Below is the complete build list. The blue prices are the cost after shipping. As you no doubt have guessed, the gray'd out items are already purchased. The Tuniq Tower, DVD Burner, and CPU are all scheduled to arrive tomorrow. The DVD drive is scheduled to arrive Friday. Yeah. I'm extremely excited! But I can't buy all 5 of the remaining items before April. Some things must remain behind until then. The video card is definitely one of them. The other will probably be the HDD, but this thread is about the video card, so nevermind.
- Cooler Master 690 at ChiefValue.com $89.98
- Corsair 550vx at Provantage.com $88.64
- ASUS P5N-E SLI 650i from another OCN member $85 (will purchase quite soon, possibly over the weekend)
- E2180 from Gollie$50
- Tuniq Tower at NewEgg.com $46.32
- mushkin HP series 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800 4-5-4-11 at NewEgg.com $56.99
- 250GB SATA Barracuda OEM at NewEgg.com $69.99
- BFG Tech 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 at NewEgg.com $115.83 -$25.00 MIR = $90.83
- X-Fi Xtreme Gamer at NewEgg.com $86.68 -$30.00 MIR = $56.68
- Samsung SATA 20x DVDÂ±R OEM at NewEgg.com $29.99
- ASUS 16X SATA DVD-ROM (48X CD-ROM) OEM at NewEgg.com $24.83
- Final cost: before rebates: $752.73 -$25.00 = $727.73 -$55 in MIR's = $672.73
I plan on overclocking the CPU and memory as high as I can to get the most value out of this system (this statement is for the context of the PSU, which I'll refer to later).
The extra $25 off is from a NewEgg Customer Service Professional. I had a negative first experience with NewEgg through e-mail, then I complained about it here on OCN last week. A day later, Alex posted a quick message telling me to call or e-mail him for further assistance, and the $25 off my next order is the result. I've already used it.
My budget is $792. This literally means that I can't go over it. Not even by 50Â¢. The farther under it, the better. I really
like where it is right now, and I am afraid to go much higher. But that's okay because the beauty of this is once this rig is built, I will finally be free to upgrade for hopefully at least a couple of years! I simply cannot (and will not) upgrade my sig rig, and I'm just fed up with using it. It's even too slow when this rig exceeds the Recommended
System Requirements of modern software! They don't even consider
a computer like mine anymore. lol
I have to admit though, ever since Alex told me yesterday that I get $25 off my next order, I sorta just forgot about it after I made my next order. And so I wasn't thinking about my extra $25 when I made this thread.
So, I'm kinda wondering: with that PSU, what video card can or should I get for $25 more? And by $25 more, I mean not counting MIR's.
Thank you for reading all of this.