Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › *OFFICIAL* Team Fortress 2 Thread *56k Warning*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*OFFICIAL* Team Fortress 2 Thread *56k Warning* - Page 21

post #201 of 233
heh, I just logged off after joining a Dustbowl defense team on the last part. I found two spots, I kept going back and forth to. They was distant enough to keep the offense on their toes. Didn't get to play long, but racked up 10 kills, one death.
Rebirth
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X2 6000+ MSI K9 Platinum BFG 8800 GTX 2x Patriot Extreme 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1X 250 Sata, 1X 150 Sata 2x L/S 20X Lite-On XP Pro / Kubuntu Acer 20.1 W/S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 600 OCZ GameStream Xclio A380BK Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Thermaltake Flare Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
Rebirth
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X2 6000+ MSI K9 Platinum BFG 8800 GTX 2x Patriot Extreme 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1X 250 Sata, 1X 150 Sata 2x L/S 20X Lite-On XP Pro / Kubuntu Acer 20.1 W/S 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 600 OCZ GameStream Xclio A380BK Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Thermaltake Flare Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #202 of 233
Ok, so everyone has had enough time to really play the game now. What are some things you don't like about the game that could be fixed with some updates? Are there any blatant imbalances while playing?
post #203 of 233
I am absolutely loving the game. I'm addicted. Each class is so unique and fun to play. I love the character that the game has aswell.

When im playing, certain things annoy me at the time about the class that I've chosen, if its reload times etc but at the end of the day it is all well balanced. I just got off a game with 230+ points at the top of the leaderboard. Probably the best match I've had fun wise.

my favourite classes are the engineer (sentrys = fun!) and heavy (heavy + medic + crowd of enemies = killing spree!) I dont see the point in the scout. Even though he is fast, his weapons are pretty weak unless you are at point blank. The soldier was my most popular choice at first but the rockets are surprisingly ineffective at times, and the reload time is annoying. Demoman is great fun to play. But I tend to get withdrawal symptoms without having a gun as well as a grenade launcher. As a medic you get a great sense of wellbeing which is new to me in a game but also you get mega points if you heal the right players. Pyro is fun but surprisingly things dont seem to burn that much in the world of TF so it takes alot of fire to kill anyone. The spy is probably the most unique character and I'm still learning how to effectively disguise myself as an enemy player. I never go as sniper because the game is too fast pased and fun to just stand there trying to get headshots. Its really no fun. Snipers just annoy me when I'm on the opposite team.

I <3 valve for making this game.
Halcyon i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 Asus P6T Deluxe OC Palm Edition ATI 1GB XFX 5870 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 1TB WD1002FAEX 2 x Sony Optiarc AD-7241S Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 23" SP2309W, Daewoo 19", Samsung HDTV 32" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair CMPSU-850HXUK Antec 900 Logitech G5 v2 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries Surface QcK 
  hide details  
Reply
Halcyon i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 Asus P6T Deluxe OC Palm Edition ATI 1GB XFX 5870 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x 1TB WD1002FAEX 2 x Sony Optiarc AD-7241S Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 23" SP2309W, Daewoo 19", Samsung HDTV 32" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair CMPSU-850HXUK Antec 900 Logitech G5 v2 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries Surface QcK 
  hide details  
Reply
post #204 of 233
I'm right there with you about disliking snipers. But some snipers are good and some are bad. Their aim is not everything that should make them so.

The good ones are the ones that stay almost on the front lines because they do have a sort of fear factor. It may only be me, but I get kind of reluctant to rush in when I either see the sniper light or see them in the near distance. I usually think they aren't alone when they are on the front lines. Even if the sniper does not kill anyone, they are still the immediate backup or teammate there to mop up an injured enemy after their heavy or soldier does its damage.

The bad ones are the ones that camp in their base and are alone. It seems like every single time I play there are a couple of these snipers that just sit around and wait for kills to come across their sites. They usually only get one shot and if they miss, they are pretty much inaffective because now the enemy is close enough to take them out or find another way around to attack them indirectly. The sniper also needs to help with the objectives. This means capturing the intelligence and the control points.

But I realize it isn't my play style and people have fun playing in different ways. Just try to provide some possitive support to the front lines and that's all that can be expected.
post #205 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisforheroes View Post
I am absolutely loving the game. I'm addicted. Each class is so unique and fun to play. I love the character that the game has aswell.

When im playing, certain things annoy me at the time about the class that I've chosen, if its reload times etc but at the end of the day it is all well balanced. I just got off a game with 230+ points at the top of the leaderboard. Probably the best match I've had fun wise.

my favourite classes are the engineer (sentrys = fun!) and heavy (heavy + medic + crowd of enemies = killing spree!) I dont see the point in the scout. Even though he is fast, his weapons are pretty weak unless you are at point blank. The soldier was my most popular choice at first but the rockets are surprisingly ineffective at times, and the reload time is annoying. Demoman is great fun to play. But I tend to get withdrawal symptoms without having a gun as well as a grenade launcher. As a medic you get a great sense of wellbeing which is new to me in a game but also you get mega points if you heal the right players. Pyro is fun but surprisingly things dont seem to burn that much in the world of TF so it takes alot of fire to kill anyone. The spy is probably the most unique character and I'm still learning how to effectively disguise myself as an enemy player. I never go as sniper because the game is too fast pased and fun to just stand there trying to get headshots. Its really no fun. Snipers just annoy me when I'm on the opposite team.

I <3 valve for making this game.
A well protected, well played sniper can wreak havoc in certain maps. On Fort2 I had 32 kills and 16 head shots in one round (life) and I was literally picking everything off. It helps when u have a good team that spy checks though...
Beast Mode
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770k @ 4.4Ghz Asrock z87 Extreme4 Sapphire R9 290x Sapphire R9 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
16GB Crucial  Toshiba Q Series 512GB SSD 2x 3TB Storage Win7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Catleap 1440p NZXT HALE 1200W Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast Mode
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770k @ 4.4Ghz Asrock z87 Extreme4 Sapphire R9 290x Sapphire R9 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
16GB Crucial  Toshiba Q Series 512GB SSD 2x 3TB Storage Win7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Catleap 1440p NZXT HALE 1200W Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #206 of 233
I was reading in the new Games for Windows Magazine, that Valve plans on releasing more maps really soon, and they will be adding more voice for the characters, they will also be releasing a new Medic achievement pack soon so it will add some more achievements to the game, thats according to an email from one of Valve's developers that someone from the Steam fourm sent.

ail from Erik Johnson <erik@valvesoftware.com>:
Quote:
Thanks for the mail Thomas.

We're planning on adding achievements to all of our games you touched on in your mail. We're just now coming out of the post-shipping haze, so these should start showing up on Steam pretty quick here.

We're also planning on adding a bunch more to TF2, starting with an achievement pack for the Medic in the next week or so.

Erik
Original email from me:
Quote:
I sent an email earlier asking if Valve was going to do more about achievements on Steam and the answer was yes.
Does Valve wish to tell a few things about it, or is it top secret?

Rumors on the forum claims the old Valve Source games also will get achievements (Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Day of Defeat: Source and Counter-Strike: Source.) Is this true or is it, as mentioned, simply just rumors?

Does Valve have plans for letting other developers getting achievements for their games on Steam? Cross platform games like Clive Barker's Jericho, for instance, already have achievements implemented in the game, since it's also available for Xbox 360. Will there be any easy way for developers to "activate" their achievements on Steam, or do they have to write specific code for their PC Steam version?

Last, does Valve have plans to put points to the achivements, make a unified achievement score (much like GamerScore on Xbox Live) and rankings/ladders?


Hope you'll take your time to answer. A lot of people are curious about the achievement implementation on Steam.

I can't wait for this, I have all the achievements in Team Fortress 2 accept the friend achievement, still need to get that
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Q6600 DFI LP DK X48-T2RSB Plus eVGA GTX 260 Core 216 4GB G. Skill F2-8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB WD (OS) 1TB WD (Storage) Samsung 18x Sata Dvd Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 21.5 1920/1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 FSP 700W Epsilon Quad Sli NZXT Whisper Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
X-Trac Pads 
  hide details  
Reply
Main Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Q6600 DFI LP DK X48-T2RSB Plus eVGA GTX 260 Core 216 4GB G. Skill F2-8000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
750GB WD (OS) 1TB WD (Storage) Samsung 18x Sata Dvd Burner Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Dell 21.5 1920/1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 FSP 700W Epsilon Quad Sli NZXT Whisper Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
X-Trac Pads 
  hide details  
Reply
post #207 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckbandit35 View Post
I was reading in the new Games for Windows Magazine, that Valve plans on releasing more maps really soon, and they will be adding more voice for the characters, they will also be releasing a new Medic achievement pack soon so it will add some more achievements to the game, thats according to an email from one of Valve's developers that someone from the Steam fourm sent.

ail from Erik Johnson <erik@valvesoftware.com>:
Quote:
Thanks for the mail Thomas.

We're planning on adding achievements to all of our games you touched on in your mail. We're just now coming out of the post-shipping haze, so these should start showing up on Steam pretty quick here.

We're also planning on adding a bunch more to TF2, starting with an achievement pack for the Medic in the next week or so.

Erik
Original email from me:
Quote:
I sent an email earlier asking if Valve was going to do more about achievements on Steam and the answer was yes.
Does Valve wish to tell a few things about it, or is it top secret?

Rumors on the forum claims the old Valve Source games also will get achievements (Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Episode 1, Day of Defeat: Source and Counter-Strike: Source.) Is this true or is it, as mentioned, simply just rumors?

Does Valve have plans for letting other developers getting achievements for their games on Steam? Cross platform games like Clive Barker's Jericho, for instance, already have achievements implemented in the game, since it's also available for Xbox 360. Will there be any easy way for developers to "activate" their achievements on Steam, or do they have to write specific code for their PC Steam version?

Last, does Valve have plans to put points to the achivements, make a unified achievement score (much like GamerScore on Xbox Live) and rankings/ladders?


Hope you'll take your time to answer. A lot of people are curious about the achievement implementation on Steam.

I can't wait for this, I have all the achievements in Team Fortress 2 accept the friend achievement, still need to get that
Yah that friend achievement is a pain. I'm not even going bother with it...
Beast Mode
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770k @ 4.4Ghz Asrock z87 Extreme4 Sapphire R9 290x Sapphire R9 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
16GB Crucial  Toshiba Q Series 512GB SSD 2x 3TB Storage Win7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Catleap 1440p NZXT HALE 1200W Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
Beast Mode
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770k @ 4.4Ghz Asrock z87 Extreme4 Sapphire R9 290x Sapphire R9 290x 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOS
16GB Crucial  Toshiba Q Series 512GB SSD 2x 3TB Storage Win7 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Catleap 1440p NZXT HALE 1200W Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #208 of 233
I'd love to find out what the Medic achievements are because that's my main class whenever I play. Hopefully they are not just healing people for a while, but more so spreading out healing or defending the control point or something.

Anyone else get criticals like a mofo with the tranquilizer gun? I find it to be a better weapon that the Scout spreadshot in most cases.
post #209 of 233
Any idea as to when the new goldrush map will be released? Any particular date?
Green Transporter
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD X6 1090T (@ 3.64GHz) Asus 890 GX EVGA GTX 285 Corsair 4 GB DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 500 WD 500 WD 250 Segate 80 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SDD LG BLU RAY DRIVE Windows 7 64-bit LG 23'' LED 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750W CM 690 Logitech  
  hide details  
Reply
Green Transporter
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD X6 1090T (@ 3.64GHz) Asus 890 GX EVGA GTX 285 Corsair 4 GB DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
WD 500 WD 500 WD 250 Segate 80 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung SDD LG BLU RAY DRIVE Windows 7 64-bit LG 23'' LED 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750W CM 690 Logitech  
  hide details  
Reply
post #210 of 233
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryBird View Post
Any idea as to when the new goldrush map will be released? Any particular date?
nope, not yet
    
CPUGraphicsOS
Intel Core i7 Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m Win7 64bits 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsOS
Intel Core i7 Nvidia GeForce GTX 460m Win7 64bits 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › *OFFICIAL* Team Fortress 2 Thread *56k Warning*