Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Cooler Master 690 Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Cooler Master 690 Club - Page 1278

post #12771 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulver View Post
It will look better if it's not there but, I don't think you need to worry about it melting though.
Unless the fan maker used a very crappy wire...
its a cooler master r4 fan...ill try and move it so its not resting directly on the card lol
post #12772 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage View Post
its a cooler master r4 fan...ill try and move it so its not resting directly on the card lol
Wow, you've put an R4 to blow straight on your 470gtx?!
That thing is a turbine, man!
It may get dusty real quick in there.
Watch out

Anyways, you can get an extension and route it down between your psu and that other fan, right?
Edited by Ulver - 7/25/10 at 6:43pm
post #12773 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulver View Post
Wow, you've put an R4 to blow straight on your 470gtx?!
That thing is a turbine, man!
It may get dusty real quick in there.
Watch out

Anyways, you can get an extension and route it down between your psu and that other fan, right?
lol is it bad that its blowing on the gpu?

edit: just realized the model number of the fan is r4, but its not the 90cfm verson, but the 60cfm version....the 90cfm version only comes in red and green
post #12774 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulver View Post

Anyways, you can get an extension and route it down between your psu and that other fan, right?
yup, on newegg already
post #12775 of 19729
http://www.svc.com normally sells them for less with lower shipping.
442
(15 items)
 
Q6600
(14 items)
 
Piece O' Crappola
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R 2 x HD4670QT512P CF Patriot PVS24G8500ELKN 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Stock pfsense Acer H233H Antec EarthWatts 430 
CaseAudio
custom onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 Lapped @ 3.4 GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 9600GSO 384m 96SP 4G (2x2) Patriot Viper PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Maxtor, 320WDC. 320Seagate NEC ND-3550 & LiteOn CM Hyper 212+ w/PP Blademasters XP Pro SP3 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer H233H Rosewill RG630-S12 NZXT BetaEVO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6420 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 7300LE 2G PNY PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gig WDC SATA NEC ND3540A Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/XP Pro Acer H233H 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430 none 
  hide details  
Reply
442
(15 items)
 
Q6600
(14 items)
 
Piece O' Crappola
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R 2 x HD4670QT512P CF Patriot PVS24G8500ELKN 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Stock pfsense Acer H233H Antec EarthWatts 430 
CaseAudio
custom onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 Lapped @ 3.4 GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 9600GSO 384m 96SP 4G (2x2) Patriot Viper PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Maxtor, 320WDC. 320Seagate NEC ND-3550 & LiteOn CM Hyper 212+ w/PP Blademasters XP Pro SP3 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer H233H Rosewill RG630-S12 NZXT BetaEVO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6420 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 7300LE 2G PNY PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gig WDC SATA NEC ND3540A Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/XP Pro Acer H233H 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430 none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12776 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaSmurf View Post
http://www.svc.com normally sells them for less with lower shipping.
wow, youre right....1.99 sleeved and free shipping

thanks

i usually order from newegg because they have a warehouse in and i get everything the next day but svc seems great
post #12777 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage View Post
lol is it bad that its blowing on the gpu?

edit: just realized the model number of the fan is r4, but its not the 90cfm verson, but the 60cfm version....the 90cfm version only comes in red and green
The 90cfm version doesn't do 90cfm anyway, it's one of those "exaggerated specs". (I have a green one, but I removed it from my case. Too noisy!)

Having a fan blowing on the videocard it's not bad, as everyone will agree. But, sometimes having a very powerful fan blowing on the side of the case may unbalance the whole case airflow and yield worse temps than if you had no fan at all on that spot (too much air going in and not getting out at the same rate, so you end up with a lot of warmed air spinning inside the case). Also it may be a bit of overkill that would just create a lot of dust on the videocard and case without making much difference on the temps.
But it depends on the airflow of the whole system and I can hardly tell just by looking at your pics.

I have an Enermax "Silent something" fan (800rpm, forgot the cfm but it should be less than 60 for sure) blowing on my 480GTX and it never goes above 85C.
But I have lots of exhausts
post #12778 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by saiyanzzrage View Post
wow, youre right....1.99 sleeved and free shipping

thanks

i usually order from newegg because they have a warehouse in and i get everything the next day but svc seems great
When I order from then I normally get the product in 2 to 3 days, but I live near Chicago IL.
442
(15 items)
 
Q6600
(14 items)
 
Piece O' Crappola
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R 2 x HD4670QT512P CF Patriot PVS24G8500ELKN 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Stock pfsense Acer H233H Antec EarthWatts 430 
CaseAudio
custom onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 Lapped @ 3.4 GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 9600GSO 384m 96SP 4G (2x2) Patriot Viper PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Maxtor, 320WDC. 320Seagate NEC ND-3550 & LiteOn CM Hyper 212+ w/PP Blademasters XP Pro SP3 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer H233H Rosewill RG630-S12 NZXT BetaEVO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6420 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 7300LE 2G PNY PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gig WDC SATA NEC ND3540A Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/XP Pro Acer H233H 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430 none 
  hide details  
Reply
442
(15 items)
 
Q6600
(14 items)
 
Piece O' Crappola
(13 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9550 E0 DFI LanParty LT P35-T2R 2 x HD4670QT512P CF Patriot PVS24G8500ELKN 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Stock pfsense Acer H233H Antec EarthWatts 430 
CaseAudio
custom onboard 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 B3 Lapped @ 3.4 GA-EP45-UD3R EVGA 9600GSO 384m 96SP 4G (2x2) Patriot Viper PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
80g Maxtor, 320WDC. 320Seagate NEC ND-3550 & LiteOn CM Hyper 212+ w/PP Blademasters XP Pro SP3 
MonitorPowerCase
Acer H233H Rosewill RG630-S12 NZXT BetaEVO 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6420 GA-P35-DS3L GeForce 7300LE 2G PNY PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80Gig WDC SATA NEC ND3540A Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/XP Pro Acer H233H 
PowerCase
Antec Earthwatts 430 none 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12779 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulver View Post
The 90cfm version doesn't do 90cfm anyway, it's one of those "exaggerated specs". (I have a green one, but I removed it from my case. Too noisy!)

Having a fan blowing on the videocard it's not bad, as everyone will agree. But, sometimes having a very powerful fan blowing on the side of the case may unbalance the whole case airflow and yield worse temps than if you had no fan at all on that spot (too much air going in and not getting out at the same rate, so you end up with a lot of warmed air spinning inside the case). Also it may be a bit of overkill that would just create a lot of dust on the videocard and case without making much difference on the temps.
But it depends on the airflow of the whole system and I can hardly tell just by looking at your pics.

I have an Enermax "Silent something" fan (800rpm, forgot the cfm but it should be less than 60 for sure) blowing on my 480GTX and it never goes above 85C.
But I have lots of exhausts
makes sense to me, thanks

im wondering what good if any my bottom intake 120mm fan is doing now that i have the side panel intaking as well...should i take out the bottom intake?
post #12780 of 19729
how are peopke routing the wire for those running a side panel fan? any pics would really help..i cant settle on the best way to do it....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Cooler Master 690 Club