Today saw a good bit of progress. After trying to cut the lexan with a jig saw and not doing so good, The_Synper chimed in on my thread about cutting lexan and suggested scoring. This is the way I wanted to go at first with acrylic but not seeing much about it with lexan, I decided to saw it. Scoring worked awesome! The 1/4" pieces were tough to do and one came out too short (a mistake on my measuring) but the 1/8" pieces were a total breeze.
Between last night and tonight, all 6 panels are cut and ready to be marked up for cutting out designs, mounting points and what not. I am more than likely going to redo the one 1/4" that I messed up just need to see how bad it looks once every thing is assembled.
Syrillian work log has given me an idea on how I want to redo my frame, so this weekend I will be recutting those aluminum pieces and hopefully drilling some holes so I can bolt everything together.
I know some one is going to scream pics so here is one of my test fitting the panels together with some corner clamps.
This case is going to be huge and could probably second as an end table in my new apartment if need be. I did want the case on the big side so everything would be nice and orderly inside but seeing it in person for the first time in the test fitting, makes me wonder if I should rethink the size.