Overclock.net banner

The Cooler Master 690 Club

5M views 20K replies 2K participants last post by  alansg 
#1 ·

Welcome to the OFFICIAL Cooler Master 690 & 690 II [Standard/Advanced] Club!!

Quote:
Anyone, whether you have the original 690, or the CM 690 II Standard or Advanced version, you are all very welcome to join this club.

Quote:
INSTRUCTIONS TO BE ADDED INTO THE CLUB !!!

To get added, post your pictures in the thread, then PM me the following information:

1) Your Name.
2) Right click on your post number and click "copy link location" and paste it in the PM. [Please make sure it only directs to YOUR single post ONLY !]
3) Please post pictures of your case to prove ownership. Make sure the post has pictures showing you "mods" if you have any and/or if you have an nVidia version otherwise it will be noted as a unmodded case.
4) Also note whether case is modded or unmodded, and which version of the case you have as well. Thanks !
P.S. - Please make sure your pictures are resized to about 1024x768.

All in all. Welcome again and have fun

Criteria to join the club : Have a Cooler Master 690 Case !
Rank Determination : There are now 8 ranks in the club. 690 Modded, 690 Unmodded, 690 NVidia Edition, 690 II Modded, 690 II Unmodded, 690 II NVidia Edition, Undetermined, and sadly, Nostalgics. Modded is, of course, you modded the case. Unmodded, yeah self-explanitory, same for the 690 II lists, and Undetermined is those who have said they have this case, and have not provided a picture OR picture is unclear to determine which rank to be placed in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvxveQQ6JCGndEZ0STVhcTdTdTJ3SGoxYUE3R1FQVkE&single=true&gid=0&output=html&widget=true

Total = To be Updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvxveQQ6JCGndHNCUHJIRG1xQ2pYSjFYVWlESm8xa1E&output=html&widget=true

Total = To be Updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvxveQQ6JCGndEZ6VUhFSUw5NFRSUEFYNmh2TWJQZlE&single=true&gid=0&output=html&widget=true

Total = To be Updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvxveQQ6JCGndEJ3ZUtOMzc4QzNDY0YxWl9LbEdMNUE&output=html&widget=true

Total = To be Updated

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvxveQQ6JCGndFItQmpfTkZjd0JtekJzdnk2RnJqYnc&single=true&gid=0&output=html&widget=true

Total = To be Updated

To be added... soon
tongue.gif

To be added ... soon
tongue.gif

Nostalgics

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AvxveQQ6JCGndHlkOWJjZXRvc045WWVJN1g2b1d6Zmc&single=true&gid=0&output=html&widget=true

GRAND TOTAL NUMBER OF MEMBERS = To be Updated !!!

Cable Management

This is a new idea. Should be helpful to others especially those who are new to the case.

iandroo888 - Friend's computer
Scavenger
Illidan
rublik
scottath
FlashIV
[Hurricane]
VortexBlast
Jason_B
flatlander4510
smash_mouth01
gotspeed
sweffymo
Freelancer852

Something you can put in your sig
Thx Sonic

Code:
[CODE][center][url=http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/294838-unofficial-cooler-master-690-club.html]CM 690 Club[/url][/center]
[/CODE]

Club Milestones

100+ Members - July 2008
250+ Members - April 2009
5000 Posts - May 2009
10000 Posts - Jan 2010
2,000,000 Views - Oct 2010
Revival/Revamp - Dec 2012

Wallpapers

LL

See less See more
#3 ·
ahahaha. what is that under your case? stand w/ wheels? o_O

hmm maybe i should say... picture with mods if you want to be in the modded section XD

• Rep+
Reactions: SpcCdr
#4 ·
Isn't there already a thread on these cases?

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by iandroo888 View Post
ahahaha. what is that under your case? stand w/ wheels? o_O

hmm maybe i should say... picture with mods if you want to be in the modded section XD
k, it's on wheels, thats a mod

I'll repost with a window sometime this week, till then feel free to declare me unmodded

#6 ·
yes there is a thread, but this is now a club.

I'm in for the club, The only part I have modded was taking out the fan grills.

#8 ·
I should be getting mine soon, so be ready to add me.

#10 ·
SpcCdr
Custom UV Blue side Window Mod:

also 140mm Aerocool fans on top (cut out grill work) and Vinyl dyed (Beige->Black) optical drives (Will post piccs when i find where I put them
)

#13 ·
unknownSCL, Semper Fidelis, and stumped. Post pix for add

SpcCdr, .style, and ericeod. Welcome

Looks good so far. Ericeod. A question. i see you put the fans on the "outside of the chassis" did you cut the metal mesh for fit as well? or did the fans fit inbetween the chassis and the metal mesh with teh honeycomb plastic mesh stuff out?

#14 ·
ok, here it is (not the most updated, as I now have a radeon x1900xt, e2180, AC Freezer 7 Pro, 2GB Ballistix)

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by iandroo888 View Post
unknownSCL, Semper Fidelis, and stumped. Post pix for add

SpcCdr, .style, and ericeod. Welcome

Looks good so far. Ericeod. A question. i see you put the fans on the "outside of the chassis" did you cut the metal mesh for fit as well? or did the fans fit inbetween the chassis and the metal mesh with teh honeycomb plastic mesh stuff out?
I can't answer for ericeod, but fans (Not thick 38s,but, 25s or less) fit fine between the case and the top mesh "lid".
The bonus of cutting out the metal honeycomb is better air flow and much less fan noise
Hope that helped
; also as you can see from his piccs, you can fit in a 240 rad!
(e- looks like a MCR240?) (Nice clean loop ya got there
)

#16 ·
I'm in. Here are a couple of pictures of my CM690.

CM690 during air bleeding when I put my watercooling loop in.

CM690 front view. Put I/O on the front because of where I keep my case. Notice the cool stickerage as well.

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by stumped View Post
ok, here it is (not the most updated, as I now have a radeon x1900xt, e2180, AC Freezer 7 Pro, 2GB Ballistix)

wheres your mod o_O XD did i completely miss it? *find glasses*

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpcCdr View Post
I can't answer for ericeod, but fans (Not thick 38s,but, 25s or less) fit fine between the case and the top mesh "lid".
The bonus of cutting out the metal honeycomb is better air flow and much less fan noise
Hope that helped
; also as you can see from his piccs, you can fit in a 240 rad!
(e- looks like a MCR240?) (Nice clean loop ya got there
)
yah i have two yate loon 120x25mm. was wondering if those would fit. thx btw

Quote:

Originally Posted by losttsol View Post
I'm in. Here are a couple of pictures of my CM690.

CM690 during air bleeding when I put my watercooling loop in.

CM690 front view. Put I/O on the front because of where I keep my case. Notice the cool stickerage as well.

nice setup =P

Dam! lose the ribbon cables pplz! haha im kidding. =P kind of.. >_> haha

#20 ·
oops wasnt referring to u GOMENASAI! (sorry) =P was referring to stumped and savage bunny. but what stumped did is kinda interesting.. if one had a black interior, that cable could hardly be seen o_O

ok started to do the linking. If theres a name for your system with the CM 690 in your sig, i will put that, otherwise, in linking it on your name.

#21 ·
Alright, I'm in..
My modded CM 690. Still doing more work to it. (Paint,new fans coming)
-Side window. (obviously)
-Led kit
-Removal of Plastic honeycomb crap
-UV lights
-Think that's it...

Also, are you gonna make something to put in our Sigs? That would be cool.

#22 ·
there should a little |____| area on the corner of your video card wher eu can run that cpu cable thru..

welcome everyone i havent welcomed yet =D

#24 ·
The top fans?
They are the Coolermaster 2 pack that's like $10 and Newegg.

I got them for my old case, but they proved useful, and quiet, in this case.

Thanks for the tip Lando!

But I have a 8 pin extension cable on the way with my other 2 panflo UV fans coming. Also got some C channel coming to clean up the window look,

#25 ·
Got mine the other week and after 2 DOA P35C-DS3R's i've decided to get a refund for those and just use this case for my other parts. I must say, this is an awesome case. Very VERY cool, my idle temps have dropped 10C and the window I have modded by Marcus00 looks awesome with my stuff inside. I'll get some cathodes ordered on monday and get back to you with the final thing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.