Overclock.net banner

[HwAktuell] Exclusive: Quad-9800 GX2 pictures

3K views 40 replies 30 participants last post by  bluedevil 
#1 ·
Quote:

Once we have a short benchmark with the GeForce 9800 GX2 could execute, we can today with an exclusive photos Quad SLI Gespanns with two GeForce 9800 GX2 aufwarten. As the only magazine it was possible for us pictures from the inside of the thermal Take issued for high-end computer.

The computer was running a beta driver that the use of quad-SLI with two GeForce 9800 GX2 graphics cards.

In addition to the two GeForce 9800 GX2, the computer Skull trail mainboard with two Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9775 processors, each with 4000 MHz tacts.

Sexy!

Source (German)
Source (Translated to English)
Original thread @ Vr-Zone

See less See more
#4 ·
Was just about to post this myself....but i was beaten pffft.

Blimey! There a bit close together....

#6 ·
Man, I think that would work better as a heater than anything else..lamo

#8 ·
Keep checking the web, i can guarantee QUAD SLI benchies are coming!

And that's not plastic btw....it's aluminium casing.

#11 ·
Well, thats true, they had to use aluminum since they knew it was gona be as hot as a oven. I cant wait for someone to touch it while they are testing 3dmark and they sue nvidia cause they seriously burn themselves
...since with aluminum it will not melt but get hot lol...you can tell when plastic gets too hot lol..it melts

#19 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePope
View Post

I see water cooling is not an option for quad cards. Booo!

It is....EVGA showed there Black Pearl Edition at Cebit.

Quote:

EVGA had two cards on display. One reference card and one Black Pearl edition. If you know you're EVGA, you know that this means water cooling from factory. The price remains in the shadows, but we can only guess that it would add another $100 or so to the already high price.

#22 ·
#24 ·
Wow....I can imagine the heat......

#26 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARealTech
View Post

I'm probably just going to make it with my PCCooling 860w.

Oh, that reminds me, I need another UPS for my monitor.

I'm praying my PSU will be ok as i only recently got it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.