Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › How to tighten timing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to tighten timing? - Page 2

post #11 of 14
I mean, I lower the memory speed a little bit to make up for the fact that I only ran 3 iterations. Eg, if i wanted my memory to run at 1000MHz, I would get it stable at 1025MHz.
post #12 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmightyone View Post
I mean, I lower the memory speed a little bit to make up for the fact that I only ran 3 iterations. Eg, if i wanted my memory to run at 1000MHz, I would get it stable at 1025MHz.
I see, so essentially you're upping your fsb to up the memory a bit, get that stable then go a bit down and tighten the memory.
skynet2099
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e8400@3.8 - 1.328v (batch: Q747) Asus Maximus Formula 8800GT 512MB G92 OCZ Platinum (4x1GB) - DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Seagate 7200.11 500GB Windows XP Pro - 32bit Corsair 750TX Antec 900 
MouseMouse Pad
mx700 Huskers Baby! 
  hide details  
Reply
skynet2099
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e8400@3.8 - 1.328v (batch: Q747) Asus Maximus Formula 8800GT 512MB G92 OCZ Platinum (4x1GB) - DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Seagate 7200.11 500GB Windows XP Pro - 32bit Corsair 750TX Antec 900 
MouseMouse Pad
mx700 Huskers Baby! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Offspring2099 View Post
I see, so essentially you're upping your fsb to up the memory a bit, get that stable then go a bit down and tighten the memory.
Yes, except I don't tighten the memory when I lower it. 3 iterations is probably 80-90% stable, so I lower the speed a bit to increase stability at those timings to 95%.
post #14 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmightyone View Post
Yes, except I don't tighten the memory when I lower it. 3 iterations is probably 80-90% stable, so I lower the speed a bit to increase stability at those timings to 95%.
Ah, so you up the fsb, see if that's stable, then tighten up the timing (test with 3 iteration), then lower the fsb back to what it was? I think I got it this time, I think I got the case of "stupids" too.
skynet2099
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e8400@3.8 - 1.328v (batch: Q747) Asus Maximus Formula 8800GT 512MB G92 OCZ Platinum (4x1GB) - DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Seagate 7200.11 500GB Windows XP Pro - 32bit Corsair 750TX Antec 900 
MouseMouse Pad
mx700 Huskers Baby! 
  hide details  
Reply
skynet2099
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
e8400@3.8 - 1.328v (batch: Q747) Asus Maximus Formula 8800GT 512MB G92 OCZ Platinum (4x1GB) - DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Seagate 7200.11 500GB Windows XP Pro - 32bit Corsair 750TX Antec 900 
MouseMouse Pad
mx700 Huskers Baby! 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › How to tighten timing?