're RAM vCore is set to AUTO, this will elimate the possibility of overvolting or undervolting your RAM.

It doesnt have an option in the dram voltage for auto just 2.5 all the way to 3.2 but it was on 2.6 when i got into bios after resetting cmos. (this is for the corsair btw)
post #16 of 20
Thread Starter 
the rosewill has one error on stock everything.
post #17 of 20
How many passes on memtest? As that is most likely the problem, Im sure the longer you leave memtest running the more that will unearth themsevles. Ditch it.
Craptop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 Q740 M Intel HM55 GT425M 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB BDROM/DVDRW 7 64bit LED Backlit 17inch 
Power
Baterry 
  hide details  
Reply
Craptop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 Q740 M Intel HM55 GT425M 6GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB BDROM/DVDRW 7 64bit LED Backlit 17inch 
Power
Baterry 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 20
Thread Starter 
it has a lifetime warruntee but they dont make ram anymore lol will they still replace it u think?
post #19 of 20
Thread Starter 
so it looks like ill be running a gig for a while. i guess ill just order the same corsair ram off of newegg in a couple of days. im really not trying to spend more money on this system with a conroe system coming next.
post #20 of 20
Cheers for the Rep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESS_Eisenkreuz View Post
It doesnt have an option in the dram voltage for auto just 2.5 all the way to 3.2 but it was on 2.6 when i got into bios after resetting cmos. (this is for the corsair btw)
If there's no AUTO option remember to set your RAM's default voltage manually if you have any issues like this in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESS_Eisenkreuz View Post
the rosewill has one error on stock everything.
In that case, it looks like one of the Rosewill DIMM's is faulty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESS_Eisenkreuz View Post
so it looks like ill be running a gig for a while. i guess ill just order the same corsair ram off of newegg in a couple of days. im really not trying to spend more money on this system with a conroe system coming next.
Try to get DIMM's that are the same speed and timings to avoid the chance of any compatibility issues.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › 4x512mb ddr troubles