Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › Intel responds to EU's anti-trust statement
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Intel responds to EU's anti-trust statement - Page 2

post #11 of 27
I see nothing wrong with what Intel has done. All they are doing is trying to increase and secure market share. If AMD make a comeback Intel will need a big market share to secure its own future.

' Secondly, in a number of instances, Intel made payments in order to induce an OEM to either delay or cancel the launch of a product line incorporating an AMD-based CPU.'

I do disagree with that though. If you are forcing your competition to hold of release and are intentionally delaying progress then Intel can rot in hell.

It is one thing to gain an edge over your component, but to put them in a choke hold that is just a low blow.
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Reply
Smallville
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i5 3570k Asus Sabertooth Z77 Asus HD7950 DirectCU II Asus HD7950 DirectCU II 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
8GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 128GB Corsair Force Pro, 2 x 2TB HDD, 500GB Ext... LG Blu-Ray, DVD/CD RW drive Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit Genuine 27" Crossover 27Q S-IPS 1440p Cyborg V7 Corsair HX1000 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
NZXT Phantom White Microsoft Sidewinder X8 Wireless Steelseries QcK Sennheiser eH250 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi View Post
Take a body of students. What if the professor told them that all the grades on the next test would be averaged, and everyone would get the same grade. Who would be pleased by such a policy and who would hate it?
Nice anallogy! :-)
But we are not talking about human qualities, we are talking about the playground where individuals interact. If this playground gets into the control of the humans you discribe as strong and intelligent, you will get the same you had in irak, you had in old russia, you had in...A small part controlls a big community.

Someone whise and strong once told: Give me a stupid folk and i will govern the world. I think it was Stalin!!

Its this idea, and this fear you have to eliminate from the roots. You cant let everybody play its own game and not setting some rules how to play. It must end in chaos. People are different, they think differently, some control, some are to be controlled. So it is and so it will be. If you dont act at the beginning, you can easily loos control of everything!
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.4Ghz P5B-Deluxe XFX 8800 GTS OCZ 2 GB DDR2-800 
Hard DrivePower
Seagate 500GB + RaptorX 150GB EVO Stream 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6400 @ 3.4Ghz P5B-Deluxe XFX 8800 GTS OCZ 2 GB DDR2-800 
Hard DrivePower
Seagate 500GB + RaptorX 150GB EVO Stream 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldovi View Post
I have never read a word of Darwin. 100% capitalism cannot exist, however, a government that has nearly no intervention with business can. The governments job is to protect people from each other, not from themselves.

Take all the money in the world and divide it evenly among all people. Within 10 years, the rich will be rich again, and the poor will be poor again.

The weak, by nature, hate a competitive philosophy. Of course they would support a socialistic society where the government provides for them.

Take a body of students. What if the professor told them that all the grades on the next test would be averaged, and everyone would get the same grade. Who would be pleased by such a policy and who would hate it?
You have one of the MOST SKEWED, GENERALIZED AND BORDERLINE OFFENSIVE (because of the generalizations) opinions I've ever read regarding that subject. My personal opinion of you has dropped like a stone. /rant

What next are you going to accuse me of being weak? /sarcasm
Raptor Raper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Something with transistors FOXCONN Boodrage -> eVGA classified e760 GTX 480 / HD6850@1090/1200 3x2 gig G Skill Trident DDR2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x128GB Crucial C300 Sumsung SATA DVD-RW 64 bit Windows 7 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft curve Tagan ITZ 800W DD Torture Rack Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
Raptor Raper
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Something with transistors FOXCONN Boodrage -> eVGA classified e760 GTX 480 / HD6850@1090/1200 3x2 gig G Skill Trident DDR2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x128GB Crucial C300 Sumsung SATA DVD-RW 64 bit Windows 7 Samsung 245BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft curve Tagan ITZ 800W DD Torture Rack Diamondback 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 27
Looks like their screwed for this one. And screwed in the U.S. antitrust suit. The big deal here is the U.S. suit can cause them to be forced to completely leave the CPU market forever...
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 27
in my view crying to the EU is just another capitialistic strategy - same as those 3 tactics that Intel was accused of using to gain an advantage- its all fair in the end- Intel knows full well the world in which we live-full of bureaucracy and regualations(some needed -most not) they had to know that an antitrust suit was real possibility- in fact im sure they already set aside the funds to counter such suit- i bet its all part of some business strategy somewhere. they decided to roll the dice and Amd called them on it- now AMD is using the system to try and gain back market shares- like i said, its all fair in the end.
HP pazillion
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
opteron 165 @2.5Ghz (278x9) -- 1.375v asus a8n-e GIGABYTE HD3850 512MB 780/880 2 x 1GB OCZ Platinum DDR400 2.5-3-2-8 @228Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 80GB 7200.10's in RAID 0; 1 320GB 7200.10 memorex DVD+-DL Win7 x64 and Vista x64 samsung 906BW 19in. WS 
Power
coolerMaster 450W 
  hide details  
Reply
HP pazillion
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
opteron 165 @2.5Ghz (278x9) -- 1.375v asus a8n-e GIGABYTE HD3850 512MB 780/880 2 x 1GB OCZ Platinum DDR400 2.5-3-2-8 @228Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 80GB 7200.10's in RAID 0; 1 320GB 7200.10 memorex DVD+-DL Win7 x64 and Vista x64 samsung 906BW 19in. WS 
Power
coolerMaster 450W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins View Post
Well buddy, if AMD was crushed by Intel you'd be stuck with your prized C2D for the next decade (maybe they'd release their next CPU in the works but that;d be it)
you are WRONG...if they refused to sell any new processors and continued to sell high priced old ones, someone else would step in and sell a better processor...(people would even pay more money for it because that would be tired of INTEL)...trust me, capitalism works quite well by itself. However...to keep the boat from rocking too much the gov't should step in sometimes...very few sometimes.
My Pwny!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 920 Asus M3A79-T Deluxe 6950 2GB 8GB @ 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Perc 5/i Raid 0 w/ 2x 320GB + Raid 5 w/ 6x 750GB Windows 7 x64 Pro Antec 850W Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My Pwny!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 920 Asus M3A79-T Deluxe 6950 2GB 8GB @ 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Perc 5/i Raid 0 w/ 2x 320GB + Raid 5 w/ 6x 750GB Windows 7 x64 Pro Antec 850W Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by superon View Post
in my view crying to the EU is just another capitialistic strategy - same as those 3 tactics that Intel was accused of using to gain an advantage- its all fair in the end- Intel knows full well the world in which we live-full of bureaucracy and regualations(some needed -most not) they had to know that an antitrust suit was real possibility- in fact im sure they already set aside the funds to counter such suit- i bet its all part of some business strategy somewhere. they decided to roll the dice and Amd called them on it- now AMD is using the system to try and gain back market shares- like i said, its all fair in the end.
That is quite an interesting way of looking at it, which I never considered.

And you know the best part of it all, the lawyers are getting rich over it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruestle2 View Post
you are WRONG...if they refused to sell any new processors and continued to sell high priced old ones, someone else would step in and sell a better processor...(people would even pay more money for it because that would be tired of INTEL)...trust me, capitalism works quite well by itself. However...to keep the boat from rocking too much the gov't should step in sometimes...very few sometimes.
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 2500k ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen 3 AMD 7970 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 256GB SATA DVD Burner Windows 7 64 bit Deal U2410 
KeyboardPowerMouse
Adesso Mechanical Silverstone OP650 Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licht View Post
Looks like their screwed for this one. And screwed in the U.S. antitrust suit. The big deal here is the U.S. suit can cause them to be forced to completely leave the CPU market forever...

They would not be put out of business, because then AMD would be a TRUE monopoly...then what would we do, shut them down too? So, we just aren't going to have computers from now on because we are scared of a company having good business strategies....I think superon put it pretty well!


What IS an issue is when two companies (say AMD and Intel) get together and fix prices (raising prices together, forcing you to buy expensive products).
I am happy that Intel offers low priced processors...saves me money!
My Pwny!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 920 Asus M3A79-T Deluxe 6950 2GB 8GB @ 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Perc 5/i Raid 0 w/ 2x 320GB + Raid 5 w/ 6x 750GB Windows 7 x64 Pro Antec 850W Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My Pwny!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 920 Asus M3A79-T Deluxe 6950 2GB 8GB @ 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Perc 5/i Raid 0 w/ 2x 320GB + Raid 5 w/ 6x 750GB Windows 7 x64 Pro Antec 850W Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruestle2 View Post

They would not be put out of business, because then AMD would be a TRUE monopoly...then what would we do, shut them down too? So, we just aren't going to have computers from now on because we are scared of a company having good business strategies....I think superon put it pretty well!


What IS an issue is when two companies (say AMD and Intel) get together and fix prices (raising prices together, forcing you to buy expensive products).
I am happy that Intel offers low priced processors...saves me money! Just bought two Pentium D @ 2.8 Ghz for $88 each!
Lol you got RIPPEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819103046 You would be wise to not buy another Pentium D since AMD dropped it's prices recently making all their CPU EXTREME deals.

If you believe your Pentium D would perform better i suggest you look up benchmarks. (And look up overclocks on the Brisbane since it overl****s like a C2D! With less heat of course.)
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
Lee XT
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-6300 Asus M5A97 SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7850 AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ AMD 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ OCZ Vertex 4 256GB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H80 Windows 8.1 Pro MCE Dell P2414H WHXV7  Microsoft Generic 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Ultra 600W Limited Edition NZXT Black Steel Razer Deathadder Razer Goliath 
Audio
Realtek HD Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatethedukes View Post
You have one of the MOST SKEWED, GENERALIZED AND BORDERLINE OFFENSIVE (because of the generalizations) opinions I've ever read regarding that subject. My personal opinion of you has dropped like a stone. /rant

What next are you going to accuse me of being weak? /sarcasm
Then I assume you should hate me too.

I have to agree with paul. It's just.. It's correct...

I totally think if you give everyone in America right now x amount one day out of the year for the whole year by the end of the year the rich will be rich, the middle may move from one to the other and the poor will be poor again...

It's just how life work's.. Survival of the fittest baby. We are all animals on the inside we just have a brain that can make us think before we act. No matter what Natural selection will prevail.
Workoholic
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 G.Skill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 Series ASUS DVD+RW Windows 7 Ultimate 20.1" Samsung 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair 620 Modular Lian Li V1020B G9x 
Mouse Pad
Custom Cloth Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Workoholic
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K P8Z68-V PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 G.Skill 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 Series ASUS DVD+RW Windows 7 Ultimate 20.1" Samsung 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair 620 Modular Lian Li V1020B G9x 
Mouse Pad
Custom Cloth Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › Intel responds to EU's anti-trust statement