Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › EVGA 780i Overclocking Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EVGA 780i Overclocking Guide - Page 56

post #551 of 1607
do you guys use the antec spot cool to push air in or pull air out?
The Cooler
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 GO EVGA 780i 2 x EVGA 8800 gts 512 OCZ 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x WD-150 raptor (raid 0) 2 x Samsung SH-S203N XP Pro 64bit ACER 22 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech CM Real Power Pro 1000 CM Stacker 830 SE Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
The Cooler
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 GO EVGA 780i 2 x EVGA 8800 gts 512 OCZ 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x WD-150 raptor (raid 0) 2 x Samsung SH-S203N XP Pro 64bit ACER 22 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech CM Real Power Pro 1000 CM Stacker 830 SE Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #552 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangkim73 View Post
do you guys use the antec spot cool to push air in or pull air out?
I use mine to push air onto the NB.
Media Master
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 970 Gigabyte X58 GeForce 550 Ti Gskill Ripjaw 6 x 4gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB, 2TB Internal, 6TB External Lite-On 12x Blu-ray Burner Win7 Home Premium 64bit Sharp Aquos 65" LCD 
PowerCase
Seasonic 850w nMediaPC 6000B 
  hide details  
Reply
Media Master
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 970 Gigabyte X58 GeForce 550 Ti Gskill Ripjaw 6 x 4gb DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB, 2TB Internal, 6TB External Lite-On 12x Blu-ray Burner Win7 Home Premium 64bit Sharp Aquos 65" LCD 
PowerCase
Seasonic 850w nMediaPC 6000B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #553 of 1607
push as well
Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6800K Asus X99-A II Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Quad  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Corsair H100i V2 - w/ML120 Pro Fans Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Merc  EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 450D Mionix Naos 8200 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Inwin Batmat Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
Murder Box II
(18 items)
 
Home PC
(15 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6800K Asus X99-A II Zotac 1080Ti AMP Extreme Edition G. Skill Trident Z - 32GB/ 3200Hz/CL14/Quad  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB Corsair H100i V2 - w/ML120 Pro Fans Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Acer Z35P 1440P G-Sync 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries Merc  EVGA Supernova G2 1000W Corsair 450D Mionix Naos 8200 
Mouse PadAudioAudioOther
Inwin Batmat Aluminum Sound Blaster Z Logitech Z906 - 5.1 Maxnomic Commander S-III Gaming Chair 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G3440 Asus B85M-E/CSM EVGA GTX 950 Patriot Viper 3 - 2x8GB 1600hz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung EVO 850 - 500GB + 4TB/3TB x 2/2TB WD Green LG CH12LS28 Bluray Scythe Big Shuriken 2 w/Corsair SP120 Fan Windows 10 64 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 75" TV.... GooBang Doo MX3 Corsair CX430 V2 NMEDIAPC HTPC 6000B w/ Pro LCD Module 
Mouse
GooBang Doo MX3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #554 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robilar View Post
Sorry, I keep mixing you up with Nuclearjock...
Lol no problems.

Anyway do I increase the SPP or MCP voltage for NB? I know it's usually MCP but it starts at 1.5V...... quite confusing.
Powder Keg
(22 items)
 
 
Flippin' Sony
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K Gigabyte X99M Gaming 5 Sapphire R9 295X2 32GB (4x 8GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
(4x) Seagate Constellation CS 3TB [RAID-5] Swiftech Apogee Drive II Black Ice Nemesis 120GTS Black Ice Nemesis 240GTS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Koolance VID-AR295X2 Windows 8.1 Pro Dell U3011 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V750 Bitfenix Phenom Nvidia Edition (debadged) Logitech G700 Corsair MM600 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Beyerdynamic T1 Onkyo A-905FX2 Onkyo D-152E 
AudioOther
Astro Mixamp AVerMedia Live Gamer HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4278U Apple Intel Iris 5100 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
256GB PCIe SSD OS X Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 2560x1600 "Retina" display Apple 
PowerCaseAudio
MagSafe 2 power adapter Aluminum unibody Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4500U Sony NVIDIA GT 735M Patriot 2x 8GB DDR3-1600 1.35V 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
Samsung 830 256GB Windows 8.1 Pro Sony 1080p IPS w/ N-Trig digitizer Razer Orochi 2013 
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 
  hide details  
Reply
Powder Keg
(22 items)
 
 
Flippin' Sony
(9 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5820K Gigabyte X99M Gaming 5 Sapphire R9 295X2 32GB (4x 8GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
(4x) Seagate Constellation CS 3TB [RAID-5] Swiftech Apogee Drive II Black Ice Nemesis 120GTS Black Ice Nemesis 240GTS 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Koolance VID-AR295X2 Windows 8.1 Pro Dell U3011 Logitech G710+ 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master V750 Bitfenix Phenom Nvidia Edition (debadged) Logitech G700 Corsair MM600 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Creative Sound Blaster ZxR Beyerdynamic T1 Onkyo A-905FX2 Onkyo D-152E 
AudioOther
Astro Mixamp AVerMedia Live Gamer HD 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-4278U Apple Intel Iris 5100 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
256GB PCIe SSD OS X Yosemite 13.3" LED-backlit 2560x1600 "Retina" display Apple 
PowerCaseAudio
MagSafe 2 power adapter Aluminum unibody Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4500U Sony NVIDIA GT 735M Patriot 2x 8GB DDR3-1600 1.35V 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMouse
Samsung 830 256GB Windows 8.1 Pro Sony 1080p IPS w/ N-Trig digitizer Razer Orochi 2013 
Audio
Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #555 of 1607
Well, after reading the eVGA forum, it appears my random BSOD's are not isolated just to me. I recently built a new rig using the eVGA 780i motherboard using Vista-64 bit.

I was getting random BSOD's out the ying yang. It didn't like something with my SATA DVD player. It would BSOD booting into Windows, while in Windows, getting out of Windows, etc. It was happening randomly too frequent. I disconnected the SATA DVD drive and no more BSOD's.

Reconnected the SATA DVD drive back onto the motherboard using a different SATA cable and a different SATA port. Started experiencing immediate BSOD's.

Disconnected the SATA DVD drive and no more BSOD's. At this point, I thought it could be 2 things:

1) bad SATA DVD drive
2) bad motherboard

Next day I went to Fry's to pick up another SATA DVD drive from a different manufacturer. It didn't help. Now I'm thinking it was the motherboard. However, it was going to be a PTA for me to undo everything and take the motherboard back to Microcenter.

I decided to reformat the drive and install Vista-32 bit last night to make sure it wasn't due to compatability issues with 64 bit version of Vista.

I thought the problem had disappeared last night because I didn't experience any BSOD's for about an hour before I decided to hit the sack. I thought it might have been the OS.

Well, I experienced another BSOD this morning. It's not as frequent as before, but I'm still getting BSOD's.

This board might be going back to Microcenter if I can't get a solution.

Tae

PS Does anyone know I can confirm if the P03 BIOS update took or not? I used a CD to the update and it looked like it took, but I just want to confirm.
New Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600/3.2GHz/1.375V@BIOS eVGA 780i eVGA 8800GTX G.Skill/4x2GB/4-4-4-10-2T/800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.11/1TB Samsung 20X DVD XP/Vista 64-bit/Working on OSx86 Samsung 2693HM - 25.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse PC Power & Cooling 750W Antec P182 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600/3.2GHz/1.375V@BIOS eVGA 780i eVGA 8800GTX G.Skill/4x2GB/4-4-4-10-2T/800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.11/1TB Samsung 20X DVD XP/Vista 64-bit/Working on OSx86 Samsung 2693HM - 25.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse PC Power & Cooling 750W Antec P182 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #556 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearCrap View Post
Lol no problems.

Anyway do I increase the SPP or MCP voltage for NB? I know it's usually MCP but it starts at 1.5V...... quite confusing.
SPP is NB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tae View Post
Well, after reading the eVGA forum, it appears my random BSOD's are not isolated just to me. I recently built a new rig using the eVGA 780i motherboard using Vista-64 bit.

I was getting random BSOD's out the ying yang. It didn't like something with my SATA DVD player. It would BSOD booting into Windows, while in Windows, getting out of Windows, etc. It was happening randomly too frequent. I disconnected the SATA DVD drive and no more BSOD's.

Reconnected the SATA DVD drive back onto the motherboard using a different SATA cable and a different SATA port. Started experiencing immediate BSOD's.

Disconnected the SATA DVD drive and no more BSOD's. At this point, I thought it could be 2 things:

1) bad SATA DVD drive
2) bad motherboard

Next day I went to Fry's to pick up another SATA DVD drive from a different manufacturer. It didn't help. Now I'm thinking it was the motherboard. However, it was going to be a PTA for me to undo everything and take the motherboard back to Microcenter.

I decided to reformat the drive and install Vista-32 bit last night to make sure it wasn't due to compatability issues with 64 bit version of Vista.

I thought the problem had disappeared last night because I didn't experience any BSOD's for about an hour before I decided to hit the sack. I thought it might have been the OS.

Well, I experienced another BSOD this morning. It's not as frequent as before, but I'm still getting BSOD's.

This board might be going back to Microcenter if I can't get a solution.

Tae

PS Does anyone know I can confirm if the P03 BIOS update took or not? I used a CD to the update and it looked like it took, but I just want to confirm.
Disable logo during POST in BIOS.
Trouble
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9650 EVGA 790i@P07 3X EVGA GTX280 4X 1GB OCZ DDR3 14400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X 74GB Raptor Raid 0/(2)2X WD320 Raid 0 2X Samsung 18XDVDRW XP32/ViPre64/ViBas64 Dell 3007WFP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg TT TP 1200W Lian-Li 343B MS TBall Optical/MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
Trouble
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9650 EVGA 790i@P07 3X EVGA GTX280 4X 1GB OCZ DDR3 14400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X 74GB Raptor Raid 0/(2)2X WD320 Raid 0 2X Samsung 18XDVDRW XP32/ViPre64/ViBas64 Dell 3007WFP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg TT TP 1200W Lian-Li 343B MS TBall Optical/MX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #557 of 1607
I don't see when it boots up where the bios version is either lol...
post #558 of 1607
@tae:

I had similar trouble and was scratching my head. After realizing that changing sata ports seemed to help, I returned the board for another and it has been smooth sailing. One other thing that helped was leaving out the nvidia sata driver. if this doesn't work you may have a bum board.
gl
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4820k Asus P9X79 evga GTX 780 Ti 16GB GSkill 2400 C10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
240GB Neutron GTX, 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 x 3, S... Noctua NH-D13 Win7 Ent. 7601 . x64 Asus VG248 24" kill more| TCL 42" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SS 6G V2 Ultra X3 1kW CM 690 Zowie AM 
Mouse PadAudio
Shiden Mid L external DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 4820k Asus P9X79 evga GTX 780 Ti 16GB GSkill 2400 C10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
240GB Neutron GTX, 1.5TB Seagate 7200.11 x 3, S... Noctua NH-D13 Win7 Ent. 7601 . x64 Asus VG248 24" kill more| TCL 42" LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SS 6G V2 Ultra X3 1kW CM 690 Zowie AM 
Mouse PadAudio
Shiden Mid L external DAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #559 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlratt View Post
SPP is NB.


Disable logo during POST in BIOS.
Unfortunately, it's been disabled the whole time.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Tae
New Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600/3.2GHz/1.375V@BIOS eVGA 780i eVGA 8800GTX G.Skill/4x2GB/4-4-4-10-2T/800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.11/1TB Samsung 20X DVD XP/Vista 64-bit/Working on OSx86 Samsung 2693HM - 25.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse PC Power & Cooling 750W Antec P182 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600/3.2GHz/1.375V@BIOS eVGA 780i eVGA 8800GTX G.Skill/4x2GB/4-4-4-10-2T/800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.11/1TB Samsung 20X DVD XP/Vista 64-bit/Working on OSx86 Samsung 2693HM - 25.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse PC Power & Cooling 750W Antec P182 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #560 of 1607
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeRY View Post
@tae:

I had similar trouble and was scratching my head. After realizing that changing sata ports seemed to help, I returned the board for another and it has been smooth sailing. One other thing that helped was leaving out the nvidia sata driver. if this doesn't work you may have a bum board.
gl
So no more BSOD's with the new board or just less frequent?

Thanks,

Tae
New Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600/3.2GHz/1.375V@BIOS eVGA 780i eVGA 8800GTX G.Skill/4x2GB/4-4-4-10-2T/800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.11/1TB Samsung 20X DVD XP/Vista 64-bit/Working on OSx86 Samsung 2693HM - 25.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse PC Power & Cooling 750W Antec P182 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600/3.2GHz/1.375V@BIOS eVGA 780i eVGA 8800GTX G.Skill/4x2GB/4-4-4-10-2T/800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.11/1TB Samsung 20X DVD XP/Vista 64-bit/Working on OSx86 Samsung 2693HM - 25.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse PC Power & Cooling 750W Antec P182 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › EVGA 780i Overclocking Guide