Originally Posted by MrBungle
Why 3DMark06 Shouldn't Be Taken Too Seriously
by Mr. Bungle
1) quad cores get a huge points advantage in 3DMark, but not in any game out today.
2) the stock benchmarks runs with no anti aliasing and minimal texture filtering. the true test of a gaming system isn't how many frames per second you can get at minimum settings; but rather how high you can turn up the settings while maintaining playable frames.
3) the sea monster is an idiot. i mean come on, all it had to do was jump up from directly beneath the airship and knock it out of the sky. then it could have picked the people out of the water one at a time and enjoyed a tasty meal. instead, it goes around trying to show off, flying over the airship on its first pass. the sea monster got what it deserved.
feel free to add to my list if you want. there may be some things i missed.
1) I disagree. Quad cores gets higher points because 3dmark06 knows there a quad core and takes use of them. Some games don't / can't use quad core because they where programmed before quads came out
2) I'm 50%/50%. Futuremark only did 4x AF because it's even for all video cards that are DX9 (Geforce FX, 6, 7, 8 and Radeon X1300 +)
3) I disagree. That's not a point of "Why 3DMark06 Shouldn't Be Taken Too Seriously". If your mad about that benchmark email futuremark