Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Networking & Security › Any Advanced Remote Deskop'rs out there?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any Advanced Remote Deskop'rs out there? - Page 2

post #11 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatesFury View Post
You have to figure out how to make the RDP go out on a different port. That is the only way....

personally, for simplicity sake. I'd install VNC on all 3 computers. You could then RDP into 1 of them, and VNC from that one to the other 2. Will be easier, and adds another layer of security to your self, as even if someone did break the RDP, they'd then have to break the VNC.


NNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got it! hahaha....

setup your router for remote login. Put all of your PC's back to using the standard port for RDP. Now. what you'll do is

go to Test@mydomain.com(: / i forget which) 192.168.0.1 (or whatever the IP for your router is). You then can set your router to foward the default RDP port to whichever PC you need to get in. If you then later want to get into a different PC, you'd have to log back into the router and modify the port forewarding to do to a that PC..... lots of work tho
Well I don't need to use a VNC cuz currently I can RDP into my main PC and then RDP from that to the other 2 comptuers. The main reason I want to be able to directly RDP into each of them is in case the others are down or off.
post #12 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuffinMyLye View Post
Well I don't need to use a VNC cuz currently I can RDP into my main PC and then RDP from that to the other 2 comptuers. The main reason I want to be able to directly RDP into each of them is in case the others are down or off.
well the router trick will work perfectly for that.
Furian II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Pheon X4 955 MSI 870A-G46 Saphire 4870 1GB GSkill Ripjaw 2x4 DDR3 1600 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home - 32 kernel cracked for more RAM Spectre 32" Acer 22" Logitech G15 V1 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
Furian II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Pheon X4 955 MSI 870A-G46 Saphire 4870 1GB GSkill Ripjaw 2x4 DDR3 1600 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home - 32 kernel cracked for more RAM Spectre 32" Acer 22" Logitech G15 V1 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 24
Man I don't have any idea what the hell you guys are talkin about. I just read stuff to see what I can learn but jeez you guys are confusing
The Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3ghz 24/7 XFX 750i XFX 8800gt Alpha Dog! 2gb OCZ SLI edition DDR2-800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID 0 setup for OS and 750gb/500gb storage drives DVD/CD RW w/ lightscribe Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Westinghouse 22w2! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
some wireless deal with media keys Ultra 650w Ultra Aluminus Full Tower a cheapy 
Mouse Pad
mah desk 
  hide details  
Reply
The Beast
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3ghz 24/7 XFX 750i XFX 8800gt Alpha Dog! 2gb OCZ SLI edition DDR2-800mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
RAID 0 setup for OS and 750gb/500gb storage drives DVD/CD RW w/ lightscribe Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Westinghouse 22w2! 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
some wireless deal with media keys Ultra 650w Ultra Aluminus Full Tower a cheapy 
Mouse Pad
mah desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatesFury View Post
well the router trick will work perfectly for that.
Yea but man is that a pain. I guess I'm just gonna need to make sure my main PC stay powered on. Good thing I have a nice battery back-up.
post #15 of 24
the problem is that the microsoft RDP requires two ports, the port you choose, and one that is un-changable (from what i read, and experience).

VNC is an excellent choice, but is brutal on really slow connections (as is RDP, though)

My current setup is the equivalent to what you're doing and it works good, but gets confusing when you're three layers deep mgoing from the outside, to server, to machine, to machine..

And HatesFury's method will work as well, thats just a heck of a run around..

g/l!
Jesus PC v5.3
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R 5850 GSkill 1600 MHz 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x1200.12 500GB RAID 0, 2x2TB Deskstar RAID 1 Samsung Writemaster SATA Gentoo, Windows 7 x64 3x 21.5" Samsungs 
PowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake 750W RocketPwn G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Jesus PC v5.3
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R 5850 GSkill 1600 MHz 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x1200.12 500GB RAID 0, 2x2TB Deskstar RAID 1 Samsung Writemaster SATA Gentoo, Windows 7 x64 3x 21.5" Samsungs 
PowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake 750W RocketPwn G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearMeansControl View Post
the problem is that the microsoft RDP requires two ports, the port you choose, and one that is un-changable (from what i read, and experience).

VNC is an excellent choice, but is brutal on really slow connections (as is RDP, though)

My current setup is the equivalent to what you're doing and it works good, but gets confusing when you're three layers deep mgoing from the outside, to server, to machine, to machine..

And HatesFury's method will work as well, thats just a heck of a run around..

g/l!
what is the unchangeable port? btw its colon for the ports
post #17 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatesFury View Post
You have to figure out how to make the RDP go out on a different port. That is the only way....

personally, for simplicity sake. I'd install VNC on all 3 computers. You could then RDP into 1 of them, and VNC from that one to the other 2. Will be easier, and adds another layer of security to your self, as even if someone did break the RDP, they'd then have to break the VNC.


NNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got it! hahaha....

setup your router for remote login. Put all of your PC's back to using the standard port for RDP. Now. what you'll do is

go to Test@mydomain.com(: / i forget which) 192.168.0.1 (or whatever the IP for your router is). You then can set your router to foward the default RDP port to whichever PC you need to get in. If you then later want to get into a different PC, you'd have to log back into the router and modify the port forewarding to do to a that PC..... lots of work tho
Wow! Wouldn't this break the time-space thing where everything would implode upon itself?
Into the Abyss
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6700 @ 3.6 Asus P5K Deluxe Wifi eVGA 8800GT KO 4x1GB Tracer PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x74GB Raptor+1.5TB Samsung F1s DVD-RW Vista Ultimate x64 Samsung 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
M$ Elite FSP Group (Fortron) FX Series FX700-GLN-E Antec 900 (CyberDruid Custom) M$ Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
Into the Abyss
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q6700 @ 3.6 Asus P5K Deluxe Wifi eVGA 8800GT KO 4x1GB Tracer PC2-8500 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x74GB Raptor+1.5TB Samsung F1s DVD-RW Vista Ultimate x64 Samsung 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
M$ Elite FSP Group (Fortron) FX Series FX700-GLN-E Antec 900 (CyberDruid Custom) M$ Elite 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXHiTMAN View Post
what is the unchangeable port? btw its colon for the ports
it'd be 3389... the machine serving the client needs two ports forwarded to it, the first being that default 3389, the second being your own wild card for security purposes.

P.S: old news, i just saw an article that you can change it through the registry... wish i would've seen that a few years ago :-)
Jesus PC v5.3
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R 5850 GSkill 1600 MHz 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x1200.12 500GB RAID 0, 2x2TB Deskstar RAID 1 Samsung Writemaster SATA Gentoo, Windows 7 x64 3x 21.5" Samsungs 
PowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake 750W RocketPwn G500 
  hide details  
Reply
Jesus PC v5.3
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-950 Gigabyte X58A-UD3R 5850 GSkill 1600 MHz 4x4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x1200.12 500GB RAID 0, 2x2TB Deskstar RAID 1 Samsung Writemaster SATA Gentoo, Windows 7 x64 3x 21.5" Samsungs 
PowerCaseMouse
Thermaltake 750W RocketPwn G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 24
post #20 of 24
Thread Starter 
This is really pissing me off now. Now I can't even RDP into one of my machines from within my network. I'm really getting aggravated now.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Networking & Security
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Networking & Security › Any Advanced Remote Deskop'rs out there?