Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread - Page 376

post #3751 of 4644
I'm still having problems with this

I managed to get my FSB up to 445 x 9 multiplier which gave me 4.00GHZ and then changed the DRAM multiplier to 2.0 which said the RAM would clock alittle higher than 1066. I also had to increase the CPU voltage because of the increase.

Windows then fails to boot and BSOD

So here is my stable BIOS settings but CPU-Z is still showing my new 1066 OCZ ram has DDR2 6400

what am I doing wrong please?

CPU-Z is reporting SLOT1 and SLOT 3 as PC2-6400 ( 400MHZ )


Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9]
CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [400]
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [AUTO]
C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.50]
DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 6
Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______6
Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 18 ( have also used 15 and works )
ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3 auto
Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3 auto
Write to Precharge Delay_________ 6 auto
Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 54 auto
Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3 auto
Static tRead Value_______________ 6 auto
Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1 auto

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Advanced Settings
Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]
Edited by beerglass007 - 4/18/09 at 5:22am
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GA-P35-DS3R 9800GTX+ ASUS Dark Knight 512mb 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Pioneer 111D Vista 64Bit ViewSonic 22" 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard 700 Watts Black and plain Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Nope 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 GA-P35-DS3R 9800GTX+ ASUS Dark Knight 512mb 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Pioneer 111D Vista 64Bit ViewSonic 22" 1080P 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Apple Keyboard 700 Watts Black and plain Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Nope 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3752 of 4644
i might get the ud3p p45 gigabyte.
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
X79-GCN
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3930K 4.5GHz HT GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 AMD R9-290X GEil Evo Potenza DDR3 2400MHz CL10 (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Samsung 840 Pro 120GB EK Supremacy (CPU) NF F12's P/P (360 Rad)  NF A14's (420 Rad)  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
XSPC Chrome Compression Fittings EK RES X3 150 Primochill PremoFlex Advanced LRT Clear 1/2 ID EK-FC (R9 290X) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
EK D5 Vario Top-X  Phobya G-Changer V2 360mm Phobya G-Changer V2 420mm Win 10 x64 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ XR3501 35" Curved Corsair Vengeance K90 Seasonic X-1250 Gold (v2) Corsair 900D 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400s Senn HD 598 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3753 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerglass007 View Post
I'm still having problems with this

I managed to get my FSB up to 445 x 9 multiplier which gave me 4.00GHZ and then changed the DRAM multiplier to 2.0 which said the RAM would clock alittle higher than 1066. I also had to increase the CPU voltage because of the increase.

Windows then fails to boot and BSOD

So here is my stable BIOS settings but CPU-Z is still showing my new 1066 OCZ ram has DDR2 6400

what am I doing wrong please?

CPU-Z is reporting SLOT1 and SLOT 3 as PC2-6400 ( 400MHZ )


Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9]
CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [400]
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [AUTO]
C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.50]
DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 6
Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______6
Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 18 ( have also used 15 and works )
ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3 auto
Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3 auto
Write to Precharge Delay_________ 6 auto
Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 54 auto
Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3 auto
Static tRead Value_______________ 6 auto
Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1 auto

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Advanced Settings
Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]
1.25 vcore is really low which is a good thing I would raise that
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k asus x99 sabertooth Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB Phanteks PH-TC14S Win7 64 Acer XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Strafe RGB Antec Edge 750W Corsair 450D Steelseries Rival 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k asus x99 sabertooth Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB Phanteks PH-TC14S Win7 64 Acer XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Strafe RGB Antec Edge 750W Corsair 450D Steelseries Rival 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3754 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by redalert View Post
1.25 vcore is really low which is a good thing I would raise that
Yeah.. i had to raise it to 1.8V in BIOS (1.45V in CPUZ) to get past 3.0
Desktop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E4500 GB EP35-DS3L XFX 7950GT 650mhz 512mb 2X GEIL 667 1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 500gb Toshiba DVD+LG RWDVD XP ue7 / Ubuntu 8.10 Samtron 96b 19"CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse Pad
ACME keyboard Tacens Valeo Smart 480 PlanetCase Apollo Alsop 
  hide details  
Reply
Desktop
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E4500 GB EP35-DS3L XFX 7950GT 650mhz 512mb 2X GEIL 667 1gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 500gb Toshiba DVD+LG RWDVD XP ue7 / Ubuntu 8.10 Samtron 96b 19"CRT 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse Pad
ACME keyboard Tacens Valeo Smart 480 PlanetCase Apollo Alsop 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3755 of 4644
Does anyone know which setting in the BIOS is the CPU Termination voltage and what it is at stock? Thanks.
post #3756 of 4644
Quote:
Originally Posted by NrGx View Post
Does anyone know which setting in the BIOS is the CPU Termination voltage and what it is at stock? Thanks.
there is no setting for that on this board
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k asus x99 sabertooth Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB Phanteks PH-TC14S Win7 64 Acer XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Strafe RGB Antec Edge 750W Corsair 450D Steelseries Rival 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 5820k asus x99 sabertooth Gigabyte GTX 1070 8GB 16 GB CORSAIR Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
SanDisk Extreme PRO 480GB Phanteks PH-TC14S Win7 64 Acer XB271HU 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair Strafe RGB Antec Edge 750W Corsair 450D Steelseries Rival 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3757 of 4644
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by beerglass007 View Post
I'm still having problems with this

I managed to get my FSB up to 445 x 9 multiplier which gave me 4.00GHZ and then changed the DRAM multiplier to 2.0 which said the RAM would clock alittle higher than 1066. I also had to increase the CPU voltage because of the increase.

Windows then fails to boot and BSOD

So here is my stable BIOS settings but CPU-Z is still showing my new 1066 OCZ ram has DDR2 6400

what am I doing wrong please?

CPU-Z is reporting SLOT1 and SLOT 3 as PC2-6400 ( 400MHZ )


Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Auto]
CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [9]
CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ [400]
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [AUTO]
C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.50]
DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 5
Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 6
Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______6
Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 18 ( have also used 15 and works )
ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________ 3 auto
Rank Write to READ Delay________ 3 auto
Write to Precharge Delay_________ 6 auto
Refresh to ACT Delay______________ 54 auto
Read to Precharge Delay__________ 3 auto
Static tRead Value_______________ 6 auto
Static tRead Phase Adjust________ 1 auto

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.300V]
PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [+0.1V]
FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.1V]
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.1V]
CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.25]

Advanced Settings
Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Enabled]
CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled]
Virtualization Technology................: [Disabled]
What speed is the memory actually running at in CPU-Z?
post #3758 of 4644
so im still new to this, i been reading about it, but still confused about it. so if you have a pointers to give me or help me out that would be great. this is my specs is gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L motherboard,CORE 2 DUO E6550, 2 gb of ram, windows xp. right now my E6550 is under performing @2.00ghz, so i just want to get that up to 3 or 3.2ghz
post #3759 of 4644
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobmark27 View Post
so im still new to this, i been reading about it, but still confused about it. so if you have a pointers to give me or help me out that would be great. this is my specs is gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L motherboard,CORE 2 DUO E6550, 2 gb of ram, windows xp. right now my E6550 is under performing @2.00ghz, so i just want to get that up to 3 or 3.2ghz
You'll have to be more specific about what exactly you need help with.

The basic of overclocking is to raise the FSB. Do that. Everything else is things you can do to help you raise the FSB more.
post #3760 of 4644
see here is the thing, i know how to change ever thing in bio's. but i dont know what to change it to and i don't want to do anything stupid a change it so something that will screw my computer up. all i need to know what is the best setting to reach my goal of 3.0 or 3.2 ghz from my cpu
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Thread