Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread - Page 247

post #2461 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugan23 View Post
has anybodies ds3l maxed out at 450fsb?
According to the list in the first post, only 3 people have exceeded 450 fsb.

SgtSpike - FSB=535 x 7 = 3745
Benny99 - FSB=463 x 8 = 3704
darcness - FSB=455 x 7 = 3185

I am at 415 x 7.5 = 3113, but haven't really pushed it yet.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K $229 4.221 GHz (42x100.5=4.221GHz) MSI Z77 MPOWER $144 Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 PCS+ MYST 2GB $240 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-In... Sony NEC DVD-RW Corsair H100 Push Pull $90 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6" ASUS VH236H Monitor Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Modular PSU ANTEC 1200 
Mouse
Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K $229 4.221 GHz (42x100.5=4.221GHz) MSI Z77 MPOWER $144 Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 PCS+ MYST 2GB $240 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-In... Sony NEC DVD-RW Corsair H100 Push Pull $90 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6" ASUS VH236H Monitor Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Modular PSU ANTEC 1200 
Mouse
Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2462 of 4644
i was wondering because i have a 7x multi so the board maxed out before my proc. 445 is stable 450 i can run super pi and thats it, thats how i know its the board, so is there some mods for these boards for a higher voltage to the chipsets that might get me 490fsb? (i know i have no ds3l but i think that they are very similar so maybe i can get lucky).
sword cutlass
(13 items)
 
  
CPURAMHard DriveOS
q6600  2gb ddr2 crutial Balistix  1x hitachi 500gb ubuntu 12.04 
MonitorKeyboardPower
22inch acer Microsoft 3000 v2 antec 500watts 
  hide details  
Reply
sword cutlass
(13 items)
 
  
CPURAMHard DriveOS
q6600  2gb ddr2 crutial Balistix  1x hitachi 500gb ubuntu 12.04 
MonitorKeyboardPower
22inch acer Microsoft 3000 v2 antec 500watts 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2463 of 4644
Quote:
Also, do any of you know if the difference BIOS revisions have difference BIOS options?
Im using the F6 BIOS but from what ive read the new revisions have .5 multi's so you could have say 8.5 multi ect... i dont know if they have any other different settings becuase i havn't tried them.
Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.5GHz Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 4GB G.Skill DDR2 PC2-6400 HK 4-4-3-5 @ 940MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD6401AALS 640GB Black + Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit Samsung SM2253BW 22" 1680x1050 Microsoft Digital Media 3000 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX750 CoolerMaster 690 NVIDIA Edition Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.5GHz Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 4GB G.Skill DDR2 PC2-6400 HK 4-4-3-5 @ 940MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD6401AALS 640GB Black + Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit Samsung SM2253BW 22" 1680x1050 Microsoft Digital Media 3000 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX750 CoolerMaster 690 NVIDIA Edition Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2464 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDarryl View Post
Have any of you "VETERANS" of this board filled out my BIOS spreadsheet with your current settings?

We would all love to see it.

Also, do any of you know if the difference BIOS revisions have difference BIOS options?

Thanks!

.
I really need to increase my OC, 3.113 (415x7.5) seems wimpy for my Q9300....
I really need to increase my OC of my 8800GTS (16% Oc of core and 3% OC of memory seems wimpy)
Ill have to install some type of spreadsheet program but ill update it with mine as soon as I get a chance.
Just one question. Its off topic but im hoping some one here can help. I keep having trouble with Prime95 and my screen shutting off lol. I set it to never sleep but it keeps changing to 20 min on me and i have no idea how to stop it. For some reason when it gose to sleep it crashes but only when running prime. how can i stop it from going to sleep?

Is your 8800GTS a 512 or 640 or 320? If its an 8800GTS 512 128sp you can try up 800MHz core and 115 mem. Id go lower on it but thats what i have tested on mine. I got 15318 3DMarks with mine and a Q6600 GO at 3.6GHz.
I hope that helps with the card. By the way 800MHz and 115GHz mem are pushing it to the edge of stable. 800MHz core and 1020 was not stable
Edited by mcj3671 - 5/12/08 at 12:05pm
Nemesis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 GO 3.8GHz GA-P35-DS3L v2 8800GTS 512 4gigs OCZ 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB SATA-300 samsung write master Vista Ultamate X64 acer 22"LCD & emerson 32"LCD 
PowerCase
PC Power&Cooling 500Watt Silencer NZXT Alpha 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 GO 3.8GHz GA-P35-DS3L v2 8800GTS 512 4gigs OCZ 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB SATA-300 samsung write master Vista Ultamate X64 acer 22"LCD & emerson 32"LCD 
PowerCase
PC Power&Cooling 500Watt Silencer NZXT Alpha 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2465 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcj3671 View Post
Ill have to install some type of spreadsheet program but ill update it with mine as soon as I get a chance.
Just one question. Its off topic but im hoping some one here can help. I keep having trouble with Prime95 and my screen shutting off lol. I set it to never sleep but it keeps changing to 20 min on me and i have no idea how to stop it. For some reason when it gose to sleep it crashes but only when running prime. how can i stop it from going to sleep?

Is your 8800GTS a 512 or 640 or 320? If its an 8800GTS 512 128sp you can try up 800MHz core and 115 mem. Id go lower on it but thats what i have tested on mine. I got 15318 3DMarks with mine and a Q6600 GO at 3.6GHz.
I hope that helps with the card. By the way 800MHz and 115GHz mem are pushing it to the edge of stable. 800MHz core and 1020 was not stable
I converted the spreadsheet to MS Word if that helps.

So, you have both the screen saver and the power management to never turn off the display? Hmm, don't know why that wouldn't work, and don't know why that would crash Prime95, since it is not a graphical test? In the past, I tried to run 3DMark minimized and it would immediately stop, because it needs to run on the monitor.

My 8800 GTS is a 512MB. What do you mean by 115 memory? Does that mean 1150 mhz on the memory?

Did you increase the voltage to the PCI-E slot? If so, how much?

I don't understand what you meant by "800MHz core and 1020 was not stable" Was the memory at 1020 mhz or what?

Thanks!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K $229 4.221 GHz (42x100.5=4.221GHz) MSI Z77 MPOWER $144 Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 PCS+ MYST 2GB $240 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-In... Sony NEC DVD-RW Corsair H100 Push Pull $90 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6" ASUS VH236H Monitor Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Modular PSU ANTEC 1200 
Mouse
Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K $229 4.221 GHz (42x100.5=4.221GHz) MSI Z77 MPOWER $144 Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 PCS+ MYST 2GB $240 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-In... Sony NEC DVD-RW Corsair H100 Push Pull $90 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6" ASUS VH236H Monitor Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Modular PSU ANTEC 1200 
Mouse
Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2466 of 4644
one more quick question. How do i run super pi? do i just pick one of the digits of PI to calculate and run it. I have no idea what the numbers mean. I ran all of the dif size calculations. Im just not sure what ones you are all comparing. And are you using the time for the initial value finished? Or the loops? I am just wondering how i compair.

000h 00m 00s [16k]
000h 00m 00s [32k]
000h 00m 00s [64k]
000h 00m 01s [128k]
000h 00m 02s [256k]
000h 00m 06s [512k]
000h 00m 14s [1M]
000h 00m 35s [2M]
000h 01m 22s [4M]
000h 03m 04s [8M]
000h 06m 48s [16M]
000h 14m 49s [32M]

so what one of these should I be comparing
Edited by mcj3671 - 5/12/08 at 1:18pm
Nemesis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 GO 3.8GHz GA-P35-DS3L v2 8800GTS 512 4gigs OCZ 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB SATA-300 samsung write master Vista Ultamate X64 acer 22"LCD & emerson 32"LCD 
PowerCase
PC Power&Cooling 500Watt Silencer NZXT Alpha 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 GO 3.8GHz GA-P35-DS3L v2 8800GTS 512 4gigs OCZ 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB SATA-300 samsung write master Vista Ultamate X64 acer 22"LCD & emerson 32"LCD 
PowerCase
PC Power&Cooling 500Watt Silencer NZXT Alpha 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2467 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZDarryl View Post
I converted the spreadsheet to MS Word if that helps.

So, you have both the screen saver and the power management to never turn off the display? Hmm, don't know why that wouldn't work, and don't know why that would crash Prime95, since it is not a graphical test? In the past, I tried to run 3DMark minimized and it would immediately stop, because it needs to run on the monitor.

My 8800 GTS is a 512MB. What do you mean by 115 memory? Does that mean 1150 mhz on the memory?

Did you increase the voltage to the PCI-E slot? If so, how much?

I don't understand what you meant by "800MHz core and 1020 was not stable" Was the memory at 1020 mhz or what?

Thanks!
I ment 1015MHz that was a typo. Ok I set my 8800GTs Core to 800MHz and then set the ram on the card to 1015MHz.
No I didnt increase the voltage to the PCI-E slot. Just ran it as it was.
this is a screen shot of CPUZ and GPUZ so you can kinda see my settings
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...3671/test2.jpg
Edited by mcj3671 - 5/12/08 at 1:19pm
Nemesis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 GO 3.8GHz GA-P35-DS3L v2 8800GTS 512 4gigs OCZ 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB SATA-300 samsung write master Vista Ultamate X64 acer 22"LCD & emerson 32"LCD 
PowerCase
PC Power&Cooling 500Watt Silencer NZXT Alpha 
  hide details  
Reply
Nemesis
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 GO 3.8GHz GA-P35-DS3L v2 8800GTS 512 4gigs OCZ 6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 250GB SATA-300 samsung write master Vista Ultamate X64 acer 22"LCD & emerson 32"LCD 
PowerCase
PC Power&Cooling 500Watt Silencer NZXT Alpha 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2468 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcj3671 View Post
one more quick question. How do i run super pi? do i just pick one of the digits of PI to calculate and run it. I have no idea what the numbers mean. I ran all of the dif size calculations. Im just not sure what ones you are all comparing. And are you using the time for the initial value finished? Or the loops? I am just wondering how i compair.

000h 00m 00s [16k]
000h 00m 00s [32k]
000h 00m 00s [64k]
000h 00m 01s [128k]
000h 00m 02s [256k]
000h 00m 06s [512k]
000h 00m 14s [1M]
000h 00m 35s [2M]
000h 01m 22s [4M]
000h 03m 04s [8M]
000h 06m 48s [16M]
000h 14m 49s [32M]

so what one of these should I be comparing
We are comparing the 1M results. That means it is calculating Pi to 1 million decimal places. Just run it once, don't need to loop. I get 16.89 seconds with my Q9300 @ 415x7.5 = 3.113 GHz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcj3671 View Post
I meant 1015MHz that was a typo. Ok I set my 8800GTs Core to 800MHz and then set the ram on the card to 1015MHz.
No I didn't increase the voltage to the PCI-E slot. Just ran it as it was.
this is a screen shot of CPUZ and GPUZ so you can kinda see my settings
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...3671/test2.jpg
Thanks! I wonder why the memory didn't OC much? I wonder if you increasing the PCI-E voltage would help? As long as temps stay reasonable. Did you set your fan on your card to run faster? Mine would only run at 30%, so I used the EVGA precision tool to run it at 75%. If you don't havean EVGA card, you can use RivaTuner to change the fan speed and have it run at start-up, so it doesn't reset once you reboot. It helped keep my card temps lower.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K $229 4.221 GHz (42x100.5=4.221GHz) MSI Z77 MPOWER $144 Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 PCS+ MYST 2GB $240 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-In... Sony NEC DVD-RW Corsair H100 Push Pull $90 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6" ASUS VH236H Monitor Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Modular PSU ANTEC 1200 
Mouse
Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K $229 4.221 GHz (42x100.5=4.221GHz) MSI Z77 MPOWER $144 Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 PCS+ MYST 2GB $240 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-In... Sony NEC DVD-RW Corsair H100 Push Pull $90 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6" ASUS VH236H Monitor Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Modular PSU ANTEC 1200 
Mouse
Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2469 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugan23 View Post
i was wondering because i have a 7x multi so the board maxed out before my proc. 445 is stable 450 i can run super pi and thats it, thats how i know its the board, so is there some mods for these boards for a higher voltage to the chipsets that might get me 490fsb? (i know i have no ds3l but i think that they are very similar so maybe i can get lucky).
Well, the DS3L has solid capacitors (i.e. DURABLE) That may be what is holding you back? don't know.

SgtSpike has a 7x multi and was able to get the FSB to 535 MHz @ 1.5 VCore, don't know what his FSB voltage or NB Voltage were????


Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggy2k7 View Post
Im using the F6 BIOS but from what ive read the new revisions have .5 multi's so you could have say 8.5 multi ect... i dont know if they have any other different settings becuase i havn't tried them.
Yeah, I have F7 and can set my multi to 6 or 7, +0.5 to get my x7.5 Multi.

Just wondered if newer Bios had other setting options to add to my spreadsheet, or to make separate spreadsheets for each BIOS revision........
Edited by ZDarryl - 5/12/08 at 1:46pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K $229 4.221 GHz (42x100.5=4.221GHz) MSI Z77 MPOWER $144 Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 PCS+ MYST 2GB $240 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-In... Sony NEC DVD-RW Corsair H100 Push Pull $90 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6" ASUS VH236H Monitor Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Modular PSU ANTEC 1200 
Mouse
Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K $229 4.221 GHz (42x100.5=4.221GHz) MSI Z77 MPOWER $144 Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 PCS+ MYST 2GB $240 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-In... Sony NEC DVD-RW Corsair H100 Push Pull $90 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6" ASUS VH236H Monitor Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Modular PSU ANTEC 1200 
Mouse
Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2470 of 4644
Hi,

I have made a bootable flashdrive but i cannot get it to boot with this motherboard... Ive tried selecting USB HDD from the F12 boot menu and setting it to boot to USB HDD in the BIOS but none of them worked.

If anyone could help me with this it would be great

Thanks
Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.5GHz Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 4GB G.Skill DDR2 PC2-6400 HK 4-4-3-5 @ 940MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD6401AALS 640GB Black + Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit Samsung SM2253BW 22" 1680x1050 Microsoft Digital Media 3000 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX750 CoolerMaster 690 NVIDIA Edition Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6600 G0 @ 3.5GHz Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 4GB G.Skill DDR2 PC2-6400 HK 4-4-3-5 @ 940MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD6401AALS 640GB Black + Samsung F3 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit Samsung SM2253BW 22" 1680x1050 Microsoft Digital Media 3000 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair AX750 CoolerMaster 690 NVIDIA Edition Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread