Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › The Socket 939 Appreciation Club and Knowledgebase [Official]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Socket 939 Appreciation Club and Knowledgebase [Official] - Page 2783

post #27821 of 28750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oj010 View Post

For point 1 I was asking tongue.gif I figured as much. I welcome him to "unleash hell" at "CL1" against my BH-5s at 290 MHz 2-2-2-5.

There's nothing on Planet Earth that can challenge BH-5. its just too fast.

But here i can play the latest DOOM (4GB) & I am trying to get Vulkan working, but I don't need Vulkan.. it's more than fast enough. very smooth.

BH-5 with its low capacity is not much use here.
Edited by delshay - 7/23/16 at 9:37am
post #27822 of 28750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scott View Post

I tried that back a few pages. He only wants to compare 1 gig sticks. I also threw up a set of 1 gig sticks at CL1.5. That was also unacceptable as he then wanted 4 1 gig sticks.
There is no satisfaction and also no proof posted ever, so I gave up.
Don't feed the troll.

I was just thinking the same thing. I've posted screen shots, validation links, etc whenever making a claim but I'm yet to see ANY proof for anything he says.
post #27823 of 28750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scott View Post

I tried that back a few pages. He only wants to compare 1 gig sticks. I also threw up a set of 1 gig sticks at CL1.5. That was also unacceptable as he then wanted 4 1 gig sticks.
There is no satisfaction and also no proof posted ever, so I gave up.
Don't feed the troll.

Your 1GB stick(s) are in trouble even with your 2-3-2-5.. was it 236MHz I can't remember, but I will make it clear again.

I am still at 2-2-2-5 but the other timing with-in the SPD makes it even more impressive. Even at 225MHz my module may still be faster, because what's in the SPD.

SCOTT: Their are not normal 2-2-2-5 DDR.
Edited by delshay - 7/23/16 at 9:14am
post #27824 of 28750
It was actually 236 @ 1.5-3-2-5 1T but whatever.
Master
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8320 FX Sabertooth 990FX 2x EVGA GTX580 4 gig G.Skill Flares 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Patriot Inferno SSD Custom Water XP PCP&C 750 
  hide details  
Reply
Master
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
8320 FX Sabertooth 990FX 2x EVGA GTX580 4 gig G.Skill Flares 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
Patriot Inferno SSD Custom Water XP PCP&C 750 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27825 of 28750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Scott View Post

It was actually 236 @ 1.5-3-2-5 1T but whatever.

OK. Leave it at that before thing get out of hand.
post #27826 of 28750
Quote:
Originally Posted by delshay View Post

Your 1GB stick(s) are in trouble even with your 2-3-2-5.. was it 236MHz I can't remember, but I will make it clear again.

I am still at 2-2-2-5 but the other timing with-in the SPD makes it even more impressive. Even at 225MHz my module may still be faster, because what's in the SPD.

SCOTT: Their are not normal 2-2-2-5 DDR.

You know SPD doesn't do anything magic, right? It doesn't set anything you can't set manually (and probably better).
post #27827 of 28750
I have a re-capped K7N2GM2 w/ NF2 sitting here. Has 1GB of Corsair XMS and who knows what CPU installed.

I dont need it.
Jack out the box
(17 items)
 
Back-up Beauty
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8350 Gigabyte 990FX UD3 R5 Sapphire RX 480 reference Corsair Dominator Platinums 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256GB Samsung 840 Pro 1TB WD Black LG dvd+r Custom water loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windoze 7 Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD USB generic SeaSonic X750 GOLD 85+ 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
MicroCool Banchetto 101 tech station Razer Diamondback epic galaxy deep space render E-MU 
Other
This rig is awesome :) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 185 ASUS A8N32_SLI Deluxe eVGA GTX 950 2GB 16GB DDR1 Samsung UCCC 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 640 GB Western digital Caviar Black 120GB Crucial M4 SSD Generic DVD+R, SATA Corsair tower cooler, generic. Not very good, b... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 52" Sony Bravia 1080p Logitech K400 wireless kb/mouse Corsair TX650, 2011+ model 
CaseAudio
Modded Antec 902 On-board 
  hide details  
Reply
Jack out the box
(17 items)
 
Back-up Beauty
(17 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8350 Gigabyte 990FX UD3 R5 Sapphire RX 480 reference Corsair Dominator Platinums 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
256GB Samsung 840 Pro 1TB WD Black LG dvd+r Custom water loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windoze 7 Samsung SyncMaster 2333HD USB generic SeaSonic X750 GOLD 85+ 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
MicroCool Banchetto 101 tech station Razer Diamondback epic galaxy deep space render E-MU 
Other
This rig is awesome :) 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Opteron 185 ASUS A8N32_SLI Deluxe eVGA GTX 950 2GB 16GB DDR1 Samsung UCCC 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
2x 640 GB Western digital Caviar Black 120GB Crucial M4 SSD Generic DVD+R, SATA Corsair tower cooler, generic. Not very good, b... 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win7 52" Sony Bravia 1080p Logitech K400 wireless kb/mouse Corsair TX650, 2011+ model 
CaseAudio
Modded Antec 902 On-board 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27828 of 28750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oj010 View Post

You know SPD doesn't do anything magic, right? It doesn't set anything you can't set manually (and probably better).

That depends if all the option are there. Not all motherboards gives you everything. Where the other option are missing, SPD settings will sometimes override it.

My modules you just set voltage & bus speed, nothing else. It will boot automatically with the fastest timings (including sub) which I do not have access to via the BIOS.
post #27829 of 28750
Quote:
Originally Posted by delshay View Post

That depends if all the option are there. Not all motherboards gives you everything. Where the other option are missing, SPD settings will sometimes override it.

My modules you just set voltage & bus speed, nothing else. It will boot automatically with the fastest timings (including sub) which I do not have access to via the BIOS.

Sorry, with the outrageous claims you're making I thought you'd at least have a decent board to back them up.
post #27830 of 28750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oj010 View Post

Sorry, with the outrageous claims you're making I thought you'd at least have a decent board to back them up.

Correction: I don't have access to all of the memory timings on my motherboard.

Even if you have access to all of the timings, it's the capability of that memory module if it can handal tight timings. With everything in the SPD it take's the hassle of complex set-up. (plug-in & Play)

Most byte with-in the SPD is set to it's lowest point which the BIOS can handel & set-out by JEDEC.

This is why I said, some parts of the SPD you can't leave it blank, but also if you put in a timing too low, the BIOS may read it incorrectly. This is what is happening here, & shows poorer performance.

Where you have to set this manually, does not guarantee it will work, as each memory module will overclock differently, where's my module is guarantee to work as their are already pre-tested with some of tightest timings ever to hit DDR.

What you have is standard timings with-in your SPD, where mine is non-standard but with-in JEDEC rules.

Where mine is non-standard, is because there is a group of bytes set differently.

The photo I uploaded those timing are automatic (default)
Edited by delshay - 7/23/16 at 11:04am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › The Socket 939 Appreciation Club and Knowledgebase [Official]