I want my system to be up and running by April 7th (even if it's after midnight and switching over to the 8th, I don't mind).
You see, I'm working on my first build. I have 5 items left to buy, and I cannot buy all 5 of them this month. But I know I can order them right after midnight on April 1st. This is when I'll finally purchase the video card. I have this feeling that even by then
I won't be able to afford an 8800xx, and especially not the 9 series.
The way I see it, everything left on my list is a "Guaranteed 3 Business Day Shipping", so I know that I should be able to put everything together come Monday, April 7th, and turn it on. I really don't want to put this off any longer. See my sig rig. I've suffered long enough.
So, I want to get the best I can buy right now while maintaining that budget. I'm trying to make as few compromises as I can.
You see, my fear is that I may not be able to afford a new video card until next winter, so I want something good, but really affordable, such as that 8600GTS.
So, here's my question: if I buy the 8600GT, what would I be missing out on by not going with the GTS? Both are within my budget, so I just want to make the wisest decision. I realize that Promo Code for the 8600GT should make this a no-brainer, but as of right now, it still seems wiser to go with the GTS.
To be clear, I do not mind being behind. I currently don't have a desire to play the newest games. I currently don't have anything more demanding than Tron 2.0 (there are other games too, but they're not quite as demanding).