Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Best Core2 Duo overclockers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Core2 Duo overclockers? - Page 4

post #31 of 108
E8400 by far is the best overclocker! 4.168Ghz Stable? What more do you want!


Flash your BIOS using the CD drive method!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition @ 3.0Ghz Gigabyte mATX 785G? HD3200 IGP *Passively cooled* 2x1GB WINTEC Crap, 2x2GB Patriot | DDR2 800 1.9v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital AAKS Series 500GB Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Custom Cooked for SPEED Samsung 58" B650 1080p Plasma Logitech DiNovo Mini 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 350Watt Silent PSU Cooler Master 590 Logitech DiNovo Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition @ 3.0Ghz Gigabyte mATX 785G? HD3200 IGP *Passively cooled* 2x1GB WINTEC Crap, 2x2GB Patriot | DDR2 800 1.9v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Western Digital AAKS Series 500GB Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Custom Cooked for SPEED Samsung 58" B650 1080p Plasma Logitech DiNovo Mini 
PowerCaseMouse
Silverstone 350Watt Silent PSU Cooler Master 590 Logitech DiNovo Mini 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 108
Thread Starter 
Here's a chance for me to learn something: What's UAC? It must be something I haven't come across yet, otherwise I think I would've figured it out.
post #33 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFreeRollerX View Post
E8400 by far is the best overclocker! 4.168Ghz Stable? What more do you want!


Flash your BIOS using the CD drive method!
that's right, I can just make a bootable disc! lol
post #34 of 108
E6700/6750/6850

Just depends on where you go to find the prices..most retailers have the e6750 for cheap. However, your clocks will limited if you cannot achieve ~470+ FSB. You might consider the higher multi of the 6850, or the lower buss speed of the 6700 [which will have no problems hitting 4ghz or 500+FSB's either].

What overall clock speed/buss speed are you trying to obtain here?
post #35 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5CheeseLasagna View Post
Here's a chance for me to learn something: What's UAC? It must be something I haven't come across yet, otherwise I think I would've figured it out.
It's a Vista thing, you running XP so don't worry about it. When you switch you'll see it from the get go, trust me you'll know what it is. lol
D
(15 items)
 
The Sheep Skinner
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming5 Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X 3840 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
960 EVO 500GB EK SE 240mm, Magicool slim 240mm EK Supreme HF CU Gold EKFC-Fury X WB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 Pro Acer XG270HU EVGA 750W  Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse Pad
Naos7000 Corsair MM600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E8400 DFI LT P35 Radeon HD4890 OCZ 2GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Asus multi DVD W7 U Samsung 2232BW+ 
PowerCase
Corsair HX520W CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
D
(15 items)
 
The Sheep Skinner
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming5 Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X 3840 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
960 EVO 500GB EK SE 240mm, Magicool slim 240mm EK Supreme HF CU Gold EKFC-Fury X WB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 Pro Acer XG270HU EVGA 750W  Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse Pad
Naos7000 Corsair MM600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E8400 DFI LT P35 Radeon HD4890 OCZ 2GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Asus multi DVD W7 U Samsung 2232BW+ 
PowerCase
Corsair HX520W CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #36 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CL3P20 View Post
E6700/6750/6850

Just depends on where you go to find the prices..most retailers have the e6750 for cheap. However, your clocks will limited if you cannot achieve ~470+ FSB. You might consider the higher multi of the 6850, or the lower buss speed of the 6700 [which will have no problems hitting 4ghz or 500+FSB's either].

What overall clock speed/buss speed are you trying to obtain here?
I think I'm after 4.0GHz with my sig rig (but obviously with an appropriate cpu)

I guess I'm looking for the fastest CPU possible, but will also allow me to overclock it to the extreme as well since value is always important. I guess I could say I'm looking for the ultimate for my sig rig.

Edit: I'm just power hungry. I don't need the performance. But I was able to run WinXP at 3.6GHz with this e2180 for about a half an hour, and I gotta tell ya: I'm hungry for more. I just want the best, but for under $300, y'know? hehe
post #37 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7racer View Post
It's a Vista thing, you running XP so don't worry about it. When you switch you'll see it from the get go, trust me you'll know what it is. lol
lol ok cool
post #38 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5CheeseLasagna View Post
I think I'm after 4.0GHz with my sig rig (but obviously with an appropriate cpu)

I guess I'm looking for the fastest CPU possible, but will also allow me to overclock it to the extreme as well since value is always important. I guess I could say I'm looking for the ultimate for my sig rig.

Edit: I'm just power hungry. I don't need the performance. But I was able to run WinXP at 3.6GHz with this e2180 for about a half an hour, and I gotta tell ya: I'm hungry for more. I just want the best, but for under $300, y'know? hehe
As stated before, the E8400, it's a bit over $200 most places.
Poseidon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9650 @ 4.0GHz GA-EP45-UD3P BFG GTX260(216) 700/2000 2GB Patriot EP 800MHz RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 320GB and 500GB "Pirate" Drive ;) ASUS DVD Burner XP Home IZ3D 22" Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 1010W FSP Modular DD Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Huge Ass Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
Poseidon
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
QX9650 @ 4.0GHz GA-EP45-UD3P BFG GTX260(216) 700/2000 2GB Patriot EP 800MHz RAM 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 320GB and 500GB "Pirate" Drive ;) ASUS DVD Burner XP Home IZ3D 22" Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 1010W FSP Modular DD Torture Rack Logitech MX518 
Mouse Pad
Huge Ass Razer 
  hide details  
Reply
post #39 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5CheeseLasagna View Post
Here's a chance for me to learn something: What's UAC? It must be something I haven't come across yet, otherwise I think I would've figured it out.
UAC is user account control in windows vista,
basically it turns the screen black and makes sure your giving it permission to do certain "restricted actions" aka, hitting control panel,
its extremely annoying and pops up every 3 seconds
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P67-M Pro HD 4890 2x4gb Gskill DDR3 16000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60gb Force 3 SSD + 1TB Caviar Black Samsung 22X DVD Windows 7 x64 Ultimate LG IPS 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Silverstone 700W Corsair 600T Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k Asus P67-M Pro HD 4890 2x4gb Gskill DDR3 16000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60gb Force 3 SSD + 1TB Caviar Black Samsung 22X DVD Windows 7 x64 Ultimate LG IPS 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Black Widow Ultimate Silverstone 700W Corsair 600T Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 108
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezle98 View Post
As stated before, the E8400, it's a bit over $200 most places.
It's really sounding like my gut instincts were right: either the e6750, 6850, or e8400! I can hardly wait to see what the prices will be by the time I come to buy one of them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Best Core2 Duo overclockers?