Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › We Are the Red Tide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

We Are the Red Tide - Page 54

post #531 of 4491
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfiteer View Post
Straight up, put me up on there, I ran Crysis On medium with a x800xl (that doenst even support SM 3.0). True I was only getting 30fps Average, and sometimes would drop down as low as 13-14fps, but I still played, beat, and highly enjoyed the game.
I play COD4 on HIGH, with everything turned up, (expect Dynamic lighting) at 1024x768 with that x800xl, GOTA love it!
Planning to get a 4870 when I gots the money.
Currently running an x800xt on one computer, and that same old x800xl on another pc
Your X800XL actually played Crysis at 30fps? What resolution and settings?

I had a X800XL that was replaced by my 7600GT- which chokes on nearly anything higher than 800x600 medium/low settings for newer games like Crysis, STALKER, and COD4.
SLACR Formula
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR L727A903 1.2875VID (450*8)@1.40V Maximus Rampage X38 Visiontek HD4870(512) 825/1100 4x1G Elpida E5108AJBG 8E 1128MHz 4-5-5-15 PL6 2.1V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6X 500Gb 7200.12: 4X & 2X RAID 0 arrays Memorex 52X/Pioneer 16x CD/DVDRW Host:Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 Guest:Ubuntu Linux 2x Samsung 941BW 4ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Ergonomic 4000 Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Silverstone TEMJIN06 B/W MS 3button optical 
Mouse Pad
none baby......they suck 
  hide details  
Reply
SLACR Formula
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR L727A903 1.2875VID (450*8)@1.40V Maximus Rampage X38 Visiontek HD4870(512) 825/1100 4x1G Elpida E5108AJBG 8E 1128MHz 4-5-5-15 PL6 2.1V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6X 500Gb 7200.12: 4X & 2X RAID 0 arrays Memorex 52X/Pioneer 16x CD/DVDRW Host:Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 Guest:Ubuntu Linux 2x Samsung 941BW 4ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Ergonomic 4000 Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Silverstone TEMJIN06 B/W MS 3button optical 
Mouse Pad
none baby......they suck 
  hide details  
Reply
post #532 of 4491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth0789 View Post
Seems pretty long that there wasn't an update..
List should be updated by Wednsday.
post #533 of 4491
Sorry, accidental post.
Edited by Anqt31 - 6/29/08 at 7:56pm
post #534 of 4491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravin View Post
Your X800XL actually played Crysis at 30fps? What resolution and settings?

I had a X800XL that was replaced by my 7600GT- which chokes on nearly anything higher than 800x600 medium/low settings for newer games like Crysis, STALKER, and COD4.
a 7600gt has a 128bit memory interface versus the 256bit on the x800xl, and the x800xl has a 400mhz core, and a 500mhz (1000 DDR). all in all its much more powerful than the 7600gt. Only thing no shader model 3.0 support. and I ran crysis on medium at 1024x768. On a 939 SC 3800+ 2.4ghz Athlon, I did have 2gigs of ram, that might of helped. But because of the shader model I did have some graphical glitches, like the smoke from the warships, and well any kind of dynamic smoke in the game just appeared like grey blocks to me. But that wasnt a big issue.

I am playing STALKER right now on a x800xt, on HIGH (4x AA, Grass, and viewing distance all the way up, and anisotropic filtering at 8x) at 800x600, getting 50fps average, only time I have ever dropped bellow 30fps is when I am in the BAR, and my X800XL runs COD4 Flawlessly with everything turned up at 1024x768.


if my cards had SM3.0 i wouldn't even consider upgrading right now, but because of this I cant play Bioshock, or Mass Effect, which are 2 games I really want to play.
Steam Machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K @4Ghz ASrock z77 Extreme 4 R9 260 16gb G.Skill Ripjaw @1800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Plata None Air Win7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" Widescreen ACER Uberclocked!! Antec 550W Basiq Lian Li Custom 
MouseMouse Pad
W-i-P W-i-P 
  hide details  
Reply
Steam Machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K @4Ghz ASrock z77 Extreme 4 R9 260 16gb G.Skill Ripjaw @1800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Plata None Air Win7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" Widescreen ACER Uberclocked!! Antec 550W Basiq Lian Li Custom 
MouseMouse Pad
W-i-P W-i-P 
  hide details  
Reply
post #535 of 4491
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheProfiteer View Post
a 7600gt has a 128bit memory interface versus the 256bit on the x800xl, and the x800xl has a 400mhz core, and a 500mhz (1000 DDR). all in all its much more powerful than the 7600gt. Only thing no shader model 3.0 support. and I ran crysis on medium at 1024x768. On a 939 SC 3800+ 2.4ghz Athlon, I did have 2gigs of ram, that might of helped. But because of the shader model I did have some graphical glitches, like the smoke from the warships, and well any kind of dynamic smoke in the game just appeared like grey blocks to me. But that wasnt a big issue.

I am playing STALKER right now on a x800xt, on HIGH (4x AA, Grass, and viewing distance all the way up, and anisotropic filtering at 8x) at 800x600, getting 50fps average, only time I have ever dropped bellow 30fps is when I am in the BAR, and my X800XL runs COD4 Flawlessly with everything turned up at 1024x768.


if my cards had SM3.0 i wouldn't even consider upgrading right now, but because of this I cant play Bioshock, or Mass Effect, which are 2 games I really want to play.
On paper the X800XL should be a somewhat more powerful card, however I found that it by far lacked the real world performance I was expecting. Interesting to note I was upgraded from the standard X800XL to a Fatal1ty X800XL after my 3rd RMA which was factory OC'd with dual BIOS for 425/475 cores (I forget the memory settings.) IMO it was a bigger POS than the standard model- the 425MHz core was almost stable, and the 475MHz setting was unusable.

The 7600GT actually has been a comperable if not slightly better card IMO- not that I was intending it as an upgrade when I bought it, just something comperable performance-wise to "temporarily" replace the X800XL which had been RMAd 5 times already and was on it's 6th.

I ended up keeping the 7600GT because the benchmarks between the 2 were of neglegable difference, and I was seeing better FRAPS in games I was playing at the time with the 7600GT. At any rate I have not been truly happy with any videocard I've bought since my Ti4600. I'm looking forward to the HD4870.
SLACR Formula
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR L727A903 1.2875VID (450*8)@1.40V Maximus Rampage X38 Visiontek HD4870(512) 825/1100 4x1G Elpida E5108AJBG 8E 1128MHz 4-5-5-15 PL6 2.1V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6X 500Gb 7200.12: 4X & 2X RAID 0 arrays Memorex 52X/Pioneer 16x CD/DVDRW Host:Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 Guest:Ubuntu Linux 2x Samsung 941BW 4ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Ergonomic 4000 Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Silverstone TEMJIN06 B/W MS 3button optical 
Mouse Pad
none baby......they suck 
  hide details  
Reply
SLACR Formula
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 SLACR L727A903 1.2875VID (450*8)@1.40V Maximus Rampage X38 Visiontek HD4870(512) 825/1100 4x1G Elpida E5108AJBG 8E 1128MHz 4-5-5-15 PL6 2.1V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
6X 500Gb 7200.12: 4X & 2X RAID 0 arrays Memorex 52X/Pioneer 16x CD/DVDRW Host:Vista Ultimate X64 SP1 Guest:Ubuntu Linux 2x Samsung 941BW 4ms LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Ergonomic 4000 Thermaltake Toughpower 700W Silverstone TEMJIN06 B/W MS 3button optical 
Mouse Pad
none baby......they suck 
  hide details  
Reply
post #536 of 4491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravin View Post
On paper the X800XL should be a somewhat more powerful card, however I found that it by far lacked the real world performance I was expecting. Interesting to note I was upgraded from the standard X800XL to a Fatal1ty X800XL after my 3rd RMA which was factory OC'd with dual BIOS for 425/475 cores (I forget the memory settings.) IMO it was a bigger POS than the standard model- the 425MHz core was almost stable, and the 475MHz setting was unusable.

The 7600GT actually has been a comperable if not slightly better card IMO- not that I was intending it as an upgrade when I bought it, just something comperable performance-wise to "temporarily" replace the X800XL which had been RMAd 5 times already and was on it's 6th.

I ended up keeping the 7600GT because the benchmarks between the 2 were of neglegable difference, and I was seeing better FRAPS in games I was playing at the time with the 7600GT. At any rate I have not been truly happy with any videocard I've bought since my Ti4600. I'm looking forward to the HD4870.
Well I dont know, I bought my x800xl when ATi was still ATi, so I got the "made by ATi" card. I have not had a single problem with it for the last 3 years, and doing a decent bit of gaming. Its weak card by todays standards no doubt,, but back then it was a solid contender and was relatively cheaper than the NVIDEA counterpart, still it ran the OPENGL games of the time with ease, like DOOM3 and Prey.

I don't have any experience with NVIDIA cards as of late, last NVIDIA card I owned was a TNT2 32mb, when it was still usable too, I played Baldur's Gate on that card.

I can take some screen shots of COD4 for ya, on my x800xt, if you want to see how it looks with the FPS that I am getting.
Steam Machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K @4Ghz ASrock z77 Extreme 4 R9 260 16gb G.Skill Ripjaw @1800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Plata None Air Win7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" Widescreen ACER Uberclocked!! Antec 550W Basiq Lian Li Custom 
MouseMouse Pad
W-i-P W-i-P 
  hide details  
Reply
Steam Machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570K @4Ghz ASrock z77 Extreme 4 R9 260 16gb G.Skill Ripjaw @1800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Plata None Air Win7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" Widescreen ACER Uberclocked!! Antec 550W Basiq Lian Li Custom 
MouseMouse Pad
W-i-P W-i-P 
  hide details  
Reply
post #537 of 4491
I'll tell you what...I was expecting UBER benchmarks from the 8800GTX in the Cosmos rig I just built. But at stock speed the HD3870X2 is 3K above it in 06. Not that 3Dmark scores are everything...but they do give a rough aproximation of performance in real gaming. Of course each game will play differently on each brand of card...but if you have $400 to spend on a single card it hardly makes sense to ignore ATI...for whatever reason Nvidia (perhaps banking on their years of dominance in the market) feels justified in pricing their product higher depite no longer being "better" in every regard.

I have owned cards from both MFRs and built plenty of Nv rigs for people...but I have always liked the way the ATI cards looked ooon the display...even when they had terrible drivers and support, a less powerful product and generally cost more than I feel they should they still look great in 2D . I like how they look at deskstop lol. And since I spend most of my time working in 2D not 3D it's important to me when it comes to working with photos and stuff.

I wanted to thank Anqt31 for compiling the list of Tiders and really appreciate his help as I am up to my ears in shop work these days.

Rock on!
Shop Dog
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 Asus Blitz Formula SE HD3870X2 G Skill 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Velociraptor 150GB LG DVD Burner Vista Ultimate 64 AOC 21.5" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend Silverstone 750 Modular OverClock Edition Lian Li V1100 Logitech Trackball 
Mouse Pad
Nope 
  hide details  
Reply
Shop Dog
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 Asus Blitz Formula SE HD3870X2 G Skill 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Velociraptor 150GB LG DVD Burner Vista Ultimate 64 AOC 21.5" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend Silverstone 750 Modular OverClock Edition Lian Li V1100 Logitech Trackball 
Mouse Pad
Nope 
  hide details  
Reply
post #538 of 4491
I gotta get in on this - Sapphire 3870 Toxic 512MB ftw
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 MSI P45 Neo3-FR Sapphire 3870 Toxic 512MB G.Skill 4GBPQ DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB WD3200AAKS / 500GB External 20x Lite-On Lightscribe Windows Vista Home Premium x64 SP-1 Westinghouse 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Access 600 500w Enermax Liberty Coolermaster CM590 Logitech MX500 
Mouse Pad
A blue one. 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 MSI P45 Neo3-FR Sapphire 3870 Toxic 512MB G.Skill 4GBPQ DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
320GB WD3200AAKS / 500GB External 20x Lite-On Lightscribe Windows Vista Home Premium x64 SP-1 Westinghouse 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Access 600 500w Enermax Liberty Coolermaster CM590 Logitech MX500 
Mouse Pad
A blue one. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #539 of 4491
That is a crazed avatar.
Shop Dog
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 Asus Blitz Formula SE HD3870X2 G Skill 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Velociraptor 150GB LG DVD Burner Vista Ultimate 64 AOC 21.5" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend Silverstone 750 Modular OverClock Edition Lian Li V1100 Logitech Trackball 
Mouse Pad
Nope 
  hide details  
Reply
Shop Dog
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8400 Asus Blitz Formula SE HD3870X2 G Skill 2 x 2GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Velociraptor 150GB LG DVD Burner Vista Ultimate 64 AOC 21.5" LED 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend Silverstone 750 Modular OverClock Edition Lian Li V1100 Logitech Trackball 
Mouse Pad
Nope 
  hide details  
Reply
post #540 of 4491
can i join?
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5680@4.8GHz 192x25x1.47v EVGA X58 Classified(E759) EVGA GTX980 Ti SLI @1515/8400 6x4GB GSkill Ripjaws@1540 8-8-8-20-2T-1.55v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB/OS Corsair Force LS 60GB/PAGE Toshiba 4TB/GAMES CPU-EK Supremacy 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
MB-EK FB Classified GPU-EK FC TitanX/Backplates Rad-Swiftech 360mm MCR-320/Pump Rad-Barrow 280mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Ram-Corsair 2x60mm Resevoir-Barrow 250x50mm Misc-6x120mm/2x140mm/NZXT Sentry,Barrow 3/8 fit... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50'' 3840x2160 30hz Logitech G110 EVGA Supernova G2 1300 Lian Li PC-A77F 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Logitech G9x Xtrac Ripper XL Logitech G27 Logitech G940 
Other
Xbox One controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5680@4.8GHz 192x25x1.47v EVGA X58 Classified(E759) EVGA GTX980 Ti SLI @1515/8400 6x4GB GSkill Ripjaws@1540 8-8-8-20-2T-1.55v 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Corsair Force GT 120GB/OS Corsair Force LS 60GB/PAGE Toshiba 4TB/GAMES CPU-EK Supremacy 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
MB-EK FB Classified GPU-EK FC TitanX/Backplates Rad-Swiftech 360mm MCR-320/Pump Rad-Barrow 280mm 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Ram-Corsair 2x60mm Resevoir-Barrow 250x50mm Misc-6x120mm/2x140mm/NZXT Sentry,Barrow 3/8 fit... Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Seiki 50'' 3840x2160 30hz Logitech G110 EVGA Supernova G2 1300 Lian Li PC-A77F 
MouseMouse PadOtherOther
Logitech G9x Xtrac Ripper XL Logitech G27 Logitech G940 
Other
Xbox One controller 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › We Are the Red Tide