Originally Posted by aakar
Well in terms of price. I have seen that the 8800gts(g92~single) is far more affordable than two 8800gt. Even though they give relatively the same result. So should I go for a8800gts single then? Its going to end up costing me 500 bucks for two 8800gt and single 8800gts would cost me 450 dollars max(thats a saving of $50 bucks)
SLI'd 8800gt's will wipe a single 8800gts, no doubt... And for the money it's not really hard to rationalize spending an extra $50 for the added horsepower of a second 8800gt. But things you have to consider are,
1) The 8800gt dumps all it's heat into your case(x2 for SLI).
2) Conversely, the 8800gts expels the bulk of the heat it generates out of the case.
3) 8800gts has far more OC potential... (My 8800gts is max game/bench stable @ 802 core and 2100 shader/memory).
4) 2x 8800gt's require a fair amount of power, do you have a decent PSU?
5) Not all games take advantage of SLI(if I recall correctly).