Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread - Page 206

post #2051 of 4644
Is anyone running near 500fsb 24 x 7? If so let me know your voltages, thanks.



post #2052 of 4644
Hey guys new here. Got a question. I finally got my new rig built(see sig) but the other day I hit the sleep button on my keyboard and left. Came back the next day and when I turned it back on everything turned on but I wasnt getting a signal to the monitor. I cleared the cmos removed the battery and everything. The closest I got to a boot was I finally got the monitor to come on. But it went to a screen that said somthing about a boot log and then it restarted. Did that twice. Any thoughts. Could of sworn I had seen another guy in here with the same problem but cant find the posts. Thanks.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Gygabite GA-P35-DS3L eVGA 8800 gt oc 2Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate Barracuda 250gb Samsung DVD-RW Vista Home Prem. 64bit CM Real Power Pro 650 
Case
CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Gygabite GA-P35-DS3L eVGA 8800 gt oc 2Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate Barracuda 250gb Samsung DVD-RW Vista Home Prem. 64bit CM Real Power Pro 650 
Case
CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2053 of 4644
I've been poking around the internetz and haven't found this answer. Which RAM slots should I use for my 2x2GB G.Skill sticks? Thanks for any help.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 Gigabyte P35-DS3L GeForce 8400GS G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) DDR2 DDR2 800 (NewEgg <$100) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200.11 Asus DRW-2014L1T DVDR/RW w/ LightScribe Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" RocketFish 700w (Best Buy brand) 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
q6600 Gigabyte P35-DS3L GeForce 8400GS G.SKILL 4GB(2 x 2GB) DDR2 DDR2 800 (NewEgg <$100) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate Barracuda 320GB 7200.11 Asus DRW-2014L1T DVDR/RW w/ LightScribe Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex" RocketFish 700w (Best Buy brand) 
Case
Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2054 of 4644
Match the colors on your MB for dual channel ram sets. Yellows for one pair and if you add another pair install them in the red slots.
post #2055 of 4644
I don´t know how and why, but my cpu now runs above 3,2ghz. Can anyone explain, till yesterday it was impossible that my sys runs above 3,2 ghz and now i can change it to 3,6ghz and more. bios is f7.
My Sys
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3,6 Ghz Ga p35 Ds3l Xpertvision 9600gt @725/1800/1000 Gskill 6400 2gb 
OSMonitor
Winxp Sp2 Samsung Synchmaster 226BW 
  hide details  
Reply
My Sys
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 @ 3,6 Ghz Ga p35 Ds3l Xpertvision 9600gt @725/1800/1000 Gskill 6400 2gb 
OSMonitor
Winxp Sp2 Samsung Synchmaster 226BW 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2056 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlogan View Post
I don´t know how and why, but my cpu now runs above 3,2ghz. Can anyone explain, till yesterday it was impossible that my sys runs above 3,2 ghz and now i can change it to 3,6ghz and more. bios is f7.
no clue
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2 400x8 GIGABYTE GA-P43T-ES3G HIS 5850 4gb Crucial 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB WD Carviar Black Win 7 Ultimate Acer 23" x233h XFX 750w 
Case
CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2 400x8 GIGABYTE GA-P43T-ES3G HIS 5850 4gb Crucial 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB WD Carviar Black Win 7 Ultimate Acer 23" x233h XFX 750w 
Case
CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2057 of 4644
Hey everyone! I've recently had trouble overclocking my board and could use some help.

I've been overclocking the DS3L with my Q6600 for a while now. My farthest overclock is 380x9 (3.42Ghz) stable. When I tried to go to 390x9 (3.51Ghz), I had to bump the FSB and NB voltages to +.2v and noticed some increase in stability. When I OC'd to 380x9 it only needed +.1v to FSB and NB.

I sort of have 390x9 stable, but when I am running Prime 95 the Q6600 lowers the multiplier down to 6 instead of 9 so I'm at 390x9 for the two hotter cores. It jumps from x6 and x9 multipliers. It'll be at 3.51Ghz then drop to ~2.4Ghz then go back to 3.51Ghz, repeat. I can't really stress test it when the processor fluctuates so drastically.

The settings I had it at when the multiplier fluctuated was the most stable so far, but I can't say for sure since in the middle of Prime it dips down in the multiplier. I'm not able to stress the cores at 3.51Ghz for stability due to the speed dropping down so much. It passed 10 minutes of Prime 95 with the speed changes compared to 6 minutes without the speed changing a voltage notch lower. A notch lower, it didn't drop in speed but ended up rebooting/locking up

Temps at 380x9 are 62/57/57/61 at 1.3875v (Stable.)
Temps at 390x9 are 67/66/61/61 at 1.4375v (Unable to fully stress test.)

I have DDR2-6400 (800Mhz) RAM at 5-5-5-18 for OCing purposes. I'll tighten timings after I get it stable. RAM is on 2x multiplier for 780Mhz.

The processor goes down to x6 multiplier when the two hottest cores are at ~67C. I haven't seen them at 68C on Core Temp or HWmonitor. Is it because of Thermal Monitor (The one that lowers speed+voltages when it gets too hot in BIOs)? I have C1E and Speed Step disabled.

I know it's a little hot, but I'm just OCing to have a record of what settings/voltages I need to reach what speed as I wish to hit 3.6Ghz. Might upgrade to Ultra-120 Extreme for CPU heatsink if heat is the problem. Right now I'm using a ASUS Arctic Square.

Can anyone help? Please let me know if I need to post more information or screen shots.
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2058 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpg2 View Post
Hey everyone! I've recently had trouble overclocking my board and could use some help.

I've been overclocking the DS3L with my Q6600 for a while now. My farthest overclock is 380x9 (3.42Ghz) stable. When I tried to go to 390x9 (3.51Ghz), I had to bump the FSB and NB voltages to +.2v and noticed some increase in stability. When I OC'd to 380x9 it only needed +.1v to FSB and NB.

I sort of have 390x9 stable, but when I am running Prime 95 the Q6600 lowers the multiplier down to 6 instead of 9 so I'm at 390x9 for the two hotter cores. It jumps from x6 and x9 multipliers. It'll be at 3.51Ghz then drop to ~2.4Ghz then go back to 3.51Ghz, repeat. I can't really stress test it when the processor fluctuates so drastically.

The settings I had it at when the multiplier fluctuated was the most stable so far, but I can't say for sure since in the middle of Prime it dips down in the multiplier. I'm not able to stress the cores at 3.51Ghz for stability due to the speed dropping down so much. It passed 10 minutes of Prime 95 with the speed changes compared to 6 minutes without the speed changing a voltage notch lower. A notch lower, it didn't drop in speed but ended up rebooting/locking up

Temps at 380x9 are 62/57/57/61 at 1.3875v (Stable.)
Temps at 390x9 are 67/66/61/61 at 1.4375v (Unable to fully stress test.)

I have DDR2-6400 (800Mhz) RAM at 5-5-5-18 for OCing purposes. I'll tighten timings after I get it stable. RAM is on 2x multiplier for 780Mhz.

The processor goes down to x6 multiplier when the two hottest cores are at ~67C. I haven't seen them at 68C on Core Temp or HWmonitor. Is it because of Thermal Monitor (The one that lowers speed+voltages when it gets too hot in BIOs)? I have C1E and Speed Step disabled.

I know it's a little hot, but I'm just OCing to have a record of what settings/voltages I need to reach what speed as I wish to hit 3.6Ghz. Might upgrade to Ultra-120 Extreme for CPU heatsink if heat is the problem. Right now I'm using a ASUS Arctic Square.

Can anyone help? Please let me know if I need to post more information or screen shots.
u can try disabling thermal monitoring but ur temps are way to high anyway, try lapping your heatsink and/or buy a really strong fan
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2 400x8 GIGABYTE GA-P43T-ES3G HIS 5850 4gb Crucial 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB WD Carviar Black Win 7 Ultimate Acer 23" x233h XFX 750w 
Case
CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2 400x8 GIGABYTE GA-P43T-ES3G HIS 5850 4gb Crucial 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB WD Carviar Black Win 7 Ultimate Acer 23" x233h XFX 750w 
Case
CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2059 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by crackzattic View Post
u can try disabling thermal monitoring but ur temps are way to high anyway, try lapping your heatsink and/or buy a really strong fan
I replaced the standard 120mm exhaust fan on the Centurion 5 with a Scythe 110CFM Slip Stream fan. I also added another one of those to the front three drive bays although the air filter and bezel mesh kind of hinder the air flow for the fan in the drive bays.

The Arctic Square is already lapped, well sort of. It was my first time lapping something and it kept skidding across the sand paper. That and I always lost count of how many times I slid it across the sand paper (lazy ). CPU is almost flat as well. Well it has most of the nickel plating off. There are small circles of nickel still left the size of a smiley face icon close to each corner.

I'll probably upgrade to Ultra-120 Extreme since temps at 3.4Ghz are already 62~ for the hottest core.

So the problem is heat, am I right?

Thanks for the help crackzattic!
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2060 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpg2 View Post
I replaced the standard 120mm exhaust fan on the Centurion 5 with a Scythe 110CFM Slip Stream fan. I also added another one of those to the front three drive bays although the air filter and bezel mesh kind of hinder the air flow for the fan in the drive bays.

The Arctic Square is already lapped, well sort of. It was my first time lapping something and it kept skidding across the sand paper. That and I always lost count of how many times I slid it across the sand paper (lazy ). CPU is almost flat as well. Well it has most of the nickel plating off. There are small circles of nickel still left the size of a smiley face icon close to each corner.

I'll probably upgrade to Ultra-120 Extreme since temps at 3.4Ghz are already 62~ for the hottest core.

So the problem is heat, am I right?

Thanks for the help crackzattic!
man if u lapped it even a little bit it should have helped and with that much intake in your case it should be fine. i have my Vcore up to 1.4875 and my hottest core is 62 with my Tuniq tower. i really dont know why your temps are so high but ya u dont want to get up past 62 then it starts getting to hot. your Vcore must be really low what is it? u can see it in CoreTemp
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2 400x8 GIGABYTE GA-P43T-ES3G HIS 5850 4gb Crucial 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB WD Carviar Black Win 7 Ultimate Acer 23" x233h XFX 750w 
Case
CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.2 400x8 GIGABYTE GA-P43T-ES3G HIS 5850 4gb Crucial 1333mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB WD Carviar Black Win 7 Ultimate Acer 23" x233h XFX 750w 
Case
CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread