Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread - Page 272

post #2711 of 4644
I''ll get the processor to 3.6; right now I don't want to get a new cooler - I'm using the larger stock one from a e6600. From what I read there's hardly a difference in thermal temps at 3.6 - not that I won't do 4 later. I'm playing it a bit safe in the beginning not that it seems I need to with this chip
post #2712 of 4644
hey guys i read a bit of this forum nd found it fair helpful and i realise im askin questions you have all heard before but it just takes sooooo friggen long to read all this lol.. its HUGE.
anmyway bought a new system.
ga-p35-ds3l
4gb ocz reaper (2x2gb)
lg 18x burner
q6600 (g0 revision)
160g hdd
and just a crappy gpu coz i got no money atm =(
anyway i got everything in the mail 3days ago and plugged it all in. turned on and the psu blew "tears" so that buggered one stick of ram up =( but hopefully that will get warrenty.
anyway a few questions

1/ my cpu is being clocked at like 4 different speeds by different programs and in some of them it keeps changing for no reason? wats with this and how can i stop it? in core temp it shows @2.9ghz but i havnt even oc'd it yet?
in easytune it always changes from like 1.4-2.8???
and in cpuz it says 1.6. this is freeking me out how can i stop it. i just want it to be the same all the time.

2/also my ram voltage is set to 1.8 and i think my ram should be at 2.1? thats wat i recall anyway. and also the timings should be 4-4-4-12 but it shows as 6-6-6-18 waah. i know i only have one stick working at the mo is this affecting this?

3/i really wanna oc but im scarred lol. and yeah can i oc to 3 ghz on stock cooling? i idle at highest 32celcius, and highest recorded under prime 95 was 65 celcius. could some one show me exactly wat bios things i have to do to oc to 3ghz or around about? i dont really wanna screw around with voltages tho. not experienced enough. this is my first "real computer" lol. and im only 17.. please help guys thanks heaps
kind regards
lemonfuzzy
post #2713 of 4644
Hey guys have a real annoying problem. About 2 days ago my comp started acting wierd so I swapped the memory slots and it worked great. Last night I had it downloading a large program so I left it on. When I got up the next morning it had restarted its self after a microsoft update. But it was hung up at the post screen. So I rebooted and now I get the BSOD right before it loads into vista everytime. Any suggestions? PLEASE?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Gygabite GA-P35-DS3L eVGA 8800 gt oc 2Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate Barracuda 250gb Samsung DVD-RW Vista Home Prem. 64bit CM Real Power Pro 650 
Case
CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 Gygabite GA-P35-DS3L eVGA 8800 gt oc 2Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
Seagate Barracuda 250gb Samsung DVD-RW Vista Home Prem. 64bit CM Real Power Pro 650 
Case
CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2714 of 4644
Finally got mine going after a few rma's. Been running prime95 for about 4 hrs no with no probs. First time doing any oc'ing, bumped 8400 up to 3.6 left ram on auto ( 5-5-5-15 ). Temps look ok? I see the difference between core and real.

Only thing I think I didn't do was disable fan control before doing prime. Just want to make sure everything looks decent. Thx and thx to all for this thread!


My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 Gigabyte P35 - DS3L 8800 GTS (G92) 512MB 4 GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Maxtor 320 GB Samsung 226bw 22" Corsair 550 Antec P182 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 Gigabyte P35 - DS3L 8800 GTS (G92) 512MB 4 GB Corsair XMS2 DHX 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Maxtor 320 GB Samsung 226bw 22" Corsair 550 Antec P182 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2715 of 4644
temps are fine use real temp not core temp. Core temp is for 65nm. Real temp for 45nm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k asus x99 sabertooth Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB Phanteks PH-TC14S Win7 64 Acer XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Strafe RGB Antec Edge 750W Corsair 450D Steelseries Rival 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k asus x99 sabertooth Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB Phanteks PH-TC14S Win7 64 Acer XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Strafe RGB Antec Edge 750W Corsair 450D Steelseries Rival 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2716 of 4644
Hello i have a problem with my friends DS3L he got. I owned a DS3R which the BIOS are the same but i didin't have this problem. We tried overclocking his E2180 with the board which should go high.

When he ups the Vcore from stock CPU-Z doesn't show an increase in voltage at all. And yes the extra options that limit the core stuff when it's idle or whatever is disabled. I also put his frequency at 230 or so and it showed no overclock in CPU-Z just a plain 2.0ghz.

However when you go back into the BIOS it is still at 230 fsb.

I thought maybe it was still being limited when it was idle but i ran orthos at 100% and orthos still said @ 2.0ghz as did CPu-Z....this really sucks and i feel bad becuase i told him 3.0ghz would be easy!

EDIT: is this the problem that people say reset Cmos? How do you reset it without taking the battery out. Don't you take a screwdriver and push? i never did figure that out on my DS3R becuase i only had to reset the cmos once.
Edited by Sora1421 - 6/8/08 at 7:52pm
post #2717 of 4644
am trying to startup new DS3L board. fans run 5-7 seconds shut off for 3-4 seconds keeps repeating..
GA-P35--DS3L
INTEL E2200
ASUS VW 193 LCD
EVGA 8400GS
SH-S203 DVD WRITER

HAVE TRIED: 2-VX550W AND 1-TX650W CORSAIR
SEAGATE BARACUDA 120 AND 250
GSKILL 2X1 GIG
Tried setting CPU 4 times and each stik of memory in every slot singly.

Get same results.
Board is sitting on cardboard box.
krazykraut
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e2160 ga-p35-ds3l 8600gts OCZ 2X1 gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
seagata 250 & 150 samsung vista home premium asus vw 193t 
Power
tx650 
  hide details  
Reply
krazykraut
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e2160 ga-p35-ds3l 8600gts OCZ 2X1 gig 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
seagata 250 & 150 samsung vista home premium asus vw 193t 
Power
tx650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2718 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazykraut View Post
am trying to startup new DS3L board. fans run 5-7 seconds shut off for 3-4 seconds keeps repeating..
can you get into bios at all?
post #2719 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfuzzy View Post
1/ my cpu is being clocked at like 4 different speeds by different programs and in some of them it keeps changing for no reason? wats with this and how can i stop it? in core temp it shows @2.9ghz but i havnt even oc'd it yet?
in easytune it always changes from like 1.4-2.8???
and in cpuz it says 1.6. this is freeking me out how can i stop it. i just want it to be the same all the time.
Make sure you disable Intel's Speedstep thats whats causing the differences your seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfuzzy View Post
2/also my ram voltage is set to 1.8 and i think my ram should be at 2.1? thats wat i recall anyway. and also the timings should be 4-4-4-12 but it shows as 6-6-6-18 waah. i know i only have one stick working at the mo is this affecting this?
If you Press CTRL-F1 at the main BIOS screen you can access the memory timings menu in the Motherboard Intelligence Tweaker menu. You should also be able to tweek you voltage in the Motherboard Intelligence Tweaker menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfuzzy View Post
3/i really wanna oc but im scarred lol. and yeah can i oc to 3 ghz on stock cooling? i idle at highest 32celcius, and highest recorded under prime 95 was 65 celcius. could some one show me exactly wat bios things i have to do to oc to 3ghz or around about? i dont really wanna screw around with voltages tho. not experienced enough. this is my first "real computer" lol. and im only 17.. please help guys thanks heaps
kind regards
lemonfuzzy
I'd be nervous ocing the q6600 on the stock cooling... get yourself a good aftermarket cooler...
hope that helps....
~Pierce
Hippipc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR G0 OC @ 3.20ghz (Lapped) Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R 8880 GTS 512 Crucial Ballistix 2x2 gb @ 712mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x250gb 1x500gb 1x150gb Raptor All WD LG DVD-ROM Windows Vista 22" Viewsonic VX2240W 
PowerCaseMouse
700w Antec P182 Logitech MX Revolution & Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Hippipc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR G0 OC @ 3.20ghz (Lapped) Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R 8880 GTS 512 Crucial Ballistix 2x2 gb @ 712mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x250gb 1x500gb 1x150gb Raptor All WD LG DVD-ROM Windows Vista 22" Viewsonic VX2240W 
PowerCaseMouse
700w Antec P182 Logitech MX Revolution & Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2720 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarber25 View Post
Hey guys have a real annoying problem. About 2 days ago my comp started acting wierd so I swapped the memory slots and it worked great. Last night I had it downloading a large program so I left it on. When I got up the next morning it had restarted its self after a microsoft update. But it was hung up at the post screen. So I rebooted and now I get the BSOD right before it loads into vista everytime. Any suggestions? PLEASE?
Have you tried booting into safe mode?
Hippipc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR G0 OC @ 3.20ghz (Lapped) Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R 8880 GTS 512 Crucial Ballistix 2x2 gb @ 712mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x250gb 1x500gb 1x150gb Raptor All WD LG DVD-ROM Windows Vista 22" Viewsonic VX2240W 
PowerCaseMouse
700w Antec P182 Logitech MX Revolution & Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Hippipc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR G0 OC @ 3.20ghz (Lapped) Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R 8880 GTS 512 Crucial Ballistix 2x2 gb @ 712mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x250gb 1x500gb 1x150gb Raptor All WD LG DVD-ROM Windows Vista 22" Viewsonic VX2240W 
PowerCaseMouse
700w Antec P182 Logitech MX Revolution & Razer Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread