Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › Project: Doppelgänger (but not evil) cube case.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Project: Doppelgänger (but not evil) cube case. - Page 5

post #41 of 134
nice work as usually man keep it up.
Coeus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 940 Msi 970a-g46 2x xfx 7970 G Skill NQ PC1333 4x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.9 160gb need Windows 10 64bit Sharp 32inch 
Power
Thermaltake 1350 
  hide details  
Reply
Coeus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 940 Msi 970a-g46 2x xfx 7970 G Skill NQ PC1333 4x2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.9 160gb need Windows 10 64bit Sharp 32inch 
Power
Thermaltake 1350 
  hide details  
Reply
post #42 of 134
Looking very good!
Home built MacPro
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual ES Clovertowns MacPro Nvidia 7300GT 4 x 2GB FB-DIMM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Which one? OS X 10.5 Dual ViewSonic VP201B Apple Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
MacPro 980W MacPro Mightmouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Home built MacPro
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Dual ES Clovertowns MacPro Nvidia 7300GT 4 x 2GB FB-DIMM 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Which one? OS X 10.5 Dual ViewSonic VP201B Apple Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
MacPro 980W MacPro Mightmouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 134
Ahh cool, thanks for the update!

Yeah and about the sig, it's so true. I couldn't imagine bringing Indigo to QuakeCon with me in 2 days
FAKE RIG 5000
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL QX9770 ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME CROSSFIRE 2 x 4870X2 8GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6 x VELOCIRAPTOR 300GB RAID10 5 x PLEXTOR PX-716AL SLOT-LOAD VISTA ULTIMATE X64 30" APPLE M9179LL/A DISPLAY 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LOGITECH G15 SILVERSTONE DA1200 LIAN LI PC-A71B LOGITECH G9 
Mouse Pad
DIAMOND PLATED STEEL 
  hide details  
Reply
FAKE RIG 5000
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
INTEL QX9770 ASUS RAMPAGE EXTREME CROSSFIRE 2 x 4870X2 8GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR DDR3-2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6 x VELOCIRAPTOR 300GB RAID10 5 x PLEXTOR PX-716AL SLOT-LOAD VISTA ULTIMATE X64 30" APPLE M9179LL/A DISPLAY 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
LOGITECH G15 SILVERSTONE DA1200 LIAN LI PC-A71B LOGITECH G9 
Mouse Pad
DIAMOND PLATED STEEL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 134
Thread Starter 
Thanks for looking and leaving comments Gent's...

This is taking longer than I had anticipated , but I do not want to rush it.

Tonight I finished cutting the aluminum rails that will function as the cages and bases for the optical drives and the HDD's. I also made the rails and feet for the PSU stand. My intention is to have two of the cages mounted so that they can be moved back and forth along a single axis.

The purpose of this is mainly directed at the PSU. The user has a top/bottom venting PSU. The PSU rails will mount independantly so that the width between the mounts can be adjusted to accomodate the fan in a "bottom venting" configuration. The optical drive cage will need to be able to slide so that the drive faceplates can be brought flush to the front of the case, or protrude slightly if desired.

I aprayed the parts, now I must wait 48 hours prior to painting them in Black. I have learned in the past that not allowing the primer to cure just causes headaches later on.

During the 48 hours I will complete the acrylic panels for the cages, and sand all the inner and outer edges to a satin finish in preparation for final flaming.

I still have to make the switches, but that should only take about an hour... if I dawdle..



P.S. Lol... Criswell and the sig... heh.. I noticed that before...

Yeah, none of the previous cases are designed for LANing, but this one is.
Flux
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K GA-P67A-UD7 GTX 580 2 x 2GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 (OS), Velociraptor (storage) Lite-On W7 64-bit Pro Samsung 275T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Black Widow Ult. Silverstone DA750 Lian Li T60 R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Q-Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Flux
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K GA-P67A-UD7 GTX 580 2 x 2GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 (OS), Velociraptor (storage) Lite-On W7 64-bit Pro Samsung 275T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Black Widow Ult. Silverstone DA750 Lian Li T60 R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Q-Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #45 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrillian View Post
This is taking longer than I had anticipated , but I do not want to rush it.
Thats what happens when you start doing *ultimate* mods And I'm sure you won't

Anyway - wheres the excuse for no pictures! You've got a day exactly before I start up a thread campaigning for them, so you better get your photo hat on (Please )

Good going
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6700 Asus P5KPL-AM mATX Palit GTS250 2 x 2GB OCZ PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 500GB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Viewsonic VA2213w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Media Keyboard Deluxe 750W Thermaltake Toughpower Antec NSW4400 Logitech MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel C2D E6700 Asus P5KPL-AM mATX Palit GTS250 2 x 2GB OCZ PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 500GB Pioneer DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Viewsonic VA2213w 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Media Keyboard Deluxe 750W Thermaltake Toughpower Antec NSW4400 Logitech MX510 
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrillian View Post
Thanks for looking and leaving comments Gent's...

This is taking longer than I had anticipated , but I do not want to rush it.

Tonight I finished cutting the aluminum rails that will function as the cages and bases for the optical drives and the HDD's. I also made the rails and feet for the PSU stand. My intention is to have two of the cages mounted so that they can be moved back and forth along a single axis.

The purpose of this is mainly directed at the PSU. The user has a top/bottom venting PSU. The PSU rails will mount independantly so that the width between the mounts can be adjusted to accomodate the fan in a "bottom venting" configuration. The optical drive cage will need to be able to slide so that the drive faceplates can be brought flush to the front of the case, or protrude slightly if desired.

I aprayed the parts, now I must wait 48 hours prior to painting them in Black. I have learned in the past that not allowing the primer to cure just causes headaches later on.

During the 48 hours I will complete the acrylic panels for the cages, and sand all the inner and outer edges to a satin finish in preparation for final flaming.

I still have to make the switches, but that should only take about an hour... if I dawdle..



P.S. Lol... Criswell and the sig... heh.. I noticed that before...

Yeah, none of the previous cases are designed for LANing, but this one is.
i know what you mean about curing primer. i have no pataints and i spray the final coat within 5 minutes of primer drying . then i tap the paint 2 hours later and the primer moves and breaks the top layer, and it pisses me off so the part ends up half an acre away after i throw it, i go after it a few hours later and start sanding it again. i stopped using primer all together
post #47 of 134
The first time I saw someone break out the torch to polish acrylic I was

Sounds like you know your way around a longchain polyester molecule...

<cough> pics? <cough cough>
Shop Dog
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 Asus Blitz Formula SE HD3870X2 G Skill 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Velociraptor 150GB LG DVD Burner Vista Ultimate 64 AOC 21.5" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend Silverstone 750 Modular OverClock Edition Lian Li V1100 Logitech Trackball 
Mouse Pad
Nope 
  hide details  
Reply
Shop Dog
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 Asus Blitz Formula SE HD3870X2 G Skill 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Velociraptor 150GB LG DVD Burner Vista Ultimate 64 AOC 21.5" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend Silverstone 750 Modular OverClock Edition Lian Li V1100 Logitech Trackball 
Mouse Pad
Nope 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 134
j/w what are the outer deminsions? any updates
post #49 of 134
Thread Starter 
Sorry Boyz... no pics just yet... but modding really did happen...

In fact I am taking a break now to check e-mails and compose responses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosser13 View Post
Thats what happens when you start doing *ultimate* mods And I'm sure you won't

Anyway - wheres the excuse for no pictures! You've got a day exactly before I start up a thread campaigning for them, so you better get your photo hat on (Please )

Good going
Heh! Yah...it is a combination of the time-consuming attention to detail, compounded by the new ideas that pop unexpectantly into my head that insist upon being heard...

"Now where is that damn photo hat?!?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullzaflare View Post
i know what you mean about curing primer. i have no pataints and i spray the final coat within 5 minutes of primer drying . then i tap the paint 2 hours later and the primer moves and breaks the top layer, and it pisses me off so the part ends up half an acre away after i throw it, i go after it a few hours later and start sanding it again. i stopped using primer all together
LMAO... "half an acre away" ...and then retrieving it to attempt a repair

Jeez! Do I know that one! Good to know that I am not the only one that gos through that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberDruid View Post
The first time I saw someone break out the torch to polish acrylic I was

Sounds like you know your way around a longchain polyester molecule...

<cough> pics? <cough cough>
Hehe...I love playing with Fire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullzaflare View Post
j/w what are the outer deminsions? any updates
Approximately 16.25" x 14.25" x 12.25" (W x D x H)

Flux
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K GA-P67A-UD7 GTX 580 2 x 2GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 (OS), Velociraptor (storage) Lite-On W7 64-bit Pro Samsung 275T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Black Widow Ult. Silverstone DA750 Lian Li T60 R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Q-Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Flux
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K GA-P67A-UD7 GTX 580 2 x 2GB Corsair 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
C300 (OS), Velociraptor (storage) Lite-On W7 64-bit Pro Samsung 275T 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Black Widow Ult. Silverstone DA750 Lian Li T60 R.A.T. 7 
Mouse Pad
Q-Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 134
Awesome stuff <- You almost never see that one.

Subscribed for sure. Keep modding

You and CD are big inspirations to aspiring modders here on OCN.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5645 Asus Rampage II Gene eVGA GTX460 SSC 3x4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Crucial C300 64GB Seagate Momentus XT 750 Western Digital GP 2TB EARS Windows 7 Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VE278Q DSI SMK-88 Seasonic X-660 Lian Li U6B 2011 SE 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G500 KAI.g3 HIEN - HARD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Case Mod Work Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Case Mods › Case Mod Work Logs › Project: Doppelgänger (but not evil) cube case.