Gosh, my poor head is stuffed with new OC knowledge and weird acronyms are oozing out of my nose. I've been reading the newbie OC guides all day can only process so much. So it is time to ask you guys
In a nut shell, I can't push my reference clock past 235MHz. I have been playing TF2 for two hours now with no problem at 234. At 235 I get problems like:
1. Computer reboots before or just after the Windows password screen
2. Reboots while loading games
3. Locks up and gives me "memory cannot be accessed" messages while gaming
1. Idle proc temp is about 46 C when clock is at 234
2. When I ran Prime95 temp spiked to 87! So I turned it off real quick.
Things I tried that did not help problem:
1. Raising and lowering CPU Voltage
2. Lowering HTT multiplier from 4 to 3
From what I have read I should expect to be able to push this particular processor to at least 2.4, if not much higher. I suspect that my problem is timing related and not temperature since it is so hinged on the 235 number.
What do you guys think? Can you point me down any particular paths of inquiry to more quickly bypass this hurtle?