Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Cooler Master 690 Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Cooler Master 690 Club - Page 756

post #7551 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post
$1.19 per foot. I only needed about 5 feet in this loop, but bought 7 feet. Was like $9 or something.
if im going to build an other loop ill use that, im working @ a garage, and i can get it real cheap...xD

@ the sidepanel, im sure it will be weak this way, but hey, its no tank!


what do you think about this? kinda haf style...
(the striped lines are the acrilic panels behind the metal, you could also use just 1 panel...)
maybe smoked acrilic, cause clear will mess up your black look!
HAF 932
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asrock P67 Extreme6 EVGA GTX580 SuperClocked 8gb Corsair Dominator GT 2133mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex2 60GB + 250gb storage Win7 64bit Iiyama ProLite E2407HDSD Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850W CM HAF932 Logitec G500 Coolermaster Alu Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
HAF 932
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asrock P67 Extreme6 EVGA GTX580 SuperClocked 8gb Corsair Dominator GT 2133mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex2 60GB + 250gb storage Win7 64bit Iiyama ProLite E2407HDSD Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850W CM HAF932 Logitec G500 Coolermaster Alu Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7552 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastiaan_NL View Post
if im going to build an other loop ill use that, im working @ a garage, and i can get it real cheap...xD

@ the sidepanel, im sure it will be weak this way, but hey, its no tank!

what do you think about this? kinda haf style...
(the striped lines are the acrilic panels behind the metal, you could also use just 1 panel...)
maybe smoked acrilic, cause clear will mess up your black look!
Looks good, but I started out with the pre-windowed panel I wouldn't be able to pull that off. I was thinking tinted as well, though I don't know where to get any around me. I can't really order online. I was thinking maybe somekind of tinting film, like the type you can buy for headlights and such. Maybe even regular automotive glass tint might work, but I think you might need a heat gun for that, which the plexi wouldn't like. I know you need a heat gun to get that crap off a window. If I used the tint, I could stencil something into it, like subtle flames or something, so that would remain clear, while the rest would be tinted. Like this, sort of -



Flames would be clear, and the rest tinted? Don't mind the flames, that's some freehand $5 optical mouse work right there. In Paint. Also, I'd put the tint on the inside so that you won't be able to feel the stencil cut lines from the outside.
Edited by Aaron_Henderson - 8/25/09 at 1:01pm
post #7553 of 19729
oh, my bad...
youve got the boomerang window, like me

i guess the tint will work, if youve got a heat gun, you could use it, dont get to close to the acrilic... sometimes ive got to use it on car bumpers or something like that, all plastic, and acrilic is much stronger...
if you are going to use a film, do it before you mount the acrilic to the sidepanel, or even before cutting the acrilic, cause if you srew up you dont have to do things twice...xD

[EDIT @ your edit ]
Wow, that a good idea!, guess it will pwn...xD
maybe get your name in, or something like that... ocn flames...

[Second Edit xD]
inside is the best, if you would scratch it you could remove it... and my painting was worse...xD using uhm, my G9 on full speed in windows paint...xD
and ye, its a nice idea to keep the flames clear, the will let more light pass than the tinted parts, so it looks like uhm, you dont have light inside?
Edited by Bastiaan_NL - 8/25/09 at 1:05pm
HAF 932
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asrock P67 Extreme6 EVGA GTX580 SuperClocked 8gb Corsair Dominator GT 2133mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex2 60GB + 250gb storage Win7 64bit Iiyama ProLite E2407HDSD Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850W CM HAF932 Logitec G500 Coolermaster Alu Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
HAF 932
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asrock P67 Extreme6 EVGA GTX580 SuperClocked 8gb Corsair Dominator GT 2133mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
OCZ Vertex2 60GB + 250gb storage Win7 64bit Iiyama ProLite E2407HDSD Logitech G11 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX850W CM HAF932 Logitec G500 Coolermaster Alu Pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7554 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastiaan_NL View Post
oh, my bad...
youve got the boomerang window, like me

i guess the tint will work, if youve got a heat gun, you could use it, dont get to close to the acrilic... sometimes ive got to use it on car bumpers or something like that, all plastic, and acrilic is much stronger...
if you are going to use a film, do it before you mount the acrilic to the sidepanel, or even before cutting the acrilic, cause if you srew up you dont have to do things twice...xD

[EDIT @ your edit ]
Wow, that a good idea!, guess it will pwn...xD
maybe get your name in, or something like that... ocn flames...

[Second Edit xD]
inside is the best, if you would scratch it you could remove it... and my painting was worse...xD using uhm, my G9 on full speed in windows paint...xD
I thought of OCN flames, but I don't think it would work well as it would really only be the outline. Well, I could do it I guess. Maybe just "OVERCLOCK.NET" on there somewhere. And adding my name is a bomb idea. In a good way. My name along with "overclock.net" in this type of font -



Scratch that. After looking at the logo some more, I think I'll just use the whole logo, but replace "the pursuit of performace" with my name.

Oh yeah, no lights right now. But I might try to wire some white LED's hidden throughout the case. I hate those cathode tubes, unless they are completely hidden from sight.
Edited by Aaron_Henderson - 8/25/09 at 1:13pm
post #7555 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post
Looks good, but I started out with the pre-windowed panel I wouldn't be able to pull that off. I was thinking tinted as well, though I don't know where to get any around me. I can't really order online. I was thinking maybe somekind of tinting film, like the type you can buy for headlights and such. Maybe even regular automotive glass tint might work, but I think you might need a heat gun for that, which the plexi wouldn't like. I know you need a heat gun to get that crap off a window. If I used the tint, I could stencil something into it, like subtle flames or something, so that would remain clear, while the rest would be tinted. Like this, sort of -



Flames would be clear, and the rest tinted? Don't mind the flames, that's some freehand $5 optical mouse work right there. In Paint. Also, I'd put the tint on the inside so that you won't be able to feel the stencil cut lines from the outside.
What about having the flames be the tinted part while the rest is clear?
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7556 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
What about having the flames be the tinted part while the rest is clear?
I know, it's a bit of a dilemma! Not sure which way I'll do it yet...

Anyway, what about something like this? This is just the basic idea remember. And my name replacing "the pursuit of..." -



or maybe this?


Edited by Aaron_Henderson - 8/25/09 at 1:23pm
post #7557 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post
I know, it's a bit of a dilemma! Not sure which way I'll do it yet...

Anyway, what about something like this? This is just the basic idea remember. And my name replacing "the pursuit of..." -



or maybe this?

If you do the first idea, then the logo and flames could be the tinted part. Or, of course, the logo would be an applique. But why would you change the OCN motto to have your name in it? That's blasphemous.

If you did the second idea, then the flames could be the clear part with the applique down there with the rest tinted. Mmm......
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7558 of 19729
Here you go folks. Some photos of my Cooler Master CM 690...



















I did some minor cable management, change a few vents, install the Scythe SCKB-1000, remove the dust filters from the front mesh and this is just the beginning...


Fans installed:

Scythe SY1225SL12M (rear exhaust)
Scythe SY1225SL12M (replacement for the Scythe SCKB-1000 stock vent)
Scythe SY1425SL12M (side intake)




Any comments?
Mainframe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 XFX NVIDIA 9800 GTX Black Edition Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 *4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital WD6401AALS *2 Pioneer DVR-212 Windows XP Professional LG L226WTQ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX 5500 Corsair CMPSU-520HX Cooler Master CM 690 SteelSeries Ikari Optical & Logitech MX Revolution 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries SP 
  hide details  
Reply
Mainframe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4 XFX NVIDIA 9800 GTX Black Edition Corsair CM2X1024-6400C4 *4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital WD6401AALS *2 Pioneer DVR-212 Windows XP Professional LG L226WTQ 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech MX 5500 Corsair CMPSU-520HX Cooler Master CM 690 SteelSeries Ikari Optical & Logitech MX Revolution 
Mouse Pad
SteelSeries SP 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7559 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
If you do the first idea, then the logo and flames could be the tinted part. Or, of course, the logo would be an applique. But why would you change the OCN motto to have your name in it? That's blasphemous.

If you did the second idea, then the flames could be the clear part with the applique down there with the rest tinted. Mmm......
So who's gonna send me a free applique? And I'm bigger than than OCN's motto. I'm thinking the second one is the way to go. With clear flames like you said. I don't think I want to use an applique anyway, I want an understated look and that would pop too much. I think I'll just cut it out of the tint with a hobby knife. That way, hopefully, you'll have to catch it in the right light to see the flames and logo.
Edited by Aaron_Henderson - 8/25/09 at 1:44pm
post #7560 of 19729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron_Henderson View Post
So who's gonna send me a free applique? And I'm bigger than than OCN's motto.
Wooo bigger than OCN's motto. hehe

And it's your idea to maybe use an applique, so you have to buy it.
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.368-1.384V fixed voltage) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:\) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:\) 150 GB WD VelociRaptor Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG (24" 1920 x 1080 144Hz G-SYNC) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Basic, but premium round X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › The Cooler Master 690 Club