Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [FoxNews] Woman Accuses RIAA of Illegal Spying
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[FoxNews] Woman Accuses RIAA of Illegal Spying - Page 3

post #21 of 52
This is from foxnews, so it can't be true.
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
ElRigTheRig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 GHz Asus Maximus Formula Asus EN8800GT 512MB 4GB G.Skill DDR2-1000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1.858TB (3x JBOD) HP 16x DVD Burner Vista Ultimate x64 SP2 24" FPD2485 Gateway LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Ultra X3 1000w Antec P182 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer Xact Mat 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
And that's the strongest argument you can come up with? Please. It would be the worst possible PR disaster for RIAA if they just randomly picked someone without evidence, regardless of how it was obtained.
For someone who upholds the laws and its meaning, you sure are a hypocrite stargate... There is a reason why citizens have a right to an attorney before getting thrown into the slammer. Ever heard of the saying innocent until proven guilty? That aside, she WENT to court and the case was DISMISSED. This shows she has nothing to hide and not only did she have nothing to hide, she COUNTERSUED. Now I completely agree people who steal should be punished, but a thousand dollars per song? So I can drive 20 miles over the speed limit and endanger countless of other people on the road and only pay under $300, but I steal a couple of songs and get fined thousands of dollars? Please come up with a more reasonable fine if you want to be taken seriously. Also, RIAA is NOT a government agency. They have NO RIGHT to suing for personal information. They have no right to be tapping into your lines and see what you are doing with your bandwidth? Apparently you never heard of invasion of privacy stargate. You tell other people not to assume things and yet you are defending an organization that is shamelessly pressing insane lawsuits on individuals and miraculously know who is downloading what on an assumption that they are always doing the right thing. The more you defend an evil entity like the RIAA the dumber you look and the less seriously people will take you. Lastly, if the RIAA truly did care about music downloads and not the revenues the lawyers rake in and not give the music artists, then they would actually be going for the people that are distributing the music. Seriously stargate, think about what you say before you say it...
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
As far as the woman's claim about the RIAA intimidating innocent people, that's bull. If you're innocent then you have nothing to worry about.
Right, because the law has never convicted an innocent person in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
Note that I make no comments on other portions of the article at this time, so I should hope this time around words won't get put into my mouth that I didn't say. Those of you who steal and want to defend your (undefendable) point of view seem to have a tendency to do that...
Sounds like you are putting words in other peoples mouths just by saying those that have a different view point tend to do so. Instead of writing this garbage, you could just leave it alone and refer back to what you previously said since it will remain on this thread. Or you could not take the high road and just play in the dirt with others, what ever you prefer.
post #24 of 52
dont bother talking sense with something with his views. i have no respect for anyone that tries to portray themselves as a moral compess (as if they never did anything wrong), much less someone dumb enough to defend the RIAA
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioniccrackmonk View Post
Right, because the law has never convicted an innocent person in the past.
There is a big difference a government wrongly accusing someone and a corporation doing it, so you can't really compare those two circumstances.

Quote:
Sounds like you are putting words in other peoples mouths just by saying those that have a different view point tend to do so. Instead of writing this garbage, you could just leave it alone and refer back to what you previously said since it will remain on this thread. Or you could not take the high road and just play in the dirt with others, what ever you prefer.
Yeah, because that always worked in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post
For someone who upholds the laws and its meaning, you sure are a hypocrite stargate... There is a reason why citizens have a right to an attorney before getting thrown into the slammer. Ever heard of the saying innocent until proven guilty? That aside, she WENT to court and the case was DISMISSED. This shows she has nothing to hide and not only did she have nothing to hide, she COUNTERSUED. Now I completely agree people who steal should be punished, but a thousand dollars per song? So I can drive 20 miles over the speed limit and endanger countless of other people on the road and only pay under $300, but I steal a couple of songs and get fined thousands of dollars? Please come up with a more reasonable fine if you want to be taken seriously. Also, RIAA is NOT a government agency. They have NO RIGHT to suing for personal information. They have no right to be tapping into your lines and see what you are doing with your bandwidth? Apparently you never heard of invasion of privacy stargate. You tell other people not to assume things and yet you are defending an organization that is shamelessly pressing insane lawsuits on individuals and miraculously know who is downloading what on an assumption that they are always doing the right thing. The more you defend an evil entity like the RIAA the dumber you look and the less seriously people will take you. Lastly, if the RIAA truly did care about music downloads and not the revenues the lawyers rake in and not give the music artists, then they would actually be going for the people that are distributing the music. Seriously stargate, think about what you say before you say it...
Look who's talking. Just because a case was dismissed doesn't mean the defendant was innocent. If that's what you think then you have a gross misunderstanding of how the law works. It could be that the amount of the suit was too much (it was), or that the evidence was wrongly obtained (which it was). So don't accuse me of not thinking before I speak when clearly you are no better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post
dont bother talking sense with something with his views. i have no respect for anyone that tries to portray themselves as a moral compess (as if they never did anything wrong), much less someone dumb enough to defend the RIAA
You're the one trying to act high-and-mighty here, and the one who doesn't deserve respect. Your entire statement reeks of ignorance, and it's people like you - who don't obey the law or defend those who don't - that make the RIAA worse. Not people like me, who think people who steal should be punished. Wake up.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
If you're innocent then you have nothing to worry about.
I'm glad I don't live w/ you there in Oceania, cause here in the free world we don't need to prove we're innocent to any authority; it's assumed.

Altho I hear everyone gets a free TV!
Callisto
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.7ghz @ 1.37v MSI P67A-GD65 EVGA GTX 680 Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel SSD 40GB; Seagate Cavier Green 1TB Scientific Linux 6.3/Windoze7 22" Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW Corsair TX850 
  hide details  
Reply
Callisto
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.7ghz @ 1.37v MSI P67A-GD65 EVGA GTX 680 Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Intel SSD 40GB; Seagate Cavier Green 1TB Scientific Linux 6.3/Windoze7 22" Samsung SyncMaster 2232BW Corsair TX850 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
There is a big difference a government wrongly accusing someone and a corporation doing it, so you can't really compare those two circumstances.


Yeah, because that always worked in the past...

Look who's talking. Just because a case was dismissed doesn't mean the defendant was innocent. If that's what you think then you have a gross misunderstanding of how the law works. It could be that the amount of the suit was too much (it was), or that the evidence was wrongly obtained (which it was). So don't accuse me of not thinking before I speak when clearly you are no better.
The case was dismissed, thrown out the window. That means by legal standards (which is all that matters in the court of law) she is innocent of all charges...end of discussion. In the CIVILIZED world, you are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Will all the special students repeat after me... INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. In this case, the court decided she was not guilty anyways, so your entire argument is weak and moot.
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by dharmaBum View Post
I'm glad I don't live w/ you there in Oceania, cause here in the free world we don't need to prove we're innocent to any authority; it's assumed.

Altho I hear everyone gets a free TV!
That's exactly how it works in the free world. If you are accused of something, you have to prove the evidence is wrong or not enough to convict you - in effect, proving your innocence. Regardless, there was nothing wrong with my statement. If you have done nothing wrong then there is no reason for the RIAA to show up to your door, let alone for you to have anything to worry about in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC'ing Noob View Post
The case was dismissed, thrown out the window. That means by legal standards (which is all that matters in the court of law) she is innocent of all charges...end of discussion. In the CIVILIZED world, you are INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. Will all the special students repeat after me... INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. In this case, the court decided she was not guilty anyways, so your entire argument is weak and moot.
She downloaded songs illegally, and she is guilty of that. The first paragraph in that article said she is guilty (no word "alleged" was used), so I'm not sure what you're on about. There is a difference between dismissing a case and being not guilty. If a case was dismissed, it doesn't mean the defendant was found not guilty. Regardless, I only ever argued that she was guilty of downloading songs but you wish to drag me into an argument over something I never commented on.
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
BladeRunner v3.0
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-5930K @ 4.6GHz Core, 4.4GHz Cache ASUS X99 Sabertooth Sapphire R9 380 Dual-X OC G.Skill TridentZ 32GB DDR4 @ 13-15-13-33-1T 320... 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 Pro 512GB Noctua NH-D15S Windows 10 Home 64-bit Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouse
EVGA SuperNova 1000W T2 NZXT Phantom 820 Black Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
That's exactly how it works in the free world. If you are accused of something, you have to prove the evidence is wrong or not enough to convict you - in effect, proving your innocence. Regardless, there was nothing wrong with my statement. If you have done nothing wrong then there is no reason for the RIAA to show up to your door, let alone for you to have anything to worry about in the first place.
omg...do you have any idea how law in the US works at all? every case starts out with the assumption that YOU ARE INNOCENT and it is the PROSECUTOR's job to gather enough evidence to prove BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT that you are guilty. Have you ever wondered how the RIAA got info to convince them to show up in the first place?
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
Biggie Smalls
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-2500K Asus P8Z77-M EVGA Titan X Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 830 Pro Samsung 850 Pro Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache Western Digital Black Caviar 64MB Cache 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Bluray Combo Drive Corsair H50 Windows 7 Professional x64 Dell UltraSharp U3415W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 4 Blue/Red Corsair AX860 Corsair Obsidian 350D Razer Deathadder Chroma 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
fUnc Mouse Mat Grace m9xx DAC/AMP ELAC B6 Schiit Lyr 2 
AudioAudio
Fostex TH-X00 (ebony cups with detachable cable... Sennheiser HD650 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post
That's exactly how it works in the free world. If you are accused of something, you have to prove the evidence is wrong or not enough to convict you - in effect, proving your innocence. Regardless, there was nothing wrong with my statement. If you have done nothing wrong then there is no reason for the RIAA to show up to your door, let alone for you to have anything to worry about in the first place.
Ok, you need to study the constitution and the laws we have here in this country. You are 100% incorrect that the accused has to prove thier innocence, it is upon the accuser to prove that the accused is guilty. There are no two ways about that, thats a fact and you need to understand it, there isn't any way to argue around that one, thats all there is too it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645 View Post

She downloaded songs illegally, and she is guilty of that. The first paragraph in that article said she is guilty (no word "alleged" was used), so I'm not sure what you're on about. There is a difference between dismissing a case and being not guilty. If a case was dismissed, it doesn't mean the defendant was found not guilty. Regardless, I only ever argued that she was guilty of downloading songs but you wish to drag me into an argument over something I never commented on.
READ THE FECKING ARTICLE, she is NOT guilty, in the goddamn article it says the case by the RIAA against her was dismissed and she counter sued, she was never convicted of a DAMN THING!
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 980ti Superclock 4x4GB Samsung 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD840 2xMaxtor 200gb RAID0 Customer water cooling with '77 Bonneville rad Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" Korean 1440p Razor mechanical Corsair TH850W CM Stacker 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Lachesis generic 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 EVGA GTX 980ti Superclock 4x4GB Samsung 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SSD840 2xMaxtor 200gb RAID0 Customer water cooling with '77 Bonneville rad Windows 10 Professional 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
27" Korean 1440p Razor mechanical Corsair TH850W CM Stacker 810 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor Lachesis generic 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Software News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Software News › [FoxNews] Woman Accuses RIAA of Illegal Spying