Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Networking & Security › Class Action Lawsuit Against Clearwire!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Class Action Lawsuit Against Clearwire!

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
Just found this website for starting a Class Action Lawsuit against Clearwire, and sent in my info. Clearwire is teh worst ISP I've ever seen or dealt with. I would almost rather have dial-up.
http://clearwireclassaction.com/

So, anyone here that's got Clearwire for an ISP and doesn't like them, SIGN UP! Even if you used to have Clearwire, and don't anymore, SIGN UP! If you don't have Clearwire, get it so you can join us in this lawsuit! (j/k)


Quote:
Clearwire is a company based in Kirkland, Washington, and claims to provide reliable, high speed Internet service. In many cases, the Internet service they provide is neither reliable nor high speed. In other cases, contracts have been sold in areas where towers are over-capacity or even non-existent. If you have had problems with your Clearwire service, and Clearwire will not let you out of your contract, you are not alone.
post #2 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtSpike View Post
Just found this website for starting a Class Action Lawsuit against Clearwire, and sent in my info. Clearwire is teh worst ISP I've ever seen or dealt with. I would almost rather have dial-up.
http://clearwireclassaction.com/

So, anyone here that's got Clearwire for an ISP and doesn't like them, SIGN UP! Even if you used to have Clearwire, and don't anymore, SIGN UP! If you don't have Clearwire, get it so you can join us in this lawsuit! (j/k)
What's bad about clearwire Spike??? My company actually invested a lot of money into clearwire hoping it would flourish in rural areas over satellite internet. I think the tech behind it (the 30 mile wifi from 1 tower is cool) is cool, so what's your actual problem?? Have tech issues or Cust Service issues?
Furian
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 6000+ BE Biostar T720 Saphire 4870 1GB 2 Gig DDR2 800mhz - Gskill 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
XP Pro - SP3 Acer 22w Logitech G15 V1 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
Furian
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 6000+ BE Biostar T720 Saphire 4870 1GB 2 Gig DDR2 800mhz - Gskill 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
XP Pro - SP3 Acer 22w Logitech G15 V1 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 11
well considering the fact that my 3mb internet runs at about 1mb according to speed test and i lost signal for hours on end everyday. they suck
post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatesFury View Post
What's bad about clearwire Spike??? My company actually invested a lot of money into clearwire hoping it would flourish in rural areas over satellite internet. I think the tech behind it (the 30 mile wifi from 1 tower is cool) is cool, so what's your actual problem?? Have tech issues or Cust Service issues?
Meh, it's everything.
  • Their salesmen lie (told me Clearwire was excellent for gaming, whilst several Clearwire techs told me that Clearwire doesn't support gaming at all).
  • The connection is terrible, is slow (often times 1/4 or less of the speed they advertise I will get, even though I paid for the "higher speed" 1.5mbps connection.
  • Latencies go up in the 800-900's often when I try to play multiplayer games online. It makes them virtually unplayable.\\
  • Their tech support is useless. I tried to ask them why my connection speed would go in and out, and latencies were high, and all I could get out of them after an hour-long conversation was to clear my ARP Cache. It doesn't help.
  • They make you sign a contract to get service, and charge you $200 for an early termination fee if you want to get out of it. They even charge this fee if THEY terminate the contract because YOU were downloading too much stuff (in their opinion, of course)!
  • They auto-renew this horrid contract unless the customer lets them know 30 days in advance of the expiration that they would not want to renew the contract. There is report after report of customers still getting charged the $200 cancellation fee even after cancelling it in the appropriate manner.
On that note, I'm sorry to hear your company invested money into Clearwire. The idea of Clearwire is excellent, the execution of that idea is absolutely horrid. The executives at Clearwire should go to jail for fraud and deception.
post #5 of 11
fury read the link and they knid of explain it at least.
just a little quote for you though

Quote:
Clearwire is a company based in Kirkland, Washington, and claims to provide reliable, high speed Internet service. In many cases, the Internet service they provide is neither reliable nor high speed. In other cases, contracts have been sold in areas where towers are over-capacity or even non-existent. If you have had problems with your Clearwire service, and Clearwire will not let you out of your contract, you are not alone.
but yeah read the link for the rest of the details.
compy jr
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
xeon 3350 at 3.6ghz Asus P5k-dlx HIS 7970 @ 1150/1900 Lots of them.  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
vista ultimate x64/xp sp3 compaq 21" junk dell keyboard corsair tx850m 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
upgraded metal box You don't need a mouse Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
compy jr
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
xeon 3350 at 3.6ghz Asus P5k-dlx HIS 7970 @ 1150/1900 Lots of them.  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
vista ultimate x64/xp sp3 compaq 21" junk dell keyboard corsair tx850m 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
upgraded metal box You don't need a mouse Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertrixter View Post
well considering the fact that my 3mb internet runs at about 1mb according to speed test and i lost signal for hours on end everyday. they suck
Sign up man!
post #7 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7speed View Post
fury read the link and they knid of explain it at least.
just a little quote for you though


but yeah read the link for the rest of the details.
Good call quoting that... I put it in my OP.
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7speed View Post
fury read the link and they knid of explain it at least.
just a little quote for you though


but yeah read the link for the rest of the details.
i'm at work and the web filter pwns ALOT of stuff lol.
I also wanted SPIKES reasons more than the "generilizations" i knew would be in the lawsuit.

As far as the investment, it's no biggy. We've invested in "alternative" broadband before just to watch it fail. We have a very progressive CEO who will go out on a limb to try to get behind new tech before other companies. It's paid off more often than it's hurt us, so i'm still behind him.
Furian
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 6000+ BE Biostar T720 Saphire 4870 1GB 2 Gig DDR2 800mhz - Gskill 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
XP Pro - SP3 Acer 22w Logitech G15 V1 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
Furian
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 6000+ BE Biostar T720 Saphire 4870 1GB 2 Gig DDR2 800mhz - Gskill 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
XP Pro - SP3 Acer 22w Logitech G15 V1 Logitech G9 
Mouse Pad
Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 11
it's cool as I have a lot of the same problem with internet blocking stuff or at least making it very slow. just didn't think of it then as that site loaded fine.
compy jr
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
xeon 3350 at 3.6ghz Asus P5k-dlx HIS 7970 @ 1150/1900 Lots of them.  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
vista ultimate x64/xp sp3 compaq 21" junk dell keyboard corsair tx850m 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
upgraded metal box You don't need a mouse Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
compy jr
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
xeon 3350 at 3.6ghz Asus P5k-dlx HIS 7970 @ 1150/1900 Lots of them.  
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
vista ultimate x64/xp sp3 compaq 21" junk dell keyboard corsair tx850m 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
upgraded metal box You don't need a mouse Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 11
Motorola Canopy for the win.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 Asus Maximus III Formula ASUS 5870 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25-M 80GB, 1TB WD Black Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Asus VW246H Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX620 Antec 300 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 Asus Maximus III Formula ASUS 5870 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25-M 80GB, 1TB WD Black Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit Asus VW246H Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX620 Antec 300 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Networking & Security
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Networking & Security › Class Action Lawsuit Against Clearwire!