Lighting and wiring.
. Not Blue
â€¦. Lots of Red
â€¦. "Sanguine Addiction"
Interesting word, â€œsanguineâ€, for most contextual purposes it means â€œhopefulâ€, or â€œoptimisticâ€â€¦. as an interesting side note it also means â€œBloodyâ€¦. this has bearing here....
The case is essentially done. I need only to cut the holes for the fan grills in the HDD window panel, and then mount both window panels. I also intend to do a minor hardware mod to enhance the performance of Vista itself, but I may wait a week or so before I attempt it.
As I sit and contemplate the process and results of this mod I realize that I have learned two certainties in my life.
1)I detest painting.
2)A removable loop is much easier to bleed than a fixed loop.
I am also uncertain as to the name, but I will ask advice on that subject in the final.
I already complained about the burring that was present in the stock case. Even after finishing the edges I still felt that they were too sharp and angular. Especially the ones that are visible through the window panels. I used some automotive door trim to ease the edges.
The array of cold cathode lighting:
I removed the covers on the inverters and painted the bases black. Since there is an abundance of visual area in the case I decided to fill it with the electronic bits and pieces of the build.
Here are the 80mm exhaust fans and the mounting hardware.
The final window panel is located in the PSU area of the case. It is small, and will house the Zalman 6-fan controller. The Zalman was also stripped of all its stock mounting hardware. Here is a series of shots showing the fitment, the window, and the fan controller mounted in it, and finally mounted in the case.
The Raptor nests:
One eyesore was the PCI-E power cables for the VGA card. Although having the dual connections running off of one line is very handy, it leaves a lot of bare wire that is difficult to control and made to look pretty â€“ a veritable Taming of the Shrew
The tamed shrew:
And some more shots:
Wellâ€¦ that is about it for the build log. I will have one more post for the window panels. Additionally I am considering making an acrylic housing for the dual radiator. The matte finish looks nice, but is mildly incongruous.
Then it is the final wax, polish and buff for a little photo-shoot.
Thanks for looking.