Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › [Official] The Ballistix Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The Ballistix Club - Page 77

Poll Results: Would you rate Crucial Ballistix as the best Price > Performance Memory available?

 
  • 69% (261)
    Yes - Easily the best.
  • 30% (116)
    No - There is better.
377 Total Votes  
post #761 of 1096
whats going on with this CB Club thing?

had my CB for a bit now and they work, this is my first set of ddr2 ever, so i dunno how to compare fast from CB's to another brand of ddr2's.

so is there still a CB club or wha?

thanx.
Sys.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
P4 630 3.75@1000 P5N32-E SLI NX6600 LE 256 G.Skill 8500 4GB (4-4-4-12 2t 23trc) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Maxtor 6Y160M0 LG Super Multi 16x DVD+RW GSA-4167B XP sp3/9.04 64 bit 17" Samsung SyncMaster 710N 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
WMK Pc Power & Cooling 750 Watt A900 WOM 2.0 
Mouse Pad
13"x15" Allsop 
  hide details  
Reply
Sys.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
P4 630 3.75@1000 P5N32-E SLI NX6600 LE 256 G.Skill 8500 4GB (4-4-4-12 2t 23trc) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Maxtor 6Y160M0 LG Super Multi 16x DVD+RW GSA-4167B XP sp3/9.04 64 bit 17" Samsung SyncMaster 710N 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
WMK Pc Power & Cooling 750 Watt A900 WOM 2.0 
Mouse Pad
13"x15" Allsop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #762 of 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18 is # 1 View Post
I'll be joining as soon as my 2x2GB 6400 Crucial Ballistix get here!

Brand Crucial
Series Ballistix
Model BL2KIT25664AA804
Type 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM
Tech Spec
Capacity 4GB(2 x 2GB)
Speed DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
Cas Latency 4
Timing 4-4-4-12
Voltage 2.2V
Heat Spreader Yes


http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148183
I just bought and installed a pair of these yesterday!

Does anyone have any overclocking results for the 2x2 kits?? All i have seen is 2x1 overclock results.

thx
post #763 of 1096
quick question for you experienced guys with the ballistics. I just got my rma back and i asked for the dual sided ram and i did in fact receive them. I was expecting the heatsinks with the clips but they are the same as the single sided ones taped on. so are they the the same ? not sure if they just changed the heatspeaders all together or what.

I have one more question with regard to the voltage they get. In windows i use the cpuz hardware monitorHWmonitor 0.96 or something. i assume this reads everything correct and you guys agree that the cpuz program gets the cpu voltage at least right, correct. What should the ram be set to. If i set my mobo to +5 v it will say 2.19-2.14 under load if i set it to +6 v it will be 2.25-2.2v is the extra .5 volt bad or its fine.

I dont think i burnt up the last set i think they were just defective or just crappy single sidedones, but since im asking questions figured id cover them all
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 GA-P35-DS3L ATi 3870 512MB 2x2GB PC6400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb WD 640 GB Samsung Blu-ray R/W Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2253BW DELL CORSAIR VX550 CM690 
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 GA-P35-DS3L ATi 3870 512MB 2x2GB PC6400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb WD 640 GB Samsung Blu-ray R/W Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2253BW DELL CORSAIR VX550 CM690 
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #764 of 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinbonz View Post
quick question for you experienced guys with the ballistics. I just got my rma back and i asked for the dual sided ram and i did in fact receive them. I was expecting the heatsinks with the clips but they are the same as the single sided ones taped on. so are they the the same ? not sure if they just changed the heatspeaders all together or what.
How do you know they are not one sided? I'll admit I am thinking the same thing. The pair I just bought do not have the clip yet I can see ram chips on both sides.
post #765 of 1096
I know they are one sided fromlooking at them. They have chips on both sides. Somewhere maybe in this thread there were pictures and it said the difference besides them was dual sided had clips on the spreaders and obviously chips on bith sides

Anyone can help with the voltage question i had . Right now running stock core speed and voltage with my ram set to +.5 it shows as 2.19 and when it is running orthos it will drop as low as 2.1 if i up it to .6 then it will run closer to 2.5v
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 GA-P35-DS3L ATi 3870 512MB 2x2GB PC6400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb WD 640 GB Samsung Blu-ray R/W Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2253BW DELL CORSAIR VX550 CM690 
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8500 GA-P35-DS3L ATi 3870 512MB 2x2GB PC6400 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb WD 640 GB Samsung Blu-ray R/W Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 2253BW DELL CORSAIR VX550 CM690 
Mouse
Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #766 of 1096
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny9794 View Post
whats going on with this CB Club thing?

had my CB for a bit now and they work, this is my first set of ddr2 ever, so i dunno how to compare fast from CB's to another brand of ddr2's.

so is there still a CB club or wha?

thanx.
Its taking too much time to do lists and keep them up to date and what not, so the CB club is now just this thread which you can use to post your ram details and discuss problems etc....

Just a help thread basically.
TJ07 Type R Build
(78 photos)
  
Reply
TJ07 Type R Build
(78 photos)
  
Reply
post #767 of 1096
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinbonz View Post
I know they are one sided fromlooking at them. They have chips on both sides. Somewhere maybe in this thread there were pictures and it said the difference besides them was dual sided had clips on the spreaders and obviously chips on bith sides

Anyone can help with the voltage question i had . Right now running stock core speed and voltage with my ram set to +.5 it shows as 2.19 and when it is running orthos it will drop as low as 2.1 if i up it to .6 then it will run closer to 2.5v
You want to try and get your ram to be running near 2.2v.
TJ07 Type R Build
(78 photos)
  
Reply
TJ07 Type R Build
(78 photos)
  
Reply
post #768 of 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud387 View Post
I just bought and installed a pair of these yesterday!

Does anyone have any overclocking results for the 2x2 kits?? All i have seen is 2x1 overclock results.

thx
The 2x2 ballistix kits are a new product and there has not been much time to test them.

The listed voltage for these are 2.2 volts.
Cool Blue
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 EO @ 4.25 GHz Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.1 9600 GSO(I'm a Folder not a Gamer) 2x2GB GSkill Pi 9600 5-5-5-15 1212 MHz 2.1v PL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
WD 500GB 7200 SATA 3 PIONEER DVD-RW 115DBK 20X Samsung SyncMaster 22in. Corsair 550VX 80PLUS 
Case
Antec 900 (4)12cm (1)20cm 
  hide details  
Reply
Cool Blue
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 EO @ 4.25 GHz Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Rev 1.1 9600 GSO(I'm a Folder not a Gamer) 2x2GB GSkill Pi 9600 5-5-5-15 1212 MHz 2.1v PL8 
Hard DriveOptical DriveMonitorPower
WD 500GB 7200 SATA 3 PIONEER DVD-RW 115DBK 20X Samsung SyncMaster 22in. Corsair 550VX 80PLUS 
Case
Antec 900 (4)12cm (1)20cm 
  hide details  
Reply
post #769 of 1096
Thread Starter 
Has anyone had a mess about with the new kits?

I intend to get myself two kits in a couple of months for 8GB
TJ07 Type R Build
(78 photos)
  
Reply
TJ07 Type R Build
(78 photos)
  
Reply
post #770 of 1096
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rocker View Post
Has anyone had a mess about with the new kits?

I intend to get myself two kits in a couple of months for 8GB
I won't have a chance to mess around with them till early April

So busy that I can't even take a day to do overclocking
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › [Official] The Ballistix Club