Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Networking & Security › Wireless Network Issue
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wireless Network Issue - Page 2

post #11 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXHiTMAN View Post
i doubt its frequency since he has no problems with the other devices, its probably some random isolated problem on his pc, either hes closer to the phone or some device is giving of interfering frequency, he could have a problem with his overclock and the pci bus, its probably isolated
Well, before I tweaked the wifi at my shop, every time the phone range I would get kicked....my partner was RIGHT next to me...almost elbow to elbow...he was fine.


So unless you have a better starting point, let's start with frequency.

Also, two out of those three things you just mentioned are frequency related...you actually said the word frequency..lol
 
Work Lappy
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 960 P6T NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Backup Lite-On DVD Corsair H80 Windows 7 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Antec 300 Logitech g5 
Mouse PadAudio
Ratpad Razer Barracuda AC-1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 0JGC48 Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Micron Technology  
  hide details  
Reply
 
Work Lappy
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 960 P6T NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Backup Lite-On DVD Corsair H80 Windows 7 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Antec 300 Logitech g5 
Mouse PadAudio
Ratpad Razer Barracuda AC-1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 0JGC48 Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Micron Technology  
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
Well, before I tweaked the wifi at my shop, every time the phone range I would get kicked....my partner was RIGHT next to me...almost elbow to elbow...he was fine.


So unless you have a better starting point, let's start with frequency.

Also, two out of those three things you just mentioned are frequency related...

normally when the phone rings itll kick anyone within like 50-100 feet, what do you think is the reason why your partner wasnt getting kicked?

Quote:
Also, two out of those three things you just mentioned are frequency related...
yea i know... i mentioned them cause it would be an isolated environment problem, i said "interfering frequency" means i knew its frequency lol
post #13 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXHiTMAN View Post
normally when the phone rings itll kick anyone within like 50-100 feet, what do you think is the reason why your partner wasnt getting kicked?



yea i know... i mentioned them cause it would be an isolated environment problem, i said "interfering frequency" means i knew its frequency lol
No....that is not true.....

I'm not trying to be mean.....but do you have practical knowledge of this stuff?

Adjusting the channel on a network from 8 to 10 can make the world of difference....

I even acquired clients from competing IT guys because they think like you do......the problem always has to be complicating...and that's not always the case, when all I did was surveyed the situation, and adjust the frequency band just a nudge.
 
Work Lappy
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 960 P6T NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Backup Lite-On DVD Corsair H80 Windows 7 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Antec 300 Logitech g5 
Mouse PadAudio
Ratpad Razer Barracuda AC-1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 0JGC48 Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Micron Technology  
  hide details  
Reply
 
Work Lappy
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 960 P6T NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Backup Lite-On DVD Corsair H80 Windows 7 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Antec 300 Logitech g5 
Mouse PadAudio
Ratpad Razer Barracuda AC-1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 0JGC48 Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Micron Technology  
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 40
Precisely. Coredless 2.4g phones work the exact same as our routers, you just don't have control. The more expensvie phones will give you the option of changing chanels, while the cheaper wont. Also a device on channel 7 is far more likely to bleed on channel 8 than on channel 9. Changing channels is always a good first step for random dropouts.

As for one card dropping and the other not. One card could be better sheilded so it is not receiveing as much interference, also the chipset makes a difference. If you send a scrambled tramission to a good quality NIC it'll just dump the info and start trying to talk to the router again to make sure it's ok, if it's a cheapo NIC it'll have a heartattack and freak out.
Furian II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Pheon X4 955 MSI 870A-G46 Saphire 4870 1GB GSkill Ripjaw 2x4 DDR3 1600 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home - 32 kernel cracked for more RAM Spectre 32" Acer 22" Logitech G15 V1 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
Furian II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Pheon X4 955 MSI 870A-G46 Saphire 4870 1GB GSkill Ripjaw 2x4 DDR3 1600 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home - 32 kernel cracked for more RAM Spectre 32" Acer 22" Logitech G15 V1 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krunk_Kracker View Post
No....that is not true.....

I'm not trying to be mean.....but do you have practical knowledge of this stuff?

Adjusting the channel on a network from 8 to 10 can make the world of difference....

I even acquired clients from competing IT guys because they think like you do......the problem always has to be complicating...and that's not always the case, when all I did was surveyed the situation, and adjust the frequency band just a nudge.
im talking about the small amount of distance between a working and a non working client, 2 feet isnt gonna make a difference from an omni style signal, thats why i asked why do you think your partner wasnt getting kicked off when you were, if his ps3 is working in a small amount of distance in an open space i dont think it will be the frequency thats the problem, im not trying to complicate anything, did you see my networks picture? the whole spectrum in this area is riddled with overlapping, from what ive seen 8 to 10 isnt gonna make much difference, this frequency is overlapping it would require 4 or more steps away, who uses 8 and 10, their practically half overlapping lol, the 2.4 spectrum wasnt made for internet to begin with
post #16 of 40
Thread Starter 
I have tried one other channel during my troubleshooting - originally network was set to 11, I changed it to 7, the problem still occurred. Would it be worth trying more channels? Any advice on which? Not really sure what frequency each channel relates to, and what effects it will have. As for the overclock issue, I'm mildly overclocked, but isn't the pci bus locked to 100? Thanks for the responses so far. Also, I'm currently trialling an older bios for my motherboard, to see if that has any effect - grasping at straws I think, but I updated my bios sometime around the time that this problem started, so going back to old one to see if it makes a difference, in case its something to do with the pci slots themselves and bios control, though I have no idea if this will help, it's all just guesswork from me!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1055T MSI 890FXA-GD65 Sapphire HD6950 (Flashed to HD6970) 2 x 2GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 x 400GB WD Raid Windows 7 X64 Ultimate Samsung SM-245B 24" OCZ 1000 Watt 
Case
Thermaltake Armor 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1055T MSI 890FXA-GD65 Sapphire HD6950 (Flashed to HD6970) 2 x 2GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 x 400GB WD Raid Windows 7 X64 Ultimate Samsung SM-245B 24" OCZ 1000 Watt 
Case
Thermaltake Armor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatesFury View Post
Precisely. Coredless 2.4g phones work the exact same as our routers, you just don't have control. The more expensvie phones will give you the option of changing chanels, while the cheaper won. Also a device on channel 7 is far more likely to bleed on channel 8 than on channel 9. Changing channels is always a good first step for random dropouts.

As for one card dropping and the other not. One card could be better sheilded so it is not receiveing as much interference, also the chipset makes a difference. If you send a scrambled tramission to a good quality NIC it'll just dump the info and start trying to talk to the router again to make sure it's ok, if it's a cheapo NIC it'll have a heartattack and freak out.
Ahh...but he's said he's tried three different brands already......IMO that rules that out.
 
Work Lappy
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 960 P6T NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Backup Lite-On DVD Corsair H80 Windows 7 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Antec 300 Logitech g5 
Mouse PadAudio
Ratpad Razer Barracuda AC-1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 0JGC48 Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Micron Technology  
  hide details  
Reply
 
Work Lappy
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 960 P6T NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Backup Lite-On DVD Corsair H80 Windows 7 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Antec 300 Logitech g5 
Mouse PadAudio
Ratpad Razer Barracuda AC-1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 0JGC48 Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Micron Technology  
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 40
Thread Starter 
Also, the wireless card in his computer is a cheapy generic one, whilst mine is a more expensive d-link one. But then, this is the third card I've tried and still had the same problem.... and a USB wireless device also
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1055T MSI 890FXA-GD65 Sapphire HD6950 (Flashed to HD6970) 2 x 2GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 x 400GB WD Raid Windows 7 X64 Ultimate Samsung SM-245B 24" OCZ 1000 Watt 
Case
Thermaltake Armor 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1055T MSI 890FXA-GD65 Sapphire HD6950 (Flashed to HD6970) 2 x 2GB G-Skill Ripjaw 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 x 400GB WD Raid Windows 7 X64 Ultimate Samsung SM-245B 24" OCZ 1000 Watt 
Case
Thermaltake Armor 
  hide details  
Reply
post #19 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSXHiTMAN View Post
im talking about the small amount of distance between a working and a non working client, 2 feet isnt gonna make a difference from an omni style signal, thats why i asked why do you think your partner wasnt getting kicked off when you were, if his ps3 is working in a small amount of distance in an open space i dont think it will be the frequency thats the problem, im not trying to complicate anything, did you see my networks picture? the whole spectrum in this area is riddled with overlapping, from what ive seen 8 to 10 isnt gonna make much difference, this frequency is overlapping it would require 4 or more steps away, who uses 8 and 10, their practically half overlapping lol, the 2.4 spectrum wasnt made for internet to begin with
First of all, 8 to 10 was an example.

And yes, two clients beside each other can be subject to two different results, due to signal bounce. You can argue all you want, but I do this to feed my family and I've seen it numerous times. Besides, no one else has offered any better solution as of yet.

:EDIT:

Have you tried one of these yet? I've had very good results with these as they take the location of the pc out of the equation because the receiver can be placed on top of the desk

:EDIT EDIT:

Also, what other electronics are in the room? Phones?
 
Work Lappy
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 960 P6T NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Backup Lite-On DVD Corsair H80 Windows 7 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Antec 300 Logitech g5 
Mouse PadAudio
Ratpad Razer Barracuda AC-1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 0JGC48 Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Micron Technology  
  hide details  
Reply
 
Work Lappy
(4 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 960 P6T NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 G.Skill DDR3 OCZ Vertex 3 SSD 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Backup Lite-On DVD Corsair H80 Windows 7 Pro 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 v2 OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Antec 300 Logitech g5 
Mouse PadAudio
Ratpad Razer Barracuda AC-1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 0JGC48 Intel(R) HD Graphics Family Micron Technology  
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct View Post
I have tried one other channel during my troubleshooting - originally network was set to 11, I changed it to 7, the problem still occurred. Would it be worth trying more channels? Any advice on which? Not really sure what frequency each channel relates to, and what effects it will have. As for the overclock issue, I'm mildly overclocked, but isn't the pci bus locked to 100? Thanks for the responses so far. Also, I'm currently trialling an older bios for my motherboard, to see if that has any effect - grasping at straws I think, but I updated my bios sometime around the time that this problem started, so going back to old one to see if it makes a difference, in case its something to do with the pci slots themselves and bios control, though I have no idea if this will help, it's all just guesswork from me!
The PCI bus is only locked if your motherboard gave you that option, and you selected to use it.....

Try 14, higher channel is SLIGHTLY higher power and can cleanup some issues. BIOS isn't a bad route to try if you can rationalize it (which you did). Changing the bios may've chagned the way your mobo is talking to the NIC.
Furian II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Pheon X4 955 MSI 870A-G46 Saphire 4870 1GB GSkill Ripjaw 2x4 DDR3 1600 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home - 32 kernel cracked for more RAM Spectre 32" Acer 22" Logitech G15 V1 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
Furian II
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Pheon X4 955 MSI 870A-G46 Saphire 4870 1GB GSkill Ripjaw 2x4 DDR3 1600 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home - 32 kernel cracked for more RAM Spectre 32" Acer 22" Logitech G15 V1 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitech G9 Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Networking & Security
Overclock.net › Forums › Software, Programming and Coding › Networking & Security › Wireless Network Issue