ASUS P5E Overclock New Settings
Increased CPU by 23.1%, 3DMark Vantage by 20.1%, at a cost of 10.45% increase in heat and decrease in DRAM speed of 24%.
- P5E BIOS Version: 1003
- Intel Q9450
- 4x1GB OCZ Reaper PC2-9200
- ATI Radeon HD4870X2
- Stock: 2.66GHz @ 333Mhz FSB/1066Mhz DRAM
- 3DMark Vantage: 11389
- Prime95 15hrs...
- Temps: 34C Idle, 60C 100% Load.
- Last OC: 3.46GHz @ 431Mhz FSB/862Mhz DRAM (23.1% CPU Increase, 24% DRAM decrease)
- 3DMark Vantage: 14257 (20.1% Increase)
- Prime95: 11hrs and counting...
- Temps: 37C Idle, 71C 100% Load (10.45% Increase).
Note 1: Failures during OC with FSB:RAM ratio > 1:1.
Note 2: Setting CPU Ratio = 6x does not fix current failures.
- Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
- CPU Ratio: Auto
- FSB Frequency: 431
- DRAM Frequency: 862
- DRAM Timing Control: Manual
- DRAM Timing: 5-5-5-18
- CPU Ratio Setting: Auto
- FSB Strap to NB: Auto
- DRAM Command Rate: Auto (CPU-Z says 2T)
- DRAM Static Read Control: Disabled
- Ai Clock Twister: Light
- Transaction Booster: Disabled
- Relax Level: 3
- VCore Voltage: 1.38v
- CPU PLL Voltage: Auto
- FSB Termination Voltage: Auto
- DRAM Voltage: 1.96v
- NB Voltage: 1.45v
- SB Voltage: Auto
- CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
- PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled
Thanks everyone for your help, this is huge progress from where I was at 2 days ago.
Just waiting for the new RAM to see if I can get past this FSB:RAM ratio problem.