Time for an update.
Some hardware has been upgraded...always a good thing. But that meant ordering and waiting...
Luckily I have a very nice PSU right at hand which is better suited to the SLI rig than the 520
First thing I wanted to do was get the PSU in place to make sure of avoiding conflicts in routing later.
I was not entirely satisfied with the Velcro mounting so I will be adding a bracket.
If it's okay with QuakeMazer I'll use a couple of these nice barbs Iandh made...
I want this loop to be anything but loopy. I'll be using a few elbows and tees but keeping the lines short.
After talking with QuakeMazer I decided to go ahead and try out an idea I have for the RaptorX. These mounts are excellent for Raptors as they cushion the drive which makes it run better and last longeer and less noisy.
I needed to internally mount the reservoir where I can make a little porthole in the side panel. I wanted to locate it out of the way of the GFX cards and take advantage of the existing holes in the case.
After drilling some holes in the bay supports I positioned the RaptorX as low as possible while still leaving room fr the cabling .
The bay cover plates frame the drive but that's just the first step.
Since I had to go out to the shop to cut some acrylic anyway I went ahead and modified the reservoir.
I drilled it with an 11.8mm bit and then tapped it for G1/4
I went ahead and got the lines to length for the start of the loop. I will make up some aluminum brackets t support the pump so it is not a strain on the reservoir.
These lovely elbows come form Martinm210. He actualy mills tiny ridges on the inserts for a secure leakfree connection. These elbows are about as restrictive as a foot of tubing.
The pump hangs of the reservoir for now to let me get a start on this loop. I'll be giving the SLI GPUs and the CPU seperate returns.
Before I get into mounting the motherboard and all that I need to rough out the lines and drill and holes I might need for the stealthed cabling job to follow. I have a pretty good guess as to where the MCW60R waterblocks will terminate and can always adjust the tubing to suit the actual location...but this is the basic loop. Short of building a manifold to supply the three blocks this is as sanitary a layout as you might want.
Using Martin's T's and L's... It's a shame to use clamps they look really good like that.
So that's as far as I will go with the loop until I get some holes drilled for the cabling.
Now to turn my attention to this lovely piece of hardware. I ordered a back mount cooler from NewEgg that can be added a little later.
Heres the window for the drive. I cut a panel to fit slightly oversize in the vertical dimension and grooved it to be trapped by the bay covers.
Like this. It's a firm mechanical fit.
But this needs to be a little toned down. I need to frame the Raptor in a porthole to match the reservoir porthole.
My high tech measuring device.
Cut to snap into the space and polished up.
It's exactly what I had in mind.
So tomorrow I will fabricate the pump and radiator brackets and mount them and sort the cabling and devise some way to control the case and radiator fans. QuakeMazer doesn't want a lot of bright lights so I was thinking about de-LEDing a pair of Sunbeam 4 pot bay devices and drilling a pair of the Temjin bay covers for just the knobs. The Sunbeams are excellent controllers and the black knobs are the same finish as the case. We'll see.