Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Networking & Security › How do these web hosting plans look?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How do these web hosting plans look? - Page 2  

Poll Results: Plans are

 
  • 25% (2)
    a bargain
  • 12% (1)
    fair
  • 50% (4)
    expensive
  • 12% (1)
    Don't know.
8 Total Votes  
post #11 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlastshotx View Post
There prices seem a bit expensive for what you get, I would go with GoDaddy. I have been using them for years now and there customer service is excellent and there prices are fair.
i dont know, i would rather go with a web host that is less known than a web host who is very popular
post #12 of 19
Inmotion hosting is one of the best I've used. They are amazing, GREAT support, TONS of features... etc... good prices too.
WaterWorks
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6700 (3.79GHz) ASUS Maximus Formula X38 PNY XLR8 GTX280 1024MB 6GB Dual Channel PC6400 5-4-4-12 (800MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.18TB RAID 0 + 500GB RAID 0 + 400GB Spare Lite-On Blu-Ray Drive Windows 7 Ultimate x64 I-INC 28" HDMI 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitch G15 Corsair 900w Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 (Modded) Logitch G5 
Mouse Pad
Ergonomic Wrist Support 
  hide details  
WaterWorks
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Quad Q6700 (3.79GHz) ASUS Maximus Formula X38 PNY XLR8 GTX280 1024MB 6GB Dual Channel PC6400 5-4-4-12 (800MHz) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.18TB RAID 0 + 500GB RAID 0 + 400GB Spare Lite-On Blu-Ray Drive Windows 7 Ultimate x64 I-INC 28" HDMI 1920x1200 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitch G15 Corsair 900w Cooler Master Cosmos 1000 (Modded) Logitch G5 
Mouse Pad
Ergonomic Wrist Support 
  hide details  
post #13 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade007 View Post
i dont know, i would rather go with a web host that is less known than a web host who is very popular

A webhost is popular for a reason heh... Cheap prices, excellent up time, great customer service etc...

Lesser known webhosts tend to be well, bad.

I'd would *highly* recommend godaddy. Especially if you don't have your domain name yet. It's just $1.99 for the first year. Saves ya at least $8 right there. Then $49 for the year gets you:

Plan Features
• 10 GB Space
• 300 GB Transfer
• 500 Email Accounts

• FREE! Software
• 10 MySQL Databases
• 50 Email Forwards
• Forums, Blogging, Photos
• Go Daddy Hosting Connection
• $20 Google® AdWords® Credit1
• $25 Microsoft® adCenter Credit†
• FREE! Google Webmaster Tools


I can't find a better deal. Add in the reliablity and customer service, and it's almost a no brainer.



~R
post #14 of 19
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by relic2279 View Post
A webhost is popular for a reason heh... Cheap prices, excellent up time, great customer service etc...

Lesser known webhosts tend to be well, bad.

I'd would *highly* recommend godaddy. Especially if you don't have your domain name yet. It's just $1.99 for the first year. Saves ya at least $8 right there. Then $49 for the year gets you:

Plan Features
• 10 GB Space
• 300 GB Transfer
• 500 Email Accounts

• FREE! Software
• 10 MySQL Databases
• 50 Email Forwards
• Forums, Blogging, Photos
• Go Daddy Hosting Connection
• $20 Google® AdWords® Credit1
• $25 Microsoft® adCenter Credit†
• FREE! Google Webmaster Tools


I can't find a better deal. Add in the reliablity and customer service, and it's almost a no brainer.



~R
just because one is popular, it doesn't mean their the best, it just means that they have the biggest marketing and advertising budget

one can look at it from a different perspective, one is lesser known maybe because they spend most of their time on support and improving their company, rather than spend all their money on marketing and advertising their site everywhere
post #15 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade007 View Post
yea, ive checked them out, ive heard and read bad reviews about them though including poor support and downtime, some were good, but most were bad and you never want a host that oversells, that can cause problems
I've never had any downtime with them, but their customer service is useless. I've had 4 sites hosted with 1and1, and no problems.
über pwnage v2
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K 4.4GHz @ 1.36v Asus P8Z68-V LX EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked ACX2.0 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 2x8GB DDR3 @ 1648MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
840EVO 250GB / 3TB+2TB+320GB Bar / 750GB Cav Blk Samsung DVDRW Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2412M + X191W Azio MGK1 Corsair RM650X Centurion 5 with acoustic foam 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MX518 SteelSeries Xonar DG + Koss PortaPro + Logitech X-540 + Bey... 
  hide details  
über pwnage v2
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600K 4.4GHz @ 1.36v Asus P8Z68-V LX EVGA GTX 970 SuperClocked ACX2.0 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X 2x8GB DDR3 @ 1648MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
840EVO 250GB / 3TB+2TB+320GB Bar / 750GB Cav Blk Samsung DVDRW Hyper 212+ Windows 10 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
U2412M + X191W Azio MGK1 Corsair RM650X Centurion 5 with acoustic foam 
MouseMouse PadAudio
MX518 SteelSeries Xonar DG + Koss PortaPro + Logitech X-540 + Bey... 
  hide details  
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade007 View Post
just because one is popular, it doesn't mean their the best, it just means that they have the biggest marketing and advertising budget

one can look at it from a different perspective, one is lesser known maybe because they spend most of their time on support and improving their company, rather than spend all their money on marketing and advertising their site everywhere
Simple economics & a tad common sense... The larger the company, the more customers, the more money they are making the cheaper they can offer services without sacrificing quality.... IE Walmart vs Mom & Pop shops... Bestbuy vs local electronic stores, etc etc... I'm not trying to offend, I just want to help. I'm assuming thats why you asked in your orginal post?

Shrug. Companies get big for a reason. They can start out big if they have enough investors, but only a business who is successful will last. And godaddy has risen to the top for a reason.

But it's all personal opinion. You will have to learn from experience. I've tried out many webhosts. 7 to be exact. I will now take godaddy and never look back.

Just trying to help... Again, not trying to offend you. I've made mistakes going with certain webhosters and will help others avoid making the same. Good luck with whatever you choose.

~R
post #17 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris4ka View Post
I've never had any downtime with them, but their customer service is useless. I've had 4 sites hosted with 1and1, and no problems.
I second the 1&1 recommendation - I've had my sites with them for a little over 3 years now with no issues.
Morpheus Mini
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700T SN970 GTX 960 Crucial CT102464BF160B 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 Windows 10 Pro MOTU Audio Express 
  hide details  
Morpheus Mini
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700T SN970 GTX 960 Crucial CT102464BF160B 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 Windows 10 Pro MOTU Audio Express 
  hide details  
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by relic2279 View Post
Simple economics & a tad common sense... The larger the company, the more customers, the more money they are making the cheaper they can offer services without sacrificing quality.... IE Walmart vs Mom & Pop shops... etc... I'm not trying to offend, I just want to help. I'm assuming thats why you asked in your orginal post?

Shrug. Companies get big for a reason. They can start out big if they have enough investors, but only a business who is successful will last. And godaddy has risen to the top for a reason.

But it's all personal opinion. You will have to learn from experience. I've tried out many webhosts. 7 to be exact. I will now take godaddy and never look back.

Just trying to help... Again, not trying to offend you. I've made mistakes going with certain webhosters and will help others avoid making the same. Good luck with whatever you chose.

~R
Smaller companies can offer better customer service because they don't have to deal with thousands upon thousands of people. Just do your homework and make sure they are legit. Try to find out who uses them and ask how they like their services.
post #19 of 19
Its amazing what google can find

Intresting post about host circuit.com

Apparently its owned by an individual. I could not find a SINGLE review about service etc. (positive or negative)

While entirely possible thats its a fine business, he simply cannot offer the reliability a major company can. I'd recommend godaddy or 1&1 used both of them personally. Of course you could always host it yourself
The cubed quad
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q9450 Abit IP35 Pro EVGA 8800GTS 512/XFX 8600GT 4 x 2 GB G.Skill PC21000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4 Seagate 320 16mb Raid 1+0 Pioneer BD-ROM Windows 7 Pro 64bit BenQ 24"/WH 22"/Hanns G 19" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Silverstone Decathalon 750 watts Lian Li PC-7B PLUS II Logitech G7 
  hide details  
The cubed quad
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Q9450 Abit IP35 Pro EVGA 8800GTS 512/XFX 8600GT 4 x 2 GB G.Skill PC21000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
4 Seagate 320 16mb Raid 1+0 Pioneer BD-ROM Windows 7 Pro 64bit BenQ 24"/WH 22"/Hanns G 19" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Silverstone Decathalon 750 watts Lian Li PC-7B PLUS II Logitech G7 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Networking & Security
This thread is locked  
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Networking & Security › How do these web hosting plans look?