Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI 2900XT OC help please :)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ATI 2900XT OC help please :) - Page 3

post #21 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I like the way it goes back to 2D when quitting a game while keeping the OC when you open another.
im also a big fan of the real time hardware monitor for the temps and core/mem clocks in a window like that of the task manager performance tab
Triforce of Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K MSI Z97 Gaming 5 2x Zotac GTX 970 | SLI 32GB G.Skill Sniper 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB 850 Evo M.2 5TB WD Black Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony KDL55W800 Logitech MK700 TT Toughpower 750W Corsair Obsidian 450D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M705 Logitech G440 Onkyo HT-R693 
  hide details  
Reply
Triforce of Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K MSI Z97 Gaming 5 2x Zotac GTX 970 | SLI 32GB G.Skill Sniper 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB 850 Evo M.2 5TB WD Black Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony KDL55W800 Logitech MK700 TT Toughpower 750W Corsair Obsidian 450D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M705 Logitech G440 Onkyo HT-R693 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklink View Post
im also a big fan of the real time hardware monitor for the temps and core/mem clocks in a window like that of the task manager performance tab
Yep, real helpfull to see what temps are when gaming.
Po Tato
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-7600K @5GHz AVX-3 MSI Z270M Mortar MATX PNY GTX 1050Ti OC XLR8 HyperX DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 SSD WD Blue Cooler Master 240V Seidon AIO Win10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samung 2494HS Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum Corsair RM 650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Raw Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
Po Tato
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-7600K @5GHz AVX-3 MSI Z270M Mortar MATX PNY GTX 1050Ti OC XLR8 HyperX DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 SSD WD Blue Cooler Master 240V Seidon AIO Win10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samung 2494HS Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum Corsair RM 650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Raw Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 32
flower..... what kind of temps are you getting with your hr-03? idle im usually around 40c or so. after gaming for a while the monitor never shows more than about 64c
Triforce of Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K MSI Z97 Gaming 5 2x Zotac GTX 970 | SLI 32GB G.Skill Sniper 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB 850 Evo M.2 5TB WD Black Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony KDL55W800 Logitech MK700 TT Toughpower 750W Corsair Obsidian 450D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M705 Logitech G440 Onkyo HT-R693 
  hide details  
Reply
Triforce of Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K MSI Z97 Gaming 5 2x Zotac GTX 970 | SLI 32GB G.Skill Sniper 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB 850 Evo M.2 5TB WD Black Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony KDL55W800 Logitech MK700 TT Toughpower 750W Corsair Obsidian 450D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M705 Logitech G440 Onkyo HT-R693 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklink View Post
flower..... what kind of temps are you getting with your hr-03? idle im usually around 40c or so. after gaming for a while the monitor never shows more than about 64c
Right now I am @ 40 idle and my load is around 60, I can't be precise because the other day I saw it @ 63 and another time between 55-60. I have 2x80mm fans on the heatsink, on on the side of the heat pipes and another on the HR11 (lol). I used to get better results with just on 80mm delta. I have it hanging off the card as opposed to wrapped around it as you get worse temps with no airflow on the core.
Po Tato
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-7600K @5GHz AVX-3 MSI Z270M Mortar MATX PNY GTX 1050Ti OC XLR8 HyperX DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 SSD WD Blue Cooler Master 240V Seidon AIO Win10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samung 2494HS Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum Corsair RM 650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Raw Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
Po Tato
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-7600K @5GHz AVX-3 MSI Z270M Mortar MATX PNY GTX 1050Ti OC XLR8 HyperX DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 SSD WD Blue Cooler Master 240V Seidon AIO Win10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samung 2494HS Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum Corsair RM 650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Raw Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 32
i configured mine that way too. its not too heavy so i figured i would just let it hang.... tho it does hinder just about all my extra pci slots. i have just a 92mm silverstone fan on it but it seems to do the trick. i also have 2 120mm scythe s-flexes in the vacinity tho (side vents on the case) so i think that helps a bit too
Triforce of Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K MSI Z97 Gaming 5 2x Zotac GTX 970 | SLI 32GB G.Skill Sniper 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB 850 Evo M.2 5TB WD Black Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony KDL55W800 Logitech MK700 TT Toughpower 750W Corsair Obsidian 450D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M705 Logitech G440 Onkyo HT-R693 
  hide details  
Reply
Triforce of Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K MSI Z97 Gaming 5 2x Zotac GTX 970 | SLI 32GB G.Skill Sniper 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB 850 Evo M.2 5TB WD Black Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony KDL55W800 Logitech MK700 TT Toughpower 750W Corsair Obsidian 450D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M705 Logitech G440 Onkyo HT-R693 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklink View Post
i configured mine that way too. its not too heavy so i figured i would just let it hang.... tho it does hinder just about all my extra pci slots. i have just a 92mm silverstone fan on it but it seems to do the trick. i also have 2 120mm scythe s-flexes in the vacinity tho (side vents on the case) so i think that helps a bit too
Yeah. I don't think there is a good air cooled aftermarket solution, especially for crossfire'd 2900's. I was looking at the Arctic Cooling Accelero Xtreme 2900Official but aparently that takes up 2/3 PCI. There is this too.
Po Tato
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-7600K @5GHz AVX-3 MSI Z270M Mortar MATX PNY GTX 1050Ti OC XLR8 HyperX DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 SSD WD Blue Cooler Master 240V Seidon AIO Win10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samung 2494HS Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum Corsair RM 650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Raw Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
Po Tato
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-7600K @5GHz AVX-3 MSI Z270M Mortar MATX PNY GTX 1050Ti OC XLR8 HyperX DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 SSD WD Blue Cooler Master 240V Seidon AIO Win10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samung 2494HS Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum Corsair RM 650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Raw Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 32
the latter would definitely be a little more efficient for xfire setups. for the slight boost i would get on my p35 using the x4 lane, im not to worried about xfire yet. i have always liked thermalrighs products.... wish i could have gotten mosfet coolers from them for my MB, then i would get the whole deal for NB and SB too. oh well.... maybe eventually. im hoping that by the time im ready to upgrade and go xfire, i can afford the cooling setup i plotted out on petra's tech shop.
Triforce of Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K MSI Z97 Gaming 5 2x Zotac GTX 970 | SLI 32GB G.Skill Sniper 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB 850 Evo M.2 5TB WD Black Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony KDL55W800 Logitech MK700 TT Toughpower 750W Corsair Obsidian 450D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M705 Logitech G440 Onkyo HT-R693 
  hide details  
Reply
Triforce of Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K MSI Z97 Gaming 5 2x Zotac GTX 970 | SLI 32GB G.Skill Sniper 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB 850 Evo M.2 5TB WD Black Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony KDL55W800 Logitech MK700 TT Toughpower 750W Corsair Obsidian 450D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M705 Logitech G440 Onkyo HT-R693 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklink View Post
the latter would definitely be a little more efficient for xfire setups. for the slight boost i would get on my p35 using the x4 lane, im not to worried about xfire yet. i have always liked thermalrighs products.... wish i could have gotten mosfet coolers from them for my MB, then i would get the whole deal for NB and SB too. oh well.... maybe eventually. im hoping that by the time im ready to upgrade and go xfire, i can afford the cooling setup i plotted out on petra's tech shop.
Cool. I have used Thermalright for chipsets and they work well. I would steer clear of the HR05 IFX as the HR05 (non IFX) is simpler to install. I ended up using a HR05 SLI clip on the HR05IFX as I found it stopped the heatsink from turning completely horizontal to my CPU cooler. Plus you have to hold a screw driver behind mobo, bolt on the other side, plus I couldn't do both my cooler got in the way. The other HR05's just use plastic clips and they work well as long as you are patient at when removing them.

The same time I had troube with that the HR09U (on the compatibility list for my mobo) I bought wouldn't fit as the stock mosfet was thinner.

I am certainly not bashing Thermalright, I am waiting for a 120 Ultra to come. I just had rare issues
Po Tato
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-7600K @5GHz AVX-3 MSI Z270M Mortar MATX PNY GTX 1050Ti OC XLR8 HyperX DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 SSD WD Blue Cooler Master 240V Seidon AIO Win10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samung 2494HS Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum Corsair RM 650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Raw Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
Po Tato
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-7600K @5GHz AVX-3 MSI Z270M Mortar MATX PNY GTX 1050Ti OC XLR8 HyperX DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 SSD WD Blue Cooler Master 240V Seidon AIO Win10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samung 2494HS Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum Corsair RM 650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Raw Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Cool. I have used Thermalright for chipsets and they work well. I would steer clear of the HR05 IFX as the HR05 (non IFX) is simpler to install. I ended up using a HR05 SLI clip on the HR05IFX as I found it stopped the heatsink from turning completely horizontal to my CPU cooler. Plus you have to hold a screw driver behind mobo, bolt on the other side, plus I couldn't do both my cooler got in the way. The other HR05's just use plastic clips and they work well as long as you are patient at when removing them.

The same time I had troube with that the HR09U (on the compatibility list for my mobo) I bought wouldn't fit as the stock mosfet was thinner.

I am certainly not bashing Thermalright, I am waiting for a 120 Ultra to come. I just had rare issues
my only issue with the thermalright hr-03 was not actually with thermalright at all. i couldnt find a screw driver small enough for the 4 screws right around the gpu on the stock cooler. ended up buying a 1$ glasses kit from CVS and the flat tip screwdriver broke in one of the screws. after about an hour i was able to get the screws out using the broken glasses kit screw driver. the thermalright installation portion was a breeze.
Triforce of Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K MSI Z97 Gaming 5 2x Zotac GTX 970 | SLI 32GB G.Skill Sniper 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB 850 Evo M.2 5TB WD Black Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony KDL55W800 Logitech MK700 TT Toughpower 750W Corsair Obsidian 450D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M705 Logitech G440 Onkyo HT-R693 
  hide details  
Reply
Triforce of Power
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-4790K MSI Z97 Gaming 5 2x Zotac GTX 970 | SLI 32GB G.Skill Sniper 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
250GB 850 Evo M.2 5TB WD Black Corsair H110i GTX Windows 10 Home x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Sony KDL55W800 Logitech MK700 TT Toughpower 750W Corsair Obsidian 450D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M705 Logitech G440 Onkyo HT-R693 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by darklink View Post
my only issue with the thermalright hr-03 was not actually with thermalright at all. i couldnt find a screw driver small enough for the 4 screws right around the gpu on the stock cooler. ended up buying a 1$ glasses kit from CVS and the flat tip screwdriver broke in one of the screws. after about an hour i was able to get the screws out using the broken glasses kit screw driver. the thermalright installation portion was a breeze.
That sucks. Some of my stock screws are a bit used. The HR03 was really cool to install, like the screws that go through the card for the core that themselves are screwed into the cover is great.
Po Tato
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-7600K @5GHz AVX-3 MSI Z270M Mortar MATX PNY GTX 1050Ti OC XLR8 HyperX DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 SSD WD Blue Cooler Master 240V Seidon AIO Win10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samung 2494HS Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum Corsair RM 650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Raw Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
Po Tato
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-7600K @5GHz AVX-3 MSI Z270M Mortar MATX PNY GTX 1050Ti OC XLR8 HyperX DDR4 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Kingston V300 SSD WD Blue Cooler Master 240V Seidon AIO Win10 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samung 2494HS Logitech G410 Atlas Spectrum Corsair RM 650x Fractal Design Define S 
MouseMouse Pad
Steelseries Sensei Raw Steelseries 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › ATI 2900XT OC help please :)