Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › help me reach 490 again or 500fsb
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

help me reach 490 again or 500fsb - Page 3

post #21 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunion View Post
It's just a pencil mod, if I can do it so can you
id rather not lol, i dont have any pencils anyway
post #22 of 28
Thread Starter 
ok, heres the deal
at 485x7 1.35 corev and 2.25dimm volt at 1:1 5-5-5-12
orthos runs cpu fine, but for memory it runs a max of 3 secs before errors. what should i try now?
post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullzaflare View Post
ok, heres the deal
at 485x7 1.35 corev and 2.25dimm volt at 1:1 5-5-5-12
orthos runs cpu fine, but for memory it runs a max of 3 secs before errors. what should i try now?
Hi Skullz,

Maybe the problem is your memory. Why not try setting it at 485x6=2.91ghz (which will reduce the stress on the cpu while continuing to stress the memory) and running a couple passes of Memtest86.

If it passes, your memory's probably not the issue. If it flunks, you might try boosting the vdimm a notch and run Memtest86 again. If boosting the vdimm then makes it stable, put it back to 485x7 and try Orthos again.....

Elwood
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 ASUS P5K Deluxe SAPPHIRE 194L Radeon X1650 256MB 2 X 1GB OCZ Platanum rev. 2 PC2-8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Maxtor 200gb ATA133, Maxtor 320gb SATA300 BenQ DW1655, NEC ND-4550a, ASUS 616A2 Win XP pro 19" Dell (Trinitron) 
PowerCase
Antec True Power Trio TP3-550 Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 ASUS P5K Deluxe SAPPHIRE 194L Radeon X1650 256MB 2 X 1GB OCZ Platanum rev. 2 PC2-8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Maxtor 200gb ATA133, Maxtor 320gb SATA300 BenQ DW1655, NEC ND-4550a, ASUS 616A2 Win XP pro 19" Dell (Trinitron) 
PowerCase
Antec True Power Trio TP3-550 Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 28
Skullzaflare, test your RAM at 1000mhz first, with a 2.35v and 5-5-5-15 timings.

I've seen other people not capable of getting their OCZ RAM to 1,000mhz. So, maybe that's why you can't get any higher.

I know when I had my XM2 DDR2 800 EPPs, they never went above 450mhz (DDR2 900) no matter what timings or voltage I used.

So, test RAM first and then follow these SSs for a 500mhz on a 1:1 ratio: Asus P5BD, Multiplier adjustable for lower ratios!
post #25 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasgul View Post
Skullzaflare, test your RAM at 1000mhz first, with a 2.35v and 5-5-5-15 timings.

I've seen other people not capable of getting their OCZ RAM to 1,000mhz. So, maybe that's why you can't get any higher.

I know when I had my XM2 DDR2 800 EPPs, they never went above 450mhz (DDR2 900) no matter what timings or voltage I used.

So, test RAM first and then follow these SSs for a 500mhz on a 1:1 ratio: Asus P5BD, Multiplier adjustable for lower ratios!
if i put vdimm on 2.35 timing of 5-5-5-15 i can hit the 490x7 again, but thats the only way, but i cant get memory stable
post #26 of 28
I forgot to mention that you should try a 335fsb on a 2:3 ratio with a 2.35v 5-5-5-15-6-35-10-10-10-10.

That way your CPU will be at an overclock it can handle and the RAM will hit the 1000mhz mark. So try that way.

Like this:



Except, you try a 2.35v or 2.40v. And if it doesn't hit that or isn't stable? RAM is not capable of 500mhz.
post #27 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasgul View Post
I forgot to mention that you should try a 335fsb on a 2:3 ratio with a 2.35v 5-5-5-15-6-35-10-10-10-10.

That way your CPU will be at an overclock it can handle and the RAM will hit the 1000mhz mark. So try that way.

Like this:



Except, you try a 2.35v or 2.40v. And if it doesn't hit that or isn't stable? RAM is not capable of 500mhz.
well i know the cpu is stable at 490x7 @1.35v, its a matter of ram. orthos doesnt error on the cpu but only on ram
post #28 of 28
Thread Starter 
ok, ram is at the 2:3 ddr2-1001 5-5-5-15 2.35 orthos shows stable. other than that aim crashed on me after i brought it up
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › help me reach 490 again or 500fsb