So this is rather heavy but I feel I need to get it off me in some form.
Almost a year ago (3rd of December 2007) my mum got diagnosed with a rare and aggressive form of breast cancer, as she was getting treated she lost all her hair and all that sort of stuff, she was quite sick for a very long time, about 3 months later she got the cancer removed, and continued with her treatment.
Then in the start of July this year, she had quite bad pains in her stomach, after a day my dad took her to go get it checked out.. Now I should explain, my mum is a nurse and worked at the hospital she was getting mainly treated at. She had scans and x-rays done and had found out that there infact was something around her liver that didn't look good. A few days later before the offical results were in on what the growth on her liver was my mums friends at the hospital had a look at the results for her, because no one likes waiting right. On that day we found out that my mum had liver cancers, possible cancers in her lungs and some in her shoulder.
It was decided to change treatments and get this under control, then 6 weeks later another scan would take place. So 6 weeks of waiting and treatment later the scans and tests were done and it looked to be going smaller, which in this case isn't a cure, but just more time. It was a matter of fighting for time.
So this brings me to a few weeks ago, where my mum and dad had gone to Hong Kong for a little holiday, upon returning my mum appeared to have a yellowish tinge and had very swollen feet, going up towards her legs. A few days later she went to the hospital to go have some scans done and get checked out, the next day she would find the results. Well the next day came and I went to school as usual. Came home and wondered where mum was. My sister told me she was being kept at hospital for tests and such... Knowing this is not good I freaked abit.
Dad came hope about 2 hours later, and told us that the cancers in her liver had gotten bigger. So she would stay in hospital at Westmead for a few days just because if tests were needed they could happen almost instantly. A biopsy took place on the friday of 21 of november to find out if it is Her2+ or Her2-, there is a 25% chance of it being her2+ which means that it is responsive to a certain drug. But if it is not her2+ sadly it will seem like my mum will die before christmas... Even if it was her2+ like I have said before, it would be fighting for more time.
Yeah, its been a bit of a rollercoaster in the last year.