Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread - Page 254

post #2531 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by technogeek View Post
Hi, In the DDR2 OverVoltage Control setting it to +.4 equals 2.05v.
Try 4-4-4-12 timings.
OK, tried that, and I'm still blue screen right after windows starts to load up.

I tried
9x400
4-4-4-12 timings
spd set to 2
DDR2 volts to +.04
CPU volts from 1.45-1.475

Should I be sending any more volts the to the FSB or MCH or even the cpu?

BTW, thanks for the assistance.
post #2532 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
OK, tried that, and I'm still blue screen right after windows starts to load up.

I tried
9x400
4-4-4-12 timings
spd set to 2
DDR2 volts to +.04
CPU volts from 1.45-1.475

Should I be sending any more volts the to the FSB or MCH or even the cpu?

BTW, thanks for the assistance.
Yes, to start with I would try + .01 in both the FSB and MCH. and then +.02 ect. Your welcome...
E8400 @ 4.0GHz
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 8400GS CORSAIR XMS2 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Maxtor and Seagate Lite-On and Samsung "Multi-booting" Xp-64, Xp-Pro, Vista Ultimate Lite Corsair TX750W 
Case
Antec SLK3700AMB 
  hide details  
Reply
E8400 @ 4.0GHz
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 8400GS CORSAIR XMS2 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Maxtor and Seagate Lite-On and Samsung "Multi-booting" Xp-64, Xp-Pro, Vista Ultimate Lite Corsair TX750W 
Case
Antec SLK3700AMB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2533 of 4644
Well, I tried just about everything and can't get it solid at 3.6. I'm pretty disappointed at this point as I thought the "standard" OC was 3.6. Right now it's sitting at 3.43 and my memory is running at 780 instead of 800. It's hugely disappointing.

Anyone have any suggestion to get me past this? I'm at 1.48 or so volts with +2 to the pci,fsb and mch. Memory +.04 volts and 4-4-4-12 as suggested. Tried +3 on the pci, fsb and mch as well as 1.49 on the vcore, and it failed.
post #2534 of 4644
What kind of CPU cooler are you using, I would suggest H.D.T. (Heat-pipe direct touch) technology. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
E8400 @ 4.0GHz
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 8400GS CORSAIR XMS2 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Maxtor and Seagate Lite-On and Samsung "Multi-booting" Xp-64, Xp-Pro, Vista Ultimate Lite Corsair TX750W 
Case
Antec SLK3700AMB 
  hide details  
Reply
E8400 @ 4.0GHz
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 8400GS CORSAIR XMS2 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Maxtor and Seagate Lite-On and Samsung "Multi-booting" Xp-64, Xp-Pro, Vista Ultimate Lite Corsair TX750W 
Case
Antec SLK3700AMB 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2535 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by technogeek View Post
What kind of CPU cooler are you using, I would suggest H.D.T. (Heat-pipe direct touch) technology. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
Heats not the issue, I have a thermal right 120 after market cooler.
post #2536 of 4644
Is anyone experiencing difficulty overclocking a Q9450 on this board? I can easily get to 3.04Ghz (380FSB) by only adjusting the vcore (1.3 right now as overkill). When I try to go any higher, I can't seem to pass prime 95. I've tried going for 400FSB with +2 on FSB, MCH, and RAM along with 1.375v vcore, but to no avail.

I've tested the memory and it appears that it is either the northbridge holding me back or the CPU is an overclocking dud.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L EVGA 8800 GTS 512 2x2GB Mushkin 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
640gb WD Caviar Windows Vista Premium 64 bit Dell 2407WFP-HC Logitech G15 (Old Style) 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 520HX Antec 900 Logitech M310 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q9450 @ 3.2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L EVGA 8800 GTS 512 2x2GB Mushkin 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
640gb WD Caviar Windows Vista Premium 64 bit Dell 2407WFP-HC Logitech G15 (Old Style) 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 520HX Antec 900 Logitech M310 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2537 of 4644
Grrr. Looks like the latest q6600's have a start VID of 1.325.

I seem to be at my max at 1.47 volts 9x389 for 3.51 mghz. SPD set to 2.40 to give me a slight overclock the the ddr800 ram.

temps while idle are 43,49,44,44

Need to see how stable it is. I suppose I could try more volts, but how much is too much for the q6600? 1.5? Even that didn't see enough.
post #2538 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyne7lac View Post
What's the difference between the

GA-EP35-DS3L

and the

GA-P35-DS3L???
The EP35-DS3L just has the Dynamic Energy Saver technology in it. That's the only difference I can tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
Well, I tried just about everything and can't get it solid at 3.6. I'm pretty disappointed at this point as I thought the "standard" OC was 3.6. Right now it's sitting at 3.43 and my memory is running at 780 instead of 800. It's hugely disappointing.

Anyone have any suggestion to get me past this? I'm at 1.48 or so volts with +2 to the pci,fsb and mch. Memory +.04 volts and 4-4-4-12 as suggested. Tried +3 on the pci, fsb and mch as well as 1.49 on the vcore, and it failed.
+.3v to PCI does absolutely nothing for a CPU overclock. Also, the normal timings on RAM when overclocking CPU is 5-5-5-15. That way you know if your RAM is bottle necking your OC.

Change your timings to 5-5-5-15 or up your RAM voltage to +.05. Upping the RAM voltage to that gives about 2.1v due to the RAM voltage Vdrop on the board. You can use HWmonitor to check the RAM voltages. I recommend changing the timings to 5-5-5-15 OR the stock settings.

If you want to up the voltage on NB, add a small 40mm fan to it because the NB has insufficient cooling once you add more voltage to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themattman View Post
Is anyone experiencing difficulty overclocking a Q9450 on this board? I can easily get to 3.04Ghz (380FSB) by only adjusting the vcore (1.3 right now as overkill). When I try to go any higher, I can't seem to pass prime 95. I've tried going for 400FSB with +2 on FSB, MCH, and RAM along with 1.375v vcore, but to no avail.

I've tested the memory and it appears that it is either the northbridge holding me back or the CPU is an overclocking dud.
Add a fan to the NB when overvolting it. It runs a bit hot. Change you're RAM voltages to +.5v and change the timings to 5-5-5-15 when overclocking. Leave your RAM multiplier at 2 if it's DDR2 RAM.

--Edit--
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
Grrr. Looks like the latest q6600's have a start VID of 1.325.

I seem to be at my max at 1.47 volts 9x389 for 3.51 mghz. SPD set to 2.40 to give me a slight overclock the the ddr800 ram.

temps while idle are 43,49,44,44

Need to see how stable it is. I suppose I could try more volts, but how much is too much for the q6600? 1.5? Even that didn't see enough.
Those temps are a bit warm for the Q6600. Try doing the washer mod on the TRU/E. Yes, 1.5v is the max for 65nm chips. If I remember correctly, it's safe to go past 1.5v in the BIOS on this board due to Vdrop as long as the chip doesn't run past 1.5v in CPU-Z in Windows.
Edited by Rpg2 - 5/17/08 at 8:59pm
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Sinking Box
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 2500k 4.8Ghz 1.37v ASRock P67 Extreme4 Gen3 ASUS HD5850 955/1250 8GB G.Skill Snipers 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blacks RAID 0 XSPC Rasa + RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Sharp 32" 1080p LCD HDTV 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Keyboard Corsair HX620 Corsair Obsidian 700D Logitech G3 Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2539 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpg2 View Post
The EP35-DS3L just has the Dynamic Energy Saver technology in it. That's the only difference I can tell.



+.3v to PCI does absolutely nothing for a CPU overclock. Also, the normal timings on RAM when overclocking CPU is 5-5-5-15. That way you know if your RAM is bottle necking your OC.

Change your timings to 5-5-5-15 or up your RAM voltage to +.05. Upping the RAM voltage to that gives about 2.1v due to the RAM voltage Vdrop on the board. You can use HWmonitor to check the RAM voltages. I recommend changing the timings to 5-5-5-15 OR the stock settings.

If you want to up the voltage on NB, add a small 40mm fan to it because the NB has insufficient cooling once you add more voltage to it.



Add a fan to the NB when overvolting it. It runs a bit hot. Change you're RAM voltages to +.5v and change the timings to 5-5-5-15 when overclocking. Leave your RAM multiplier at 2 if it's DDR2 RAM.

--Edit--


Those temps are a bit warm for the Q6600. Try doing the washer mod on the TRU/E. Yes, 1.5v is the max for 65nm chips. If I remember correctly, it's safe to go past 1.5v in the BIOS on this board due to Vdrop as long as the chip doesn't run past 1.5v in CPU-Z in Windows.
Ugh.It just gets worse. Running any kind of OCCT or orthos pretty much crashes within 5 minutes. I'm having to fall further and further back, with no stability in sight. One weird thing I have noticed, my vcore should be at 1.45 but occt is showing it much lower, like 1.36-1.4, what gives?
post #2540 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by technogeek View Post
Hi, In the DDR2 OverVoltage Control setting it to +.4 equals 2.05v.
Try 4-4-4-12 timings.
The default DDR2 Voltage on the DS3L is 1.8V so +0.4V = 2.2V not 2.05 volts
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K $229 4.221 GHz (42x100.5=4.221GHz) MSI Z77 MPOWER $144 Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 PCS+ MYST 2GB $240 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-In... Sony NEC DVD-RW Corsair H100 Push Pull $90 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6" ASUS VH236H Monitor Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Modular PSU ANTEC 1200 
Mouse
Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K $229 4.221 GHz (42x100.5=4.221GHz) MSI Z77 MPOWER $144 Powercolor Radeon HD 7870 PCS+ MYST 2GB $240 G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-In... Sony NEC DVD-RW Corsair H100 Push Pull $90 Windows 7 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23.6" ASUS VH236H Monitor Logitech G15 Corsair HX750 Modular PSU ANTEC 1200 
Mouse
Logitech MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread