Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Popping/Cracking/Stuttering with playback
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Popping/Cracking/Stuttering with playback - Page 3

post #21 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronman View Post
It could just be a bad chip on the onboard audio.

After all, Asus does have the worst onboard audio ever.
On two motherboards in a row?

He got this motherboard as his last one a Gigabyte Ga-945S3 was doing the same thing, it seems unlikely they would both have defective onboard sound.
post #22 of 34
I dont know if this has been suggested yet..but if hes been getting the same problem on 2 motherboards in a row...maybe its not the motherboard, it could be his speakers..they maybe crap quality..or popped..Also try putting the volume from the pc low and also in media player or whatever is used to play sound and manually adjust volume from the speakers. Also make sure the speaker cable is plugged all the way in.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K delidded @4.9ghz Asus Z97 Deluxe Wifi EVGA GTX 980 SC 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengence 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX200 250gb + 1tb Lg Bluray EK Supreme, TC PA120.3, D5 Vario, San Ace Windows 7 Ultimate  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
32" LG7000 1920x1080 Logitech S510 XFX 650Watt XXX Modular Edition Custom Modded 
MouseAudio
Logitech S510 Mission M74 Denon PMA 355 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
4790K delidded @4.9ghz Asus Z97 Deluxe Wifi EVGA GTX 980 SC 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengence 2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Crucial MX200 250gb + 1tb Lg Bluray EK Supreme, TC PA120.3, D5 Vario, San Ace Windows 7 Ultimate  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
32" LG7000 1920x1080 Logitech S510 XFX 650Watt XXX Modular Edition Custom Modded 
MouseAudio
Logitech S510 Mission M74 Denon PMA 355 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by waqasr View Post
I dont know if this has been suggested yet..but if hes been getting the same problem on 2 motherboards in a row...maybe its not the motherboard, it could be his speakers..they maybe crap quality..or popped..Also try putting the volume from the pc low and also in media player or whatever is used to play sound and manually adjust volume from the speakers. Also make sure the speaker cable is plugged all the way in.
It's not just the audio crackling, video will stutter and skip so it can't be a speaker issue
post #24 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penicilyn View Post
On two motherboards in a row?

He got this motherboard as his last one a Gigabyte Ga-945S3 was doing the same thing, it seems unlikely they would both have defective onboard sound.
Well, it's definitely not impossible. Onboard audio usually is a little screwy but two different motherboards does sound improbable.

Can you disable onboard audio and just run movies with no sound and see if you still get the problem? Or has that already been mentioned...
Studio Computer
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 6700k Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger Sapphire Radeon R9 290 2x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 120GB HyperX 3K SSD RAID0 CM Hyper 212 EVO Ubuntu 64 15.04/Win 7 Pro 64 30" Yamakasi Korean IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Cherry Browns XFX 750W BE Azza Solano MX518 
AudioAudio
Tascam US-1800 KRK Rokit 8 G2 + KRK KNS8400 
  hide details  
Reply
Studio Computer
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 6700k Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger Sapphire Radeon R9 290 2x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 120GB HyperX 3K SSD RAID0 CM Hyper 212 EVO Ubuntu 64 15.04/Win 7 Pro 64 30" Yamakasi Korean IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Cherry Browns XFX 750W BE Azza Solano MX518 
AudioAudio
Tascam US-1800 KRK Rokit 8 G2 + KRK KNS8400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronman View Post
Well, it's definitely not impossible. Onboard audio usually is a little screwy but two different motherboards does sound improbable.

Can you disable onboard audio and just run movies with no sound and see if you still get the problem? Or has that already been mentioned...
I'll give that a try
post #26 of 34
Thread Starter 
Bump!
post #27 of 34
Thread Starter 
Bump I know this is a beast of a problem, but still not fixed guys
post #28 of 34
Thread Starter 
Bump?

*sniffle*

I really wish this problem could be solved
post #29 of 34
It probably can't be solved because it's broken. Have you tried a different soundcard yet in that same computer?
Studio Computer
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 6700k Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger Sapphire Radeon R9 290 2x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 120GB HyperX 3K SSD RAID0 CM Hyper 212 EVO Ubuntu 64 15.04/Win 7 Pro 64 30" Yamakasi Korean IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Cherry Browns XFX 750W BE Azza Solano MX518 
AudioAudio
Tascam US-1800 KRK Rokit 8 G2 + KRK KNS8400 
  hide details  
Reply
Studio Computer
(14 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 6700k Asus ROG Maximus VIII Ranger Sapphire Radeon R9 290 2x 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR4-3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x 120GB HyperX 3K SSD RAID0 CM Hyper 212 EVO Ubuntu 64 15.04/Win 7 Pro 64 30" Yamakasi Korean IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm Cherry Browns XFX 750W BE Azza Solano MX518 
AudioAudio
Tascam US-1800 KRK Rokit 8 G2 + KRK KNS8400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronman View Post
It probably can't be solved because it's broken. Have you tried a different soundcard yet in that same computer?
I've used two different motherboards. It's onboard sound if anyone would bother to read the origional post
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › Popping/Cracking/Stuttering with playback